Saturday, November 17, 2007

My list.

Saying for the day- * Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.

This coming week contains Thanksgiving. That means we are coming close to the end of the year. Back on March 17 I listed in this blog a list of things I wanted to get done this year. Today I will look and see how well I’ve done.
Those in green I finished. Those in red are left to do.

Things I need to get done. 1. Drive to Crystal Falls and pick up some much needed things we left there.
We did that. WE packed Peter‘s van and ours..
2. Do our income tax. I bought Turbo Tax. I just haven’t gotten around to using it yet.
I did that just in time but ended up having to pay the government $2000 .
3. Go to Menards and get two 4 X 8 pieces of plywood for train layout base.
That one sheet of plywood has become four but I got it.
4. Build the 2’ by 4’ tables the layout will rest on.
There is one table let to build but it is 1 1/2 feet by four.
5. Get a haircut. Every day Betty says “Get a haircut”. But I can still see.
Now I can’t see but I still haven’t gotten a haircut.
6. Arrange for April move of furniture from Crystal Falls to Neenah.
We did more than arrange. We moved the furniture. Pat , Curtis, Pennie, and the boys with the help of church people moved it all.
7. Move into our own half of the condo.
We did but now I think it belongs to the dog.
8. Get the last Harry Potter book. ( Can’t do until July)
I got and read the book. No more Harry Potter.
9. Finish reading “ The Dragon Reborn”
I did but then got hooked on the series which may never get finished.
10. Buy a lottery ticket. ( Can’t win if you don’t buy)
I haven’t yet but I am going to.
11. Make some saffron buns for Easter.
I did and they were great.
12. Get birthday gifts for Luke and Caleb
We gave them money and Toys R Us cards.

13. Find more blogs to use as “ Today’s Link”
I have an ever growing list.

AS you can see I have only two and 1/4 items left on the list. That’s pretty good.
Now I need a new list.

News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The woman left for Green Bay ,by train, early this morning. Even Pastor Joan went with them. With the hunters gone and the women gone there aren’t many people left in Pigeon Falls.
The Fly Inn is open. A few men come in from the woods every night and the bar is doing good business. Some of the visiting hunters are staying there. Every night they exchange hunting stories. One fellow shot a ten point buck at the same time as somebody else shot it. They were on different sides of a field. Both bullets hit the deer and the question was who did the deer belong to. The other hunter was bigger and louder and insisted he shot first. So the poor guy was in the Fly Inn telling his story and drowning his sorrows.
Jack’s Sauna is closed since Jack is still hunting and his wife has gone to Green Bay. Anybody that needs a sauna will just have to stay dirty and wait.
Nancy’s is closed but the poltergeist is making pictures of deer in the window with the Christmas lights. It’s too bad there aren’t more people to see it.
While the women were getting on the train this morning a young man got off. He didn’t have a gun but an impressive looking camera. He was seen taking pictures of the community Christmas tree. He seemed very interested in the ornaments and took close up pictures of many of them.
On the town hall there is a list of deer killed, who killed them, how much they weighed, and the points. When deer season is over there will be prizes for the biggest deer and the one with most points. Eino is doing the weighing.
*****

Today's Link-Julie's Journal- See what upsets Julie.
A good day for me. I got the last eBay package mailed out. I went to Menards and got to ride my scooter. We bought wood for another table and some things for the layout. In the afternoon we worked in the basement and got a lot done on the layout. Then I visited half of my links. What a good day. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

5 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Another mysterious stranger comes to Pigeon Falls.

I think someone needs to give Betty one of those haircut trimmers for Christmas.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

congratulations. you did pretty good. hope you are Brea are breathing extra well. hugs and love for all of you. xoox

9:20 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You did get a lot of stuff done this past year no matter what. I just cut my own hair 30 minutes ago - so I'll stand in for you on that task.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

No breathing treatment today? Just stopped by to check on you. Looks like you're doing good....wish my to-do list looked like yours! Well I'm off to see what upsets Julie....

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The saffron buns were great.

One of Binkers shows today, "The Doodlebops" had a character who always talks in rhymes was out of sorts because she could not find a word to rhyme with orange. It reminded me of your post the other day. And the character said she would find a word and I was all ears eager to hear it and tell you. But the word was a made up word for a silly invention on the show. I was bummed:(

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home