Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Another #4#%%3% Award

Today's Saying

I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. ~Stuart Hamblen


On September 29., a day the internet will long remember, I entered the wonderful world of cute, funny, creative, absolutely meaningless internet awards. I put forth this.
It came complete with an obligatory set of rules.
I awarded it to five blogs and it took off like a rock in a pond.

But I really felt then that it was incomplete. It needed something.
Like a salt shaker needs a pepper shaker to make a set.
So I put back on my creative hat with this result.

And another set of rules.
1. Stand on one foot and shout out how happy you are to deserve such an award.
( If possible video tape and send to U-tube-not required)
2. Pass the award on to as many other blogs as you dare.
3. Do not link back or ever mention where it came from.

Because I firmly believe it needs to be with the other award I am awarding it to the same five people.



See how nicely they go together.





Like a bride and groom.
Like jam and bologna
Like pigs and mud
Like ham and eggs



When you see them popping up all over the internet think of me but don’t tell anybody I created them.



(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

The war to end all wars began yesterday at 4;00.
The bouncing heads information was correct.
Because they were ready when the first people appeared on the street Calab and group moved out wearing and carrying the hats with the giant spider spider webs in them and carrying the blankets covered with the same. They put hats on the some people threw blankets over others and moved them into the Church which God promised Herman He would protect. It was a beautiful operation to watch and went perfectly.
By the time the first rocket ships arrived the street was clear.
Herman and Tommy stood in the middle of the street in front of the Masonic building. Before the Alien leader landed and without any warning the man in black came and stood between them. Tommy turned to Herman and said " I told you he would show up."
Then the Alien leader appeared thirty feet away facing them. Behind him row upon row of alien soldiers with horrible looking weapons began to arrive.
The aliens were not as ugly as the ones in Tommy's dreams but they had four arms instead of two. So they really didn't look human.
" We do not want to destroy you!" the Leader announced ." We are willing to let you surrender."
" What makes you think you will win ?" Tommy asked.
" Well there are only three of you and despite your power you can't fight us all." The leader responded.
" What makes you think there are three?" Tommy asked
The leader laughed " I hope you don't expect any help from that rag tag bunch you have in the barn. We have three weapons from the ship aimed at the barn and if the door opens we will vaporize it."
It was Tommy's turn to laugh." No I meant what made you think there were three of us when there are only two."
Has Tommy lost it? Can't he count? What is going on. Is the war lost before it starts ? Does Tommy think this is just another dream?
It is possible tomorrow might answer a question or two.



And the name Betty drew yesterday is Peter ( Worldman). If she draws it again today Peter gets what is in the treasure chest. Click on the treasure chest in the left hand column to see what is in it.

We will announce the drawing right after it occurs.
While we wait for Betty I am adding these to the treasure chest:
A genuine priceless Irish collectors spoon ( Purchased in England)
And three bats. ( Belfry not included)
Click on the treasure chest to see what else is there.

Betty has arrived in the office.
Betty has drawn.
Sorry Peter it isn't you

The name drawn today is :




..


..

Melissa B

Congratulations Mellisa if you are drawn again tomorrow you will win what is in the treasure chest.
Stop over and wish Mellisa luck.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...Dr. John THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. This might take me a day to get posted. You have put forth some interesting rules here and I gotta figure this out. But in the mean time. Thank you.

Wake up Tommy UK Wake up. Nawh I don't think it's that. He knows something I just bet.

Mahalo many many times over my friend :)

1:35 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Somebody tell Thom I have a video camera.

Tommy is a smart boy. I think he has decided not to trust the MIB. If that's the case, I don't trust him either. I will always side with Tommy.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I can't get past the Jam and Bologna combination.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I will be looking for the video, Quilly.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I will be waiting to hear what happens tomorrow!
Love Di

4:47 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Well it's time you gave me one of those donkey awards (I promise not not tell who gave it to me)...I feel a need for awrds these days...
And time too to pick up my name from that basket!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Oh my God (sorry)
I am really happy and excited again!!
Thanks my Knight

5:33 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

What a great award!

6:58 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Dr. John, "Today's Saying" should not say "Author unknown" because I know who the author is. In my library, on pages 11 and 12 of a little songbook called Favorites Number Four (I think there were eight volumes in all) published by Singspiration, Inc., is the song "Known Only To Him" with words and music by Stuart Hamblen with a copyright date of 1952. Stuart Hamblen was converted in Billy Graham's first Los Angeles crusade way back when; he is also the author of "It Is No Secret What God Can Do."

Here are the lyrics of Known Only To Him (and note the chorus):

1. When my eyes behold the stars this heart of mine is filled with wonder,
My poor mind cannot grasp their array.
But the hand that spilled them there all across the wide heaven
Had a plan when He placed them that way.

CHORUS: Known Only To Him are the great hidden secrets.
I'll fear not the darkness when my flame shall dim.
I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future;
It's a secret Known Only To Him.

2. In this world of fear and doubt on my knees I ask the question,
Why a lonely, heavy cross I must bear.
Then He tells me in my prayer it's because I am trustworthy,
He gives me strength, far more than my share.

CHORUS: Known Only To Him are the great hidden secrets.
I'll fear not the darkness when my flame shall dim.
I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future;
it's a secret Known Only To Him.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Are the bats AND the spoon in the treasure chest? THAT is exciting!

How come every war in PF is the war to end all wars? Is THIS war really going to end ALL wars? Oh how I wish it would! Maybe. Maybe not.... Anyway... I'm with Quilly... I think maybe Tommy learned something about the MIB. BUT ... we'll wait until tomorrow. How is Pastor Joan feeling?

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is a pre-written story And we The actors playing our part no matter we like it or not.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I just pulled myself up with difficulties because I stood on one foot and jumped in the air because I was not on the list ! This avoids me to create another blog for awards !

7:56 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Dr. John - I see that Rachel left an approximate cost for the shipment of her book from the UK to you over on my blog.

I have a signed copy and feel quite lucky indeed!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Very creative Dr. John!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tommy, way to mess with the aliens' heads!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the award and can not wait to see it showing up on other blogs, because I know it will! That is awesome. And I promise, mum's the word here!

God bless Dr. John!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Carma Sez said...

Congratulations on your award, and I like how you created a companion award - very clever :-)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Congrats on the award...I think...and I always knew that Johnny Cash was likely to make an appearance in your basement world!
Sandi

1:11 PM  
Blogger tilden talks... said...

your new awards are clever...
i like the secretive nature of them.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

It not the only one who picked up your first award, so many it didn't really sink like a rock.

Looking forward to Tommy waking up.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Practice makes perfect it is said and as I look at your latest artwork here, I can see it is getting better with each new award.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Obviously, I did not use the proper insenses to distribute nice smokes and smell around and all over my dwelling. Otherwise, Betty would have drawn my name for a second time. I will have to go and complain to the seller of the insense.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home