Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quilly's Words-Franco at Tea

Today's Link
Gordo's Brain

Today's Saying
What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. ~Yiddish Proverb

Today's Picture
My mother and father at Dawn's Wedding

It is Quilly day. Time to take Quilly’s three words for the day and write a story. The words are hitonious; teterrimous & mellifluous.

Satisfied with the huge anopisthograph advertising the big event Franco had turned to other things. But now he put down the DVD of Ben Hur that he had received in today’s snail mail to concentrate on his cup of tea. His tea had to be just right, luke warm ,with just a pinch of sugar from the sugar bowl. Tea served any other way he considered to be teterrimous tea bordering on the hitonious. In fact tea served any other way caused him to have an enormous sternutation. Thus Franco would rather have had sparkling cider instead of tea but he was saving all of the cider for the fund raising Wizard Walk-a-thon to stamp out salmonella. George , his master carpenter, had met the challenge and made two portable tables on which the cider could be served to the walkers along the route. He thought the cotton tablecloth on each one was a mellifluous touch. Franco even praised George and praise from a Zoilist like Franco didn't happen often.
Franco cared very much about this campaign having some rather melancholy memories of a bout or two with the dreaded salmonella bacteria. In fact his vivid memories lead to the vomit colored armbands the walkers got to wear. And , of course, He had donated the telescope to be given to the one that raises the most cash. Soon he hoped it would all translate into money in the bank.

And now for something completely different my quivels of the day. ( A Quivel is poetic drivel using Quilly’s words)

Some Quivels pretending to be haiku

Old Lion
always hitonious
Old Father

Never Spring
teterrimous weather
Always Winter

Breeze blowing
Mellifluous sounds
Trees listen

A short bit of Quivel– Bad Music

Hitonious was the song of old
With teterrimous notes so bold
Mellifluous horns went cold
Directors would just up and fold.

Anopisthograph covered with snot
A terrible sternutation wrought
Happy the zoilist surely was not
But the employee was caught.

The Fund Raiser– A piece of Ravenistic Quivel
(Raising quivel to a higher depth)

After the hitonious sugar bowl game
The Ben Hur movie seemed so tame
George wanted the cotton bowl
Bless his teterrimous soul
Just John

But the fund raising wizard Eddy
Kept the mellifluous group steady
Till the luke warm soup of the day
Sent salmonella there to stay
Poor John


No money to the bank they sent
Need a walk-a-thon to pay the rent
The telescope from next door
Saw them running to the door
Our John

Please don’t leave me as the only quivel writer . Join me! Any fool blessed with a real lack of talent can write quivel. Just take Quilly’s words and put them into something that vaguely resembles a poem. You can do it.
Quivel is written by fools like me
Real poems are written by jinsky.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Yesterday Mrs. Trumble won the Power Ball lottery. She is going to receive a little over 3 million dollars a year for the next twenty five years. She announced that after she pays all applicable taxes she is donating what is left , a little over 1 1/2 million dollars to the town of Pigeon Falls and will do so for the next twenty four years. The Town Council met to accept the gift and declared Saturday to be Mrs. Trumble Day. They are planning the biggest street dance Pigeon Falls has ever seen. They are looking for a good band to play.
On the Bergall farm all the cows birthed early but all the calves were full term and perfectly healthy. In fact there was not one problem birth in the bunch. Jon is amazed.
The dragons have benn putting on a fantastic light show every night this week with loops and things one didn’t even know they could do. People are skipping favorite TV programs to be outside to see them.

Wrap UP
I started the day by reading all the blogs that used Quilly's words today. I found two more quivel writers. The revolution has begun. Soon little pockets of quivel will opop up all across the net. All this because of Quilly. Then I spent a lot of time getting the midweek service transferred to the St. Mark's website. Little by little I'm learning what the many pieces of software I have can do. My sister Dawn called. I visited the blogs of everyone who left a comment yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment,
GBYA
*****************************************

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Quivel and I can't believe I didn't guess the meaning of that word! LOL!

Now, explain, since you just used my words, where did Jientje and Melli get the words they used? (Not complaining, just confused.)

3:48 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

Oh my...I guess I am going to need a dictionary to keep reading your blog. Your words are too dificult.

I am glad that Pigeon Falls came into a windfall from Mrs. Trumball.

4:49 AM  
Blogger bettygram said...

I find luke warm tea hitonious.
Hot tea the best.
Our tea time together is mellifluous.

5:22 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

How do you get your brain to work that creatively before the sun is even up? And when it is this cold?

6:23 AM  
Blogger Carletta said...

I picked the wrong day to get here early! My head is spinning with all these words. You amaze me every week with your talent to put all these together.
I'm not sure about the vomit colored armbands though - that kind of made any thoughts of breakfast fade quickly. :)
Have a wonderful day Dr. John!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Yea! Explain where Melli & Jientje got all those OTHER words! ROFL!

All I know is writing quivel got you to my blog in the MORNING hours! WOW! What are you saving for last tonight?

And now we have Ravenistic Quivel? You always have to raise the bar, don't you!? I finally get it together to participate in quiveltry and now you want MORE! Listen mister! I'm no polyhistor! Your sudorific request is ruining my rident rhathymia!


What is going to happen to ALL this goodness when the week is up? Is it going to stay? Or will it be reversed? Is it permanent? Or is it temporary? Is Mrs. Trumble REALLY going to get all that money EVERY year??? THESE are the important questions...

6:39 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Pretty wedding dress.
~Brea

6:44 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

I continue to be amazed by the ease with which you use all those strange words. Kudos!

Things are going quite well in Pigeon Falls this week but.... how long will it last? What surprises are lurking, waiting only for the leprachaun's influence to expire?

7:30 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I thought Lutherans didn't speak in tongues....

8:00 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Where do you find these words???

Awesome photo!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

And did I mention I love the glasses!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

I'm thinking maybe we're going to need some kind of 12 step program for bizarre word addiction... Brilliant and clever as always.

10:49 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Ya! The glasses are quite precious in that pic!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

ROFL!! Yeah, now where would I have found those words huh? But I even need a dictionary to read the comments here, oh dear!
And I agree, vomit coloured bracelets ARE hitonious!
Now where did I get that word again, I thought they were bracelets, and you people call them armbands? Hmmm?
Anyway, it was an honour to be able to join in on this!

11:18 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

you're simply too good to keep up with your inventions. too cool, the way you use all those words.
bravo!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I am going to join your Quiveling next week.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

man, do you crack me up, and Gordo is my buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonna add you to my list, so glad to meet you!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

You do do it up big, don't you? That was great, and what an appropriat new word -Quivel!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Lack of talent? I beg to differ. I don't know anyone who could make those words jump through hoops in all the variety of ways that you did. Simply amazing! And after your enthusiastic encouragement *ahem* browbeating *ahem*, I did give it a try (though I'm not sure that it meets the rigid standards of "quivel.")

And by the way, did you know that when I googled the word "teterrimous" that your blog was the 3rd entry on the page. Quilly was the 4th, and Betty was the 5th! Wow! :)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I did it. Since all that time I follow your blog, I not only like your writings but I also like in particular your "Saying of the day". I also like to add things to my blog that are not only "me". Today, I added a widget: Dr. John's Wisdom". And in there I am putting one of your "Saying of the day". And it will be updated, frequently.

It is an superb, important and rich addition to my blog.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quilly stares at Dr. John and taps her foot.

Quivel is more fun.
Quivel requires little thinking.
Quivel is Quilly's fault so no blame can be attached.
Quivel has few rules.


Quilly wants to know how a word Dr. John made up could possibly be her fault.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

This brain raking or storming is too difficult for me ! I don't even find the words in my dictionary.So I wait until you all get back to normal ! lol !

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A day late
tho better than not,
time for tea,
I like mine hot.
Then off to write
Quivel for you
I love your story
and your Quivel too.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Reba said...

Hi Dr. John. I've taken over the computer from Mom and read yur story and such. It's all good. Now this dog will go try to write Quivel fur you. Check later when you read my story and maybe it will be done in another post.

12:18 PM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

yeezy boost 350 v2
basketball shoes
michael kors factory outlet
adidas nmd r1
balenciaga
baseball jerseys
jordans
adidas stan smith
michael kors outlet online
zx flux

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home