Friday, March 06, 2009

Blingo Again

Today's Link
Nerd Knits

Today's Saying
Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. ~Malachy McCourt

Today's Picture
Dr. John & Tommy

I enjoyed this so much I decided to play it again. I went to Blingo and submitted the words “ John lost” then I went through what they gave me looking and copying out the “ John lost” phrases.
Here they are:
( The order has been reorganized .In some eyes a teterrimous action bordering on the hitonious )

1. John lost history-Right on ! The older I get the less I remember.
2. John lost Yamaha– Must have been part of the history I can’t remember.
3. John lost some emails with a computer transfer, -Some? I lost them all.

4. John lost 129 pounds.– I really did at one time.
5. John lost one of his best advisers – I still miss Richard. He gave such mellifluous advice.
6. John lost an eye to dripping lead from the melting roof– It was dripping ice and the eye was saved by the glasses.

7. John. Lost Angels– Wow! How did I do that. I need those angels.
8. John lost George– No I didn’t I gave it away. Old George stands in Peter’s doorway now.

9. John lost Normandy – I don’t think they ever gave it to me.
10. John lost most of his land in France – First Normandy and now this . Can’t I hold on to anything?
11. John Lost Ground - Right. All of Normandy and part of France

12. John lost my room – It’s here in the house somewhere. I’m sure of it
13. John Lost Pictures. – Oh come on! They are somewhere in the computer.
14. John lost his key, please find it for him– Never mind I lose it all the time. I think it’s in the room I lost.

15. John lost 22 male Hohenfels – They are so small and easy to lose. Anybody seen a Hohenfel
16. John Lost Dog in Cleveland– So that’s where the cocker spaniel went. I never knew.
17. John lost the conservative base by pandering way to far left– Okay! But how did I lose my liberal base?

18. John lost control of his bowels. – What a mess. But I was in the hospital. The nurse wasn’t happy though.
19. John lost a bit of his shine during the '80s,- The last of it went in the ‘90s.
20. John lost John– I have been looking for me ever since.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Tommy UK sat in Nancy’s drinking his free coffee and trying to figure some way out of his houtted dilemma. Nancy’s was the only place where he didn’t have to scratch and it was hard to think and scratch at the same time. His problem was simple. He needed to find the leprechaun that had cursed him and make him take back the teterrimous curse. He was sure that face to face his rock power exceeded anything the leprechaun had. But the dear little man had prevented a simple mellifluous solution by going into hiding. An action that was , in Tommy’s mind, clearly hitonious. But how did you find a leprechaun that doesn’t want to be found. That was now the basic question and this was his third cup of coffee.
Then suddenly , in one of those light bulb moments, Tommy knew the answer. It was staring him in the face every time he left the Coffee Shop. The only problem is why didn’t he think of it before. He thanked Nancy for the coffee and went outside.
Nancy worried about Tommy but she was busy trying to squash the latest rumor that Petrovich’s latest driblet predicted the end of everything as the entire universe collapsed into itself and was gone. Whoever started that one reads too much science fiction. This silly rumor started as the end of Pigeon Falls, expanded to the United States, went on to take in the Planet Earth, and now the universe. What she needed to end it would be a rumor that would crowd it out. So Nancy did the unthinkable. She started the rumor that old Aila Mattson was pregnant with twins. If she knew her people Petrovich would be forgotten and Aila would be having triplets. Not bad for an eighty year old lady.


Wrap UP
What does " castuali " mean? Find out tomorrow on this very blog and nowhere else.A nice day today. Visited some other blogs that had used Quilly's words. Then I looked for a blog as "Today's Link for Sunday". I took some pictures of our feeble attempt at Spring knowing snow is promised for Sunday but you can always hope. Betty and I went downstairs and tested engines as I intend to sell some of the extra engines on e-Bay. Betty and Pennie went with Peter, Lauri, and Luke to supper.Then I visited every blog that left a comment on this blog yesterday and where I hadn't before I left a comment. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************************

14 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

I love the hat in the picture. Very snazzy.

A life well lived is the best revenge.

4:08 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Ha...Blingo's first entry says, "___ isn't lost." Then it goes on to say that I lost my senses, my mind and my sheep. I'm not sure I ever had any of those.

How did you find out about blingo? I've used Ask.com before.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Too funny- I need to investigate this blingo!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I like this one. "John Lost" I'll have to try it.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

You come up with the best quotes. I love the photo in this too.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhh YOU sir, are the bright spot in my day!

Your saying of the day could not be MORE true if it came from scripture!

I am wondering WHICH Tommy you are pictured with up above.

I'm glad that when you lost yourself you did not lose your MARBLES as well!

And Aila is 80 years old??? WOW! She looks soooooooo good for a woman her age! Wouldn't surprise me a bit if she's having quints!

I hope the emails you lost didn't include the one I sent last night... we need all the help we can get...

And your word verification is pouring forth more good words -- today's is CASTUALI. Can't wait to find out what it means!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

I've got to find blingo, too. Losing Normandy and part of France is a tough Friday.

Just so you know, the father in this house could grow a beard in the 15 seconds it takes his daughter to get out of the van :)

9:10 AM  
Blogger aims said...

It looks like the swing is attached to wooden dowels. Is this correct? What kind of swinging motion did you get from that?

I'm wondering if Tommy will succeed in his quest. Do I have to wait until Monday to find out?

9:45 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

i never knew losing things can be so hilarious.
love the photo, too, although the perspective puzzles me a little

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what Tommy is up to.

And --

Nancy is brilliant. However, this is Pigeon Falls, so I won't be surprised if the old lady really does have triplets.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's hope the old lady doesn't have 8. I wanna move to Pigeon Falls. Wonderful picture. I do hope that John get's control of his bowels sometime soon pheewweee

12:03 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Such a good guarantee
Is that the eleventh commandment?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

You mean I have to UPSET you in order to get extra comments? ??? Sorry... that's not worth it! UPSETTING is Quilly's job! MY job is cheerleader!

I am probably going to be going to Texas in a week or 10 days -- and I don't have any clue how long I'm going to be there... I'm thinking at least a month... there is a possibility that I may have to postpone April until May or June. But I won't know that for a while... I will keep you posted though. And I may just come straight to Wisconsin from Texas... who knows. My life is SO up in the air right now...

oh! Word verification is at it AGAIN!!! Surezedo! What on earth could THAT mean!?

6:53 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Interesting. I will have to try this Blingo too.

An ad: In a few days there will be a small post specially for you.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home