Wednesday, February 25, 2009

John Needs Blingo or Google

Today's Link
Fat, Frumpy, and Fifty

Saying for the Day
Our names are labels, plainly printed on the bottled essence of our past behavior. ~Logan Pearsall Smith

Picture for the Day
Our Kitchen Counter on an Ordinary Day

In visiting blogs I came across this idea ( Can’t remember which one) . You put your name in Google followed by the word needs. Then you see what it gives you. You pick the first ten usable ones.

Well I tried Blingo first because I hoped to win a prize. ( I didn’t win)

But this is my list of ten.
From Blingo
1. John needs basketball tickets ( But with handicapped seating)
2. John needs affirmative action ( Don’t tell me they don’t discriminate against dumb Finns I know better)
3. John needs more paper on Viemo ( I forgot I had a Viemo to cover)
4. Big Bad John needs a hug ( Hey a smile would be more than enough)
5. John needs help ( Everybody who reads my poems knows that)
6. John needs knives ( Now if only Betty would stand still while I practice throwing. I can hit the apple)
7. John needs a Yoko ( And a poko cuz he’s loco)
8. John needs to get his patootie back here ( Nope I’m never going back)
9. John needs workers ( My basement still isn’t clean, I’ll soon have a garden to plant, the garage needs cleaning)
10. John needs neck surgery ( I really hope not . It’s the only part that doesn’t hurt)


That went so well I thought I’d see if Google would give me a different result.

Here are my ten from Google.
From Google
1. Big Bad John needs a hug ( no surprise there)
2. John Needs help- ( This is getting repetitive)
3. John needs thirteen bottles of water from the store ( I am thirsty and Neenah water has lead but I prefer cola)
4. John needs a plumber ( I could use hotter bath water)
5. John needs to fall off his high horse ( Let’s not get personal besides it’s a long way down)
6. John needs big plays ( You can’t win at three handed canasta without a big play)
7. John Needs Joe more than ever ( I haven’t seen Joe for years and now I need him?)
8. John needs a way to assign an item’s UUID ( There is nothing worse than an item with an unassigned UUID)
9. John needs to embrace family values ( Depends on which family’s values you want me to embrace)
10. John needs charisma ( A little charisma would be nice . It might even up my comment count.)

That was rather fun.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
As soon as Nancy left the Coffee Shop last night her rash returned itchier than ever. She stopped and bought some bread but by the time she got home it was moldy. It was at this point that she decide to Google Leprechaun . She discovered that one source said “they are depicted as ill-natured and mischievous, with a mind for cunning .“ They were not just cute little creatures as she had pictured them. But at least she knew that all that was happening to her was the result of Leprechaun magic. She needed to get the coin back to him or she was afraid she would be scratching forever except in the Coffee Shop. Apparently his magic couldn’t touch her there. It must be that her poltergeist protected her. Its magic was stronger or as strong as the leprechaun. If worse came to worse she could go and live in the Coffee Shop eating saffron buns and drinking coffee until she figured this out.
She needed more information so she gave in and called the opprobrious, Shamus O’Malloory . Perhaps his grandmother had in one of her quondam stories read him something that would help her. Shamus remembered a bit of Irish casuistry that applied to dealing with leprechauns. Like all casuistry it had no absolute rules on how to proceed but gave suggestions that may or may not apply to the case at hand. Shamus left poor Nancy even more confused.
Wrap UP
I got up this morning and after my breathing treatment I took a bath. I usually take a bath at night but this is Ash Wednesday and we are going to Church tonight. I worked on learning more about movie editing this morning. In the afternoon I visited all the blogs of people who left comments yesterday or the day before and left comments. If you didn't get a comment one of the following three reasons apply:
1. I left a comment yesterday and you still had the same entry.
2. I goofed
3. Your name is Melli and I always save your blog for last.
At 4:00 we started a new tradition. Every day we are going to stop at 4:00 and have a cup of tea. When we cleaned the cupboard we found we had enough tea to carry us for a full year so we have started using it up. I kind of like the tea break. We are putting it in Javanagogh cups instead of those dainty tea cups. Now I have to go get ready for Church. When I get back I'll have a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*************************************

17 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

Big Bad Johns are always looking for hugs.

3:11 AM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

brings to mind A A Milne -

John has great big waterproof boots on,
John has a great big waterproof hat.
John has a great big waterproof mackintosh,
'And that' said John 'is that.'

3:52 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Well, be glad it didn't say, "Big bad John is meaner than a junk yard dog" oh wait- that was Big Bad Leroy Brown...

4:44 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Yes that was quiet a fun list!
but "Big Bad John"?? That is funny!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I never even HEARD of Blingo! Now I gotta go google Blingo! Sheesh! I've done this thing before... it came out rather boring for me... apparently the major banking institution in Iran or Iraq is called Melli... comes up with all kinds of banking garbage! Perhaps I should try it with Mary Clare? LOL! At any rate... I'm hanging on to my hug - until April!

Ahhhh! I didn't even THINK about the fact that the poltergeist were PROTECTING Nancy in the coffee shop. I was thinking that the Leprechaun just wanted her to stay there until he came for the coin! Hmmmmm.... Dueling magic!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh! And THANK YOU for showing what your counters REALLY look like! Betty has been redeemed!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I wonder what I need, lol ! I just read your post of yesterday and think you are so right !!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You should try it again with the term "Doesn't need". I bet the results would be more agreeable. ;)

8:16 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

ha, that was a fun list made more so by your commnets.

there has been rather a lot of duelling magic in pigeon falls lately and it seems it ain't over yet...

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ignorant to Blingo. I love the title of your blog pick, so I will have to visit. The greatness to the list was your added comments. ~Mary

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Well, I see I am the third one of your commenters here who had never heard of Blingo before. Will have to check that out -as well as the "Jeni Needs" thing too.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if my weekly three words are educating the world, or confusing them?

If I were Nancy I would never leave the coffee shop. And, where is her husband through all of this?

10:14 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

That was fun, I may try it.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Hmmm, now I have to go to google and see what I come up with...and I could have told Nancy that Leprechauns were testy little devils..had a run in or two with the blighters myself...
Sandi

12:24 PM  
Blogger Sayre said...

Maybe it's a CUP of JOE that you need...

Your kitchen counter looks pretty good when it's all tidied up!

Re: your comment... The old hand cream works fine. I'd just forgotten about it since I hadn't needed it in so long (15 years). Believe me, cracking hands were quite the surprise this morning.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I like the idea of a tea break at four...will you use British accents? Maybe speak in Finnish?

I also enjoyed your needs....I was surprised "John needs a breathing treatment" did not come up.

Bree and I went to Ash Wed. services. Pete was home sick.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I did this idea, it came up wih Marlene Needs Prozac...I got more depressed and quit. LOL

You are so adorable, Dr. John and your charisma level is VERY high!!!

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home