Friday, February 20, 2009

Me and My Pony

Today's Link
Noe Noe Girl..Tall Tales from a Short Chick

Saying for the Day
One person's joy is another person's sorrow. Dr. John

Picture of the Day
Me and Tony

Ever since I read a blog on Monday or Tuesday about somebody's experience with a pony when they were little I have had this image from a quondam experience in my life. I am sitting in the middle of a creek watching Tony, the pony, who dumped me there run off. You will have to admit that it was opprobrious conduct for a pony. To take a poor , not to sharp kid, and dump him in the creek can not be turned into a good thing no matter what kind of casuistry my father employed to convince me otherwise.
Believe me the experience did not improve my character or give me something to laugh about. It was humiliating, painful, and I ended up with a cold. If anything it made me feel like one of the volgivagant crowd and was not an isangelous experience.
The pony went on into the neighborhood where it caused quite a fracas as it drove Mrs. Stetson into her house and her husband came after it with a two by four. This was not a wise thing to do but then nobody ever accused my neighbor of having a perspicacious mind . I can’t tell you how far the pony kicked that two by four but it was far enough to send the neighbor scurrying into the house.
Then my dad showed up and brought it home. Most of the time Tony obeyed my dad. In fact we all obeyed my dad. His was a cynicocratical rule only because he approached everything with cynicism. But we loved him anyway which is more than I can say for the pony. I stood in terror of it.
My dad still made me ride it.
He was making a man out of me.
I had to face what I was afraid of.
The whole experience did do one thing for me. I gave up wanting to be a singing cowboy and thought I might take up Philately or Numismatics.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Tommy UK is planning on going to Iron mountain to visit his uncle tomorrow. This week has seemed to go on forever and ever. He has so many questions that only his uncle can answer. He really wants those answers. He will go over to Iron mountain on the milk train and come home on the last train in the evening since he has to acolyte on Sunday with Tammy.
Nobody has seen Petrovich for several days which usually means he is hard at work at translating a driblet. First he does a general translation from the Coptic. Then he goes back and works word by word. Then he looks for the little nuances that are hard to convey from one language to another but in a prophecy can make all the difference in the world. When all of that is finished he e-maiks the translation and the orginal to two friends who are experts in Coptic and has them critigue it. When all of that is finished he publishes the driblet.
Of course he might not be translating a driblet he might just be playing with the twins and giving his wife a break. But then that wouldn’t make a good rumor would it?

Wrap UP
It was one of those weird days. I bought some new movie editing software to help with the St. Mark's Website. I spent most of the morning on a very slow learning curve. Betty went to therapy imn the afternoon. I published the coming Sunday's bulletin to the website. Betty came home and asked why the Bible sections were all run together. The problem was they were perfect in firefox but not in Explorer. It took an hour and a half to find away around the problem. Then I visited the blogs of everybody who left a comment yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
********************************************************

14 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

You look cute on your pony.

I like the way you link the words to the definitions. You are so helpful.

It's amazing how we all look at experiences differently and how our experiences color our lives.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

And vowed to stick to Shankses Pony, no doubt.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I vote for Philately! I love stamps! Your Tony sounds like a persnickety pony to me! If I was your dad, I'd have taken my OWN 2x4 to him! .... dump my kid in the creek, will ya?...

I hope Tommy's uncle has all the answers Tommy wants - and is willing to share them. I heard Mrs. Petrovich is pregnant again and suffering HORRIBLE morning sickness... and afternoon sickness... and evening sickness... and Petrovich is ripping out his hair and writing his OWN driblets! But it's probably just another rumor...

6:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My last experience with a horse did not end well, ended up in a body cast for nearly six months.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

Ah, rumours aren't worth anything if they're not exaggerated! I hope Tommy UK finds out enough to give him some understanding.

I'm glad you survived Tony the Pony!!!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful words this story uses! I loved ever nuance of this read!

Grandpa Hull had a pony like Tony. I remember once landing in a muddle puddle flat on my back and staring up at the pony who was laughing at me!

I have been on a horse seven times in my life. I have fallen off a horse seven times in my life.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I always wanted a pony when I was a kid. I wanted to get one for my Little T but he wanted no parts of that!
Thanks for the feature link and for stopping by! Come on back now ya hear!

NNG

10:43 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

Aww, you are one cute little guy!
I hope all goes well at Pigeon Falls.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I think the pony knew you could not sing....

10:57 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

What a cutie pie you were...the pony is "purty" too...I try to learn at least one new word everyday...and here you have taken the work out of my life for a least a week...thanks Doc!
Sandi

11:10 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

tony the pony sounds like a mean beast although he was probably just being himself...
great use of words again.
and i wonder what tommy will find out from his uncle (if they meet at all)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

You don't look too happy on Tony the Pony. He must have had some Zebra in him.

I learned a bunch of new words today as well...!

I always used to be confused between a philatelist and a philanthropist.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I am amazed about the words you are finding. I guess I will start doing something like this too.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I understood very well your post about this special pony which made me think of a donkey but I had to leave out the words in blue which I didn't understand, lol ! On the picture you look as if you were the perfect cowboy !!
Internet Explorer always causes troubles, that's why I seldom use it. Very often you only see half of the things or all upside down.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home