Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Word in Prayer

Today's Link
Kcinnova's World

Today's Saying
Our thoughts are unseen hands shaping the people we meet. Whatever we truly think them to be, that's what they'll become for us. ~Richard Cowper

Today's Picture
My son Pat

Yesterday my daughter came to me with a problem. She was one of two youth advisors going with the St. Mark’s Youth Group to New Orleans for the National Lutheran Youth Gathering and they wanted to know if they could set up a website where they could tell parents what was happening and post pictures. They each had a laptop and were sure they could get an internet connection. They also wanted the parents to be able to send notes to their children .
To be honest with you I don’t know a great deal about websites. The one I keep for St. Marks doesn’t do half of what she wanted. But this is my only daughter and my Church so I said I would think about it.
The gathering isn’t until next summer and I figured I would have time to research it and work something out. But the more I thought about it the surer I became that I couldn’t do it.
So last night during my regular prayer time I brought the problem to God. While I was praying one word came to me, “blog”. The answer was so simple I would never have thought of it. But God gave me the gift of that Word.
Now I know that some of you who read this blog don’t believe in prayer and some don’t believe in a personal God but please don’t explain to me it was just my sub conscious working overtime. If there is no God then of course that’s what it was. You can believe that if you want to.
I live in a different world than you. In my world the God I believe in is involved in my life. I don’t begrudge you your unbelief don’t begrudge me my belief. The funny thing about miracles or words from God is that it takes faith to see them
So God gave me the perfect solution. They can use the blog as a daily diary complete with pictures and the parents can send notes in the comments. Perfect!
Thank you God.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Yesterday , after school, Tommy UK decided to act on everything he had learned. He grasped the stone in one hand and the coin in the other and willed himself to the place where the coin belonged. Suddenly he found himself deep in a weald that was totally unfamiliar to him. The plants even had leaves whose folioles were different from any plant he had ever seen. In front of him was a small clearing with a big pot gravid with coins. Certainly no paucity of wealth here. He couldn’t figure out how the leprechaun even knew one was missing. Sitting next to the pot was a little man playing what looked like an Irish Zither and singing a song about the apanthropinization of an old Irish hermit.
Tommy walked out into the clearing and said to the little man” by the established rules all these coins are now mine. But if you promise to lift the curse on Nancy and stay out of Pigeon Falls I will return them to you and give you this one extra coin as well.“.
The Leprechaun was not at all happy but seeing no alternative he promised.
Then Tommy told him if he failed to keep his promise he would return and take it all.
With that Tommy threw the coin into the pot and pulled a card from Jack’s Sauna out of his pocket. Now he willed himself to the place from which the card came and suddenly found himself in front of Jack’s.

Wrap UP
A very good breathing day> I wish I could say the snow was going away but it isn't. Today I did some research for future "today's links". There are so many good ones to choose from. I went back to trying to clean up my computer. I visited all twenty blogs that left comments yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
****************************************************************

16 Comments:

Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Hello. We lost power here at our home yesterday so this is the first chance I have in getting back to visiting with you. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

I do love your poem of "Snow" below this...I dislike snow so much after living over 40 years in the Colorado foothills that I just HAD to move south. LOL

Have a great Tuesday.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

OF COURSE it was God! That is EXACTLY how He works ... and I love Him for it! And I LOVE that in this ONE case, I could have given you the SAME advice God did! That must make ME pretty smart! HA! (well... just this once...)

Oh boy. Tommy has really discovered something hasn't he! Hmmm... I guess the leprechaun thing happened for a reason!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

God works in this way so often. My favorite is confirmation. For a few years now my husband and I have talked about establishing a fellowship (not necessarily a church) but a comfortable coffee house, with sofas, recliners and a stage type of place. Thus naming it "The Living Room."

Where all Christians are welcomed to gather, by interest on what even is planned for that day or night - anything. The Lord is in charge basically.

Then along comes our new pastor. He's young. Younger than us! He shared how he took a break from seminary due to "burn out" a few years back and worked at a Starbucks. Turns out God - turned that Starbucks into a downtown ministry of sorts for him.

We shared with him our idea of "The Living Room" and God willing - it just may come to pass. :)

When you see God answering, working in our lives with simple words, answers or confirmations. It's so exciting.

6:54 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I would think that a blog would be easier for someone to post to on the run, compared to a website. And pictures can be posted easily. But they need to be very careful of privacy issues. Also, what about a group Facebook page? Perhaps even easier.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I was thinking blog too....I always thank God when I find something right away because in my house it is a miracle! I mentioned it to some friends of mine and they say they do the same thing!

Pete and I are doing better with colds but not totally gone. Bree took my cell phone to school today. I had it less than 48 hours and she took it. She must be a teenager.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

My family read my blog to keep updated on me, but they're not so good at leaving comments, so I know they're actually still there! Perhaps I bore them to death?! x

7:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I, too, thought 'blog!', right away. I guess great minds really do think alike!

For privacy, can you do one of those blogs where only 'invited' or 'member' readers can access it? I have no idea how that's done, but I've seen it around the Web.

I love your snow poem (such delicious words you chose) and really enjoyed the snow video.

Should I not mention that we topped 90 degrees, here, a few days ago? Seems we are at opposite extremes of weather, right now. In my humble opinion, they should BOTH begone!

Hope you, and your posse of Linnas, are well. :-)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Of course! Phillipians 4:6 (Living Bible)

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny -- what Melli said!

And, oh to have Tommy's rock! But magic always has a price. What price will Tommy pay?

10:29 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I believe God gave you the answer Dr. John, you asked him for a solution didn't you? :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

well, before finishing the first paragraph i thought, blog!

well done tommy!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

A blog for the trip is a wonderful idea. It will be a perfect way to keep everyone connected. And Praise God for a good breathing day! :)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

God is wonderful, too bad there are lots out there who don't believe or to have that relationship with our Father.

Oh What Quilly said.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

That's great ! Bravo ! what a wonderful solution !

10:53 PM  
Blogger aims said...

A wonderful solution indeed! I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what would work and the answer is perfect.

Of course you know I'm trying not to be jealous of her adventure in New Orleans. I'm trying really hard - really!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

God always answers my prayers. Well, He just answers me, period - we have on going conversations.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home