Friday, February 27, 2009

Kids are Better than Dogs

Today's Link
Don't Eat the Tomatoes

Saying for the Day
I have so much on my plate and the plate is so small it can't hold it. --Dr. John

Picture of the Day

Greeting on Ash Wednesday

The other day I read on Lasy Daisy’s blog thirteen reasons why dogs are better than kids.
I don’t agree having raised both. So here are my fifteen reasons kids are better than dogs.
Fifteen Reasons kids are better than dogs
They:
1. Don’t have to be protected from chocolate, grapes, and broccoli.
2. Will come when called ( Most of the time)
3. Don’t chew up everybody’s shoes
4. Never drink out of the toilet even if the door is open
5. Are covered by your health insurance
6. Never get you up at 2:30 in the morning to go outside to pee
7. Don’t get hair all over the sofa
8. Don’t need a fence to keep them in the yard
9. Obey when you tell them not to do something ( most of the time)
10. Can learn to play the Zither.
11. Will hold same instead of knocking over the ladder
12. Won’t chew up the little pool you bought so they would stay out of the big one.
13. Won’t dig up all your flowers chasing a rabbit
14. Will sleep in their own bed (most of the time)
15. Can say I love you with words as well as actions

But in truth having both kids and dogs makes for the best of both worlds.

Eleven reasons why having both kids and dogs is best
1. They can amuse each other and stay out of your hair
2. The dog will eat the food the kid doesn’t like but is pretending to eat
3. The kid can chase the dog when it doesn’t come when called
4. The dog can help find the kid when it doesn’t come when called
5. The kid can keep the dog in his room off of your bed
6. The dog will protect the kid from neighborhood bullies.
7. They can huddle together during a thunder storm
8. The kid will always have a friend
9. The dog will lick your face when you fall off the ladder the kid was supposed to be holding.
10. Together they help in your growth toward an apanthropinization of your thought.
11. There will never be a paucity of unconditional love.

I just love kids and dogs so there.


News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.

Poor Nancy spent two nights at the Coffee Shop. She was afraid to go outside. The one time she did was to get some more coffee and the rash returned in all its multi-colors the moment she passed through the doorway. The itch came back as well and she wanted to scratch her skin off. She carried the coin with her but saw no leprechaun to give it to. It was so good to get back in the shop and be back to normal . So today when she needed flour she called and had it delivered. She was tempted to tip the delivery man the leprechaun’s coin but she didn’t. If only Tommy TW , her husband, was here but he wouldn’t be home for a few more days since things were going so well they extended his tour. She didn’t have the heart to tell him what was happening to her.
In the midst of this Tommy UK stopped at Nancy’s Coffee Shop. He was depressed and hoped Nancy could cheer him up. Instead he found a depressed Nancy more in need of cheering than able to dispense cheer. So he listened to her sad tale instead of telling her his. When she finished telling him about the Leprechaun and its magic and how her poltergeist kept her safe in the shop he knew what he had to do.
He left the shop , went home and got his rock from his hiding place. Then he went back to the coffee shop. He asked Nancy to give him the coin and said he would take care of the curse. Nancy, of course, was reluctant to give it to him because she didn’t want him cursed as well. She had kept the coin and not given it out as change because she didn’t want anyone else to suffer. Tommy assured her that he could handle it
and get her curse lifted as well. Finally Nancy gave him the coin .
Holding the coin in one hand and his rock in the other Tommy went out to face the leprechaun.

Wrap UP
Started the day by redoing my links page . Now it explains the colors and the numbers. Read new blogs ( to me) looking for blogs to recommend in the “ today’s link slot”. Posted the coming Sunday’s bulletin on St. Mark’s blog. Visited all the blogs that left comments on mine yesterday and some from the day before. Cleaned off my computer desk because my grandsons come tonight. Tomorrow they will be on the computer and things tend to move around a lot. So I organized and got rid of the movable clutter . Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*******************************************

17 Comments:

Blogger Jinksy said...

Here, the jury is still out on the dogs...

4:50 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

I love your reasons kids are better than having dogs and having both are best.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I'm with you Dr J on the kids and the dogs! They both sure make me smile and add joy to my life. Have a nice week end.

5:55 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I've enjoyed having dogs and having kids. Now I'm happily empty nested! Advantage of a dog: you can put it out in the kennel or out on a chain when you don't want it underfoot. Advantage of a child: they play sports and they bring new interested into one's life. [Among other advantages.]

6:34 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

That is a great picture of you and Betty. I really liked the photo of you? or your son with that big dog.

Boys and dogs just go together.
Our sons learned how to walk by pulling up on the tail of our lab.

I love animals, but my sons have greatly enriched my life and I am so thankful to have them.

I can sympathize with Nancy and her itching rash. I hope it is not too long before Tommy returns that coin.

Have a wonderful weekend.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I agree all kids should have a dog.

We had a poodle when I was young so he did not shed but dad was always complaining about finding MY hair in his food!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Nice quote of the day Dr.John.
Very clever of you to switch the reasons around.
Kids - "don't have to be protected from chocolate,...." - great line among all of your great lines. :)

Hope you're having a good day.

9:08 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

clever use of words again! love your lists

fingers crossed for tommy and i hope he gets some cheering up after he has dealt with the leperchaun curse

9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Over the years I have loved my children but there were many times I wished I had chosen dogs instead, especially when the kids were teens. After all a dog is always glad to see you. They don't greet you as you get out of the car after a hard day of work by saying I need, I want, I gotta have. Dogs never want to borrow the car or money. But then kids grow up and surprise you with how good they are.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"just love kids and dogs so there."

I'm with you on that. I am made very uneasy by a society that values dogs above children. Whether in jest or in reality.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm currently house sitting and taking care of two dogs and I must admit, it's a chore but they are fun. I babysit my nieces and nephews and they can be a chore also. But what I have noticed is I don't need a pooper scooper with the kids. I really enjoy you using Quilly's words in your posts...

Aloha

10:17 AM  
Blogger aims said...

You forgot the one that kids don't smell when they get wet.

Waiting with great anticipation to see what happens to Tommy.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Burfica said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'll be back if you don't mind.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

Marvelous lists!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! Today I saved YOU for last!

6. Dogs don't get you up because they threw up in their bed... and on the floor... all the way to the bathroom ... at 2:30 in the morning.

7. Dogs don't get grape juice on the couch.

But I agree -- kids AND dogs is best!


YAY for Tommy UK! If he could handle that THING that showed up... I'm sure he can handle a measley little leprechaun!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I like both kids and dogs too. On the first part, I have a few comments. On number 2, I disagree with you. My son had to be called several times when food was ready before he finally joined the table to have the family meal. The dog always ran into the kitchen immediately when he did hear the noise of his bowl being put on the floor.

On number 10, I would prefer for the dog to play the Zither. Because then I could appear on ZV shows and get rich.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Oh my ! I just figured out to replace cat by dog, but that would be a catastrophe in both cases, lol !
BTW our son needed a fence around the garden, we had to put up one, when he escaped as a 2 1/2 year old toddler and wandered around in the neighborhood ! (while I was on the phone of course !) Fortunately that was 32 years ago !

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home