Monday, March 09, 2009

Monday and More of Me

Today's Link
Drowsy Monkey

Today's Saying
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James

Today's Picture
Betty's Mother in the middle

Swiped or borrowed this meme from Quilly.

1. What is your occupation right now? Professional Pain in the Neck

2. What color are your socks right now? Socks? Black– I’m writing this on Sunday

3. What are you listening to right now? The dog barking

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Roast beef sandwhich

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes, but I haven’t since I drove one in England.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My sister Dawn.

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Hey! I swiped this from Quilly. What’s not to like.
8. How old are you today? 69+

9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Football but only if the Packers play.
10. What is your favorite drink? Any old Diet Cola

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Are you kidding? I hardly even wash it.

12. Favorite food? Dead cow in all its many forms.

13. What is the last movie you watched? Dark Knight

14. Favorite day of the year? Easter

15. How do you vent anger? I don’t . I either handle it or let it build up inside. Bad. Bad. Bad.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Marx train. Couldn’t afford a Lionel

17. What is your favorite season? Spring — fresh green

18. Cherries or Blueberries? Raspberries if you please
19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? No, blog posting will do, and then only if they wish.

20. Who is the most likely to respond? Who knows what evil lives in the hearts of men?

21. Who is least likely to respond? Quilly– She just did it.

22. Living arrangements? My love and I share a two bedroom, two bath house in snow covered Neenah.

23. When was the last time you cried? Today over somebody’s sentimental blog post.
24. What is on the floor of your closet? Far too much stuff to list

25. What did you do last night? Worked on the computer.
26. What are you most afraid of? Somebody I love dying.

27. Favorite day of the week? Sunday

28. How many states have you lived in? Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin-3

29. Diamonds or pearls? Nah
30. What is your favorite flower? Roses, big or little red or whatever.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
On Saturday morning when he had planned on going to his Uncle’s in Iron Mountain Tommy UK put his newest idea into motion. He grabbed his rock with one hand and put his other hand on the rash then he willed himself to where the one was who gave him the rash. Then he found himself in a different clearing looking down at the little leprechaun and his pot of gold. He almost felt sorry for the little guy as he looked so terrified. Then Tommy spoke.” I want three things from you or I send your coins to the bottom of the ocean. First lift the curse you put on me. Second you need to promise that you will never curse anybody in Pigeon Falls again. And finally I want you to bless Pigeon Falls so that for one week only good things can happen there.
The leprechaun looked very sad and said” I will do the first two but the third is very very difficult”.
Tommy responded “ It’s all three or the pot goes to the bottom of the ocean and I might send you with it.”
Reluctantly the little man promised all three things. Then Tommy reminded him that if he failed Tommy had the power to find him wherever he hid.
Having finished his task Tommy grasped his rock with one hand and a half a saffron role in the other and willed himself back to the front of Nancy’s Coffee Shop. Going inside he told Nancy he thought it was going to be a very good week in Pigeon Falls.

Wrap UP
Tomorrow worlds largest group of Quivel including Very Quivel Haiku. It was a hard breathing day. I think because of the water in the air. The snow is back. I am depressed. Today Betty and I started the process of photographing , weighing, and packing the engines I'm going to sell on e-Bay. There are more to do tomorrow . I also visited every blog that left a comment in the last four days not counting today. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*******************************************************************

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for in insights into you, you Professional Pain in the Neck!

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it everytime I read this, regardless of where it is posted, no one ever picks the correct berry? hmmmmmmmmmm Three Cheers for Tommy UK. I always say if there's a will there's a way.

3:15 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I am glad Tommy got the better of that darned leprechaun.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

How much do they PAY you professionals anyway? I'm thinking of applying...

OH WOW!!! GOOD stuff happening in Pigeon Falls!?! The town won't know what to do! They won't know how to ACT! I'm sO excited!

Hey! I heard a rumor... April's gonna be in APRIL this year!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

So thoughts that occurred ... I love the "dead cow in all its many forms" line. It's a LOL if I ever saw one ... I must say that raspberries are my favorite too. They have to be the perfect fruit. All you have to do is rinse them, and they're perfect alone or in combination ... And "Who knows what evil lives in the hearts of men?" The Shadow knows. lol (I realize that there are several possible correct answers, but my dad used to say that with some frequency.) It was so great to learn more of you. :)

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even with a stolen meme you gave good answers. There are other berries than strawberries?

7:55 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Great answers and a great group of beautiful ladies.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Loved your answers today (dead cow and raspberries -- sounds delish) and Yay, another MEME to steal for my blog! When I get back, that is. I have eyestrain and am supposed to turn off my PC for a few days.

Drat! How's a woman supposed to get any work done?

~ psst ~ The shadow knows . . .
Hahahahahahahaha~

P.S. Also enjoyed hearing you refer to the lovely Betty as "my love". You should give online 'how to be a real man' classes!

12:44 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

a good week in pigeon falls? now that's something new.

loved the meme, too

1:35 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

My hippie mate is always calling meat dead something or other :)
I liked today's episode in Pigeon Falls. And, that saffron roll sure sounds good.

Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

I had to laugh at your being a professional pain in the neck. Too funny.

4:10 PM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

sorry to see that you had a bad breathing day. Maybe it is the same reason that I get an achy knees day.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

This will be the hundred time I will "swipe" something from you.

The dedicated post for you will appear tomorrow.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

We share a favorite day of the week. :)
Go, Packers!!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Thom - - Dr. John said...

Nice to know a little more about the man in the red tights.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Yep, some really good answers on that meme -loved the one about the dead cow and all its parts along with the raspberry answer too. My sentiments precisely there! Great handling of your pilfered meme!

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your take on this meme! I am sorry I wasn't here earlier, but we bought me a new computer that isn't internet ready! Now we need to get a wifi receiver for the dang thing. Otherwise, I have to put it up in the livingroom beside the TV and OC would just as soon watch his sports shows without me between him and the TV. Go figure.

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home