Pieces of Me
When our relatives are at home, we have to think of all their good points or it would be impossible to endure them. ~George Bernard Shaw
1. The super pill has had wonderful effects. Breathing is much more even and without pain and I’m needing less oxygen. I’m not sure it will continue when the dosage ends. I am also not sure it is doing what the Doctor wants which is to strengthen the chest and stomach muscles that do my breathing. But I am thankful for the respite in any case.
2. For those who asked I have no idea what the name of the pill is. I do know it is a steroid derivative with oodles of potential side effects. Remember my COPD is not your usual COPD but is caused by the failure of my diaphragms to do their job.
3. Last week I apparently ended up with stomach flue as well and had two days of being really sick. We now think it was some kind of stomach flue because it hit Betty next.
4. My son Pat and his boys came Saturday. Together Pat, Alex ( his oldest) and I built the Manger enclosure for the Christmas scene. Last year poor Joseph kept getting blown over. Three generations working together was really nice. I provided design and direction and they did the building. Too bad we didn’t take pictures.
5. Poor Betty spent Saturday running between bathroom and bed as the flue hit her hard. Thus nobody thought to take pictures.
6. If my strength holds we will be going to Peter’s for Thanksgiving. I’m looking forward to that.
This is the day of reckoning for poor Pigeon Falls. Today the old lady/witch comes to collect her two cows, her wagon, her two horses and $10,000. At this moment after all the money collected yesterday has been counted Mrs. Trumble has announced that they are have $8451.33. Not quiet $10,000.
But it is morning and they are hoping more will come in this afternoon.
If they don’t reach $10,000 they hope the old lady/gypsy will take whatever they do have and send them back to 2009. The general feeling is that she won’t.
But then there is Eugene. The problem is that nobody has even seen Eugene since the old lady/witch announced she would take him instead of the money. He has literally disappeared. A number of people wanted to beg him to save the town. There was even some fear some might try to force him to offer to go “ of his own free will”. But he hasn’t been available for begging or forcing, There just has been no Eugene.
As the time for her to arrive gets closer a little girl has brought in her piggy bank and two unnamed business people brought in money they were holding back in the hope that the total would be raised without them.
The total is now $9563.81. But it still isn’t $10,000.
So the governing group is sitting in he town hall waiting and they are depressed.