Saturday, August 08, 2009

A little help

The Pigeon Falls Lion's Club wishes to announce a story writing contest for anybody interested in writing short stories. The Story can be anywhere between one hundred and six hundred words. 'The title must be " I remember when ........"
The story should be obviously false but with a ring of possible truth. ( Figure that out)
There are no real prizes but your story will become part of the ongoing Pigeon Falls story.
More information is available HERE
For a long time after I started doing flash 55s I wondered how people put those links in their comments that said my 55 is here. All you had to do was click on the here and you were there . People who wanted to get from the comment to my blog had to go through blogger profile to get there. Not very convient. After much research I discovered the secret and I share it with you here.
You just need to copy this

And drop in the comment where you want the here to show up.

Of course you replace the http://fortresslinna.blogspot.com with the url of the blog or website you want them to go to.

Let’s say you wanted them to go to Portrait of Words
Then it would look like this
This will work on all blogger based blogs and many of the others as well.
Have fun.
Note- You have to set this up and copy it away from the blog.

************

The leg that Pennie sprained has now developed a blood clot. She spent much of yesterday at the hospital getting shots and directions. She is taking a boat load of medication. Life is never dull here. Tomorrow my grandsons come. Given all of this I may not be very active in blogging this coming week.

******************

Thom gave me this award. It has no conditions. But it is not exclusive.
I thank him for his kindness. Thom you shouldn't have.

9 Comments:

Blogger anthonynorth said...

I had problems with this until I asked one of my whizzkid, computer literate sons. It's so easy when you know how :-)

1:22 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

It took me a long time to figure that one out, but Thom has taught me. He needed endless patience with me, and he needed to explain more than once, but I got it now! LOL!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Thank you SO much for putting this on your blog. I have been trying to figure it out for the longest time!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Tis good advice Dr. John :) Aloha

4:38 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Prayers for Penney.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

As long as we live, there is never enough singing.

~Martin Luther Excellent, the man surely had a dream

Thanks for sharing the link code with us...appreciated.

Have a great Saturday

6:52 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Get Well wishes and prayers for Pennie. Enjoy your grandsons visit.

Take care.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Would ya look at that... My buddy Dr. John is now a Web Master too! Another TITLE to add to your collection!!! A little HTML can take one far in life!

Hope you're having fun with the boys! We had a blast at the beach!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

Congratulations on your award.

I'm still not sure what you are talking about?

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home