Wednesday, July 29, 2009

BEI for Insurance

Today's Link
Grace Needs Freedom

Today's Saying
Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel. ~Author Unknown

Today's Picture
Our Wounded hero and her concerned dog
Pigeon Falls is HERE

My daughter is back from New Orleans and she is worn out. The first day back she slept in my easy chair all afternoon. Well until they took her to the emergency room. It seems on Saturday she stepped in a hole on a New Orleans sidewalk and sprained her ankle. Of course, being Pennie she ignored it until she limped home. Then she was afraid it might be broken so the trip to the emergency room. It turned out to be a nasty sprain compounded by her walking on it. Now she is on crutches.
She does have great stories to tell some of which I will share with you and some pictures.

My granddaughter Bree is here and sleeping in the computer room. So I get to this blog later than usual and since we are doing things together I have less time to visit blogs and I feel bad about that. But it is great having her here.

The dog has gotten used to sleeping in the crate here at night instead of running free at Pennie’s . It has behaved so well and allowed us all to get some sleep.

I am amazed it how good my breathing has been for the last few weeks , way above normal. Early in the summer I had four really bad days and I thought the drop the Doctor says is going to come has begun and I will be stuck dragging that oxygen bottle all day long. At that time a number of you promised to pray for me and then came this miracle. One of Thom’s nice coincidences.

I am struck by the insurance adds some of them claim to be able to save me more than I am paying for my insurance. I wonder if they will give me some money to make up the difference.

I think there must be an insurance company out there called BEI ( Big Expensive Insurance) that all these companies compare themselves to when they tell you they can save you thus and so many dollars. My question is who buys BEI insurance oin the first place? That salesman deserves some kind of award.

Speaking of awards I received this award from the Baron.
Keeping with my new policy I accept with gratitude but won’t display it on
My sidebar because it’s not exclusive. ( fussy, fussy)
Besides I love that lamp. I wanted one for the living room but Betty said “ Never!”


If in these difficult times you are struggling with your finances you might check out the Family Man’s blog.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where to start. I'm sorry to here about Pennie. What a great gal she is to endure. I hope she gets better real quick. Great photo.

Congrats on the award. Well deserved.

Blogs can wait, Grand kids grow up to fast. Enjoy them while you can.

I'm glad you are breathing better. Miracle or Coincidence, I still vote for the later, I'm very happy for you. Keep up the good work.

Insurance companies are out to screw everybody over. But, because Positive Day is coming up, we pay and we endure and they help us out when we need it. What more can you ask :)

Aloha my friend :)

1:54 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I'm positive that Thom needs to work harder on being positive! ;) But he;'s right about that grandkid thing. Go enjoy your family. We'll still be here when you get back.

Dr. John, I think that if you brought that lamp home Betty should let you have it -- right upside the head! LOL!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Pennie needs to take care of herself! Tell her to rest and do what the doctor says...

Enjoy your time with Bree. Blogs can wait.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Hope Pennie is off those crutches very soon, they can be such a pain on their own! And your breathing, now that is a Miracle, my friend...I always give credit where credit is due and the Good Lord is always looking out for us don't you think? I'll continue to keep you and all my blogging friends in my prayers
Love the dog!...
Sandi

3:19 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I am like you. Sinc one year, I do not put awards in the side bar anymore. I like to receive them, I thank the sender and I might (as you do) include them in a post. I have just kept one award on my side bar. The first one I got. Because it pleases me with the compliment it gives me.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Thom-One man's miracle is another man's coincidence. You seem pretty positive about insurance companies.
Quilly- But I liked the lamp and was carrying it to the counter when she made me put it back.
Peter- For a time I had my sidebar cluttered with awards. Now it is all clean.
All of you- Pennie says thank you for your concern.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I wish I was there to play canasta with Pennie! Give her a HUG for me - yes, do it! I'm praying her ankle recoups quickly!

I'm glad your breathing has been so much BETTER!!! Thank you God! Miracles get my vote!

I'm with Betty... that lamp just BELONGS at the store!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

That's nice to have visitors, but your poor daughter's ankle, that's awful to have to walk with crutches.
Your health insurance system is so different from ours here, that I don't understand a lot honnestly. Here it's all regulated by the government. But you can have an extra insurance for hospitalisation. This costs a little extra per months.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad that Pennie had a good trip, sorry to hear that she sprained her ankle, Nice that your breathing is better and you don't need the tank, Prayers being sent for you and the family. Nice that you have your Grandchildren close and they are able to come and visit you and Betty. Nice that you got Maggie sleeping in the crate, a good nights sleep is important. Insurance companies are just as evil here above the 49th, congrats on the award, I remember the movie.

Blessings to you, Betty and the Family.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Poor Pennie is pooped. The doggy is cute.

i am so glad you are breathing better.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

What a trooper Pennie was to make it back home before having her ankle checked! Probably much too focused on keeping her charges safe and well fed. If something similar had happened to one of the kids, I'll bet she would have insisted that they have it checked right away. Now, Maggie can look after her momma. :) It's times like these when I miss having a puppy-dog.

I'm really happy to hear about the improvement in your breathing. Remember what a rough time you had earlier in the season when the weather first turned hot and humid.

And as far as which ins co's are BEIs, and why you haven't heard them designated as such is that they're ALL BEIs. I wonder why groups don't go after Big Insurance the way they go after Big Oil? Maybe, they're afraid that they're coverage will be dropped. (Oh, it looks like you got your wish with "Healthcare Reform". At the moment, it looks like the public plan is off the table. Of course, that is subject to change in the next 30 seconds. lol)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

To avoid any confusion the insurance being advertised on TV is Auto not health.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jientje said...

I hope your daughter's ankle gets better just like your breathing has! Don't worry about visiting blogs, family comes first!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Dr. John...I'm sorry about Pennie ...hope she's fine now...I'm with Thom on this one blogs can wait...better go spend time with Pennie and Brie and the rest of the family God Bless ya all

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home