Tuesday, July 21, 2009

House Cleaning Begins

Today's Link
Live and Learn

Today's Saying
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.
~Author Unknown


Today's Picture
Poor Dragon

Today the change in this blog begins.
Excitement is in the air.

Blood is on the mouse pad.
Betty and the newest dragon had a confrontation. She wanted to take his Pepsi Can. He wanted to keep the can and as you can see from the picture it cost him a wing. You just don’t bite the Betty. Betty is remorseful, after all it was only a can. She has offered to try the surgery to put the dragon back together. The dragon, however, is wary.

I have decided, at least for the moment on number 5 from yesterday’s list and the housekeeping has begun.
As the day move along you will see changes to the sidebar , my first objective.

If it isn’t there already there will be a poll so you can give me a little help moving the furniture of the rest of the blog.

I am designing a new fortress logo. Should be ready in a few days.

Am considering double entries on some days so I can do flash 55 and something else or Quilly’s Words and something else. In any case you get the idea.

Pigeon Falls may very well end up with a blog of its own. My blog as it is now has just too many things in it. I’ll talk to Eino and see what he thinks.

Am also contemplating reactive commenting. Thom seems to have so much fun doing that. Your questions might even get answered.

In the future I will accept all awards that I receive with the understanding that I ignore any and all conditions.
However the only awards to go to my sidebar will be those I earned by doing a task ( ie. 30 days of poetry) or awards designed exclusively for me. Awards already given to half the internet are nice but won’t be posted.

Enough for Today. I have to quit writing and go back to working on the logo.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Last night Tommy UK was just at the point in the dream where he would see his birth mother’s face when he suddenly woke up.So he began to wonder if he is afraid to see who it is.There is the possibility that He might not like his birth parents as they could be somebody like the Petrovichs. There really isn’t anybody in town that he really wants to be his birth mother. He feels so confused and just a bit frightened..
When he had the newspaper route he used to have cookies and cocoa with Mrs. Trumble and tell her all his troubles. Now she is so busy running the town that she has little time for him. But today he got up early and went down to the Town Hall to tell her his troubles just like the old days. He explained to her that Nancy, Eino, and Pastor Joan have all told him you can’t trust dreams. But Tammy says he will know when it is real. He also told her he is afraid his birth parents might be unlikable.
Mrs. Trumble listened , something she does well. Then she smiled and said “ I’m with Tammy . You will know and if they are at all like you they will be likable."”
As he left he heard her humming to herself.
Wrap UP
Another great breathing day. As you . I'm sure, have noticed I have changed the sidebar. I got rid of some things. We saw Pennie off to New Orleans with the Youth Group. Pray for her and the young people. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*********************************************************************

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOT...I'm so glad you decided on number 5. Great news my friend. And thanks for the shout out. I, like Quilly, believe that the comments make the blog. They are funner than the post if you ask me. But that's just my opinion. Thanks for deciding on that one. Made my day.

Way to go Mr.s Trubmle. I'm with you and Tammy :) Tommy will be fine I'm sure of it :)

Aloha

1:22 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John ~ I am glad that you decided on #5 as well. Mum always used to say "A Change is a Good as a Rest".

1:30 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ahhhhhh HA!
Oh, I'm soooooooooo excited!
... and all along I thought Tommy's birth parents couldn't be... well... never mind!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glad you decided on #5 - I don't think you would last long NOT blogging! Interactive comments would be fun... I don't have time for them on my blog... but I enjoy them on other's blogs! Your blog will be PERFECT as long as you let it be what it wants to be. Why does there have to be a rule about what KIND of blog it is?

3:39 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Looks like that dragon could use a little superglue.

I often think about changing things around in my blog, but never quite have the time.

4:03 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Thom- I'm just trying this . We'll see how it goes.
The Old Fart- Your the one that started me thinking about stopping.
Melli-You now have all the clues you need for Tommy's parent.
Secret Agent Woman-Fixing the Dragon is Betty's responsibility she broke it. Change is not so much time as determination.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

I love the quote, and I'm glad you decided to opt for change instead of the first four options. Looking forward to see the butterfly emerge.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I can empathize with Betty....I took a wing once, it was very good.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr John. I too am glad you chose option 5. As long as I have known you. you have counseled and taught and that is your gift. Keep up the good work, teach preach and entertain..

Ray P

6:42 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Reactions: New logos can be nice for your readers.

Yes, you have lots of stuff in your blog. There are pros and cons. You have to decide if having several blogs will be too confusing or time consuming.

All the sidebar stuff makes blogs slow for those of us still on dial-up internet. :-(

7:02 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Jientge- Might be a moth instead of a butterfly.Glad you liked the comment.
Lori's Minute- Betty doesn't plan on cooking it but repairing it.
Anonymous- I try
Blogger PS (PSanafter-thought)- Sorry about the sidebar slowing things down. I am streamlining it as much as I can.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

I adore Mrs. Trumble...of course I did when she babysat for Little Ricky when Lucy and Ricky had an engagement, lol...ah that name...I'll enjoy watching your renovations!
Sandi

7:32 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Well looks like you've made up your mind on a whole lotta things! LOL

8:33 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Sandi- I knew Mrs.Trumble was an actress before coming to Pigeon Falls but I didn't know she babysat for Lucy and Ricky.
Akelamalu- Just changing is fun but we'll see how long it lasts. Though, as I said in the Wrap UP yesterday it my have been more a case of summer cabin fever than blog burnout.

8:54 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Catching up Dr. John.

My goodness - housecleaning! and look what's happening in Pigeon Falls.

I'm too tired to think of a post myself - but am happy to sit and read others for a bit.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Boy, you've been busy. Like the dragon!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Change is in the air! I am looking forward to some excitement here. I like your stand on awards. I may adopt it.

I had forgotten that Mrs. Trumble seems to know where Tommy came from and about his special powers.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Aims- I rather be out on the river but if I fell out the oxygen tank would sink.
Jill- Dragon is waiting for his wing to be prepared and is not happy.
Quilly-Mrs. Trumble is a surprising lady.

12:16 PM  
Blogger hope said...

My sense of humor and I thank you. :)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

The gragon really looks mean. Did he eat Ella? We have not seen her for long.

4:55 PM  
Blogger aims said...

Oh! How did I miss the wrap up? She's off to New Orleans! Lucky gal! I sure hope she gets the enjoyment out of that incredible place that we did. I'll be thinking of her Dr. J.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I HAVE heard Pennie talk, and I PROMISE you she could not hold a stick to Vada!!! John, the woman honestly does not BREATH when she speaks! If she did, I would be able to interupt in that ONE BRIEF SECOND! I don't know how she does it!

Oh Peter Worldman is reminding me I MUST do something with ELLA! OY!

Glad you had another good breathing day! I just LOVE it when you breath!

6:51 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Of course I LOVE the saying of the day :) Its about ME.

Ive gone through so much change in the last mth and its all good.

Breathe easy Dr John..
My son and I have swine flu!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Good idea to cut your blog into pieces. I had to do that too, my cats apart and the photos. I fully agree with you concerning awards. I have got 12 now and haven't had time to thank. Yes I am ungrateful.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Glad that you had a good day, and many prayers accompany Pennie and the Youth. :) Please, keep "Deb's mom" in your prayers who is hospitalized in extreme pain with 3 fractured vertebrae.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Hope- Glad I made your sense of humor happy
Peter- Ella belongs to Melli but she saw your comment.
Aims- I hope her New Orleans time goes well. The last time she was there she ended up with the flue.
Melli- Vadaff has to be good to out talk Pennie. I like breathing too.
Butterflies- I'm praying for you and your son. Swine flue is not good.
Gattina- Thanks for the good word
Cherie- I will pray for Deb's mom and thank you for your prayers.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Today's Saying
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.
~Author Unknown

a change is certainly as good as a rest...!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home