Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Portrait of Words

Today's Link
Sniplings

Today's Saying
We are never prepared for what we expect.
~James A. Michener


Today's Picture
Visitors from Africa
A Picture Story from Portrait of Words




My Story by
Colonel Montana

If ya like dat crek spellin don’t red on as dis is a hillbilly story writen by me Colonel Montana. Ma daddy called me Montana cuz he said I looked lumpy like da state. My friens added the Colonel cuz I can shoot real good.
This here is the mansion that Selma, Orky and I live in. Best place in the Holla.

And dis here is Selma , best hyntin dog you ever seen, just ask my wife Orky.

Orkys da Holla mud wrestlin champ three years now. I’m so prooud.

Don’t have dem kids yet but we got Louise.
She stays in da house wit us just like a kid.

In our special world Eagles fly over.

My brudder Illinois shot one, dang fool. Now he’s in the county jail. Dem birds protected better an us people.
Shriff don’t look ta other way when you shoot dem like he does when you shoot dat deer.
Course if he arrested deer shooters we'd all be in jail or starving.
I hope you enjoyed the tour but I and Selma gotta go and bust my brother outa jail. It’s dark enough now.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
One by one the creatures that were left when the trench closed are popping. Tommy UK says that the man in black figured that at the most ten per cent would make the adjustment and survive. The question is which ones.
Grandma Moose was visited again yesterday by three bouncing heads. All of them stuck their tongues out and spat on her driveway. She is no longer frightened by them and is beginning to think they are kind of cute.
Sunday afternoon the Jorgonson family was having a picnic at the Lake of the Loons State Park when this giant spider came toward them.. Ollie Jorgonson was prepared to defend his family with a barbecue fork when the creature just exploded. There was nothing left but a puddle of water. Ollie sys the creature was so afraid of him that he scared it to death.
With this behind them Pigeon Falls is gearing up for Pigeon Falls Days.
Wrap UP
It was an interesting day. Betty went to Bible Study. My sister called. Betty and I wrote a story together which we will post tomorrow. I visited the blogs of all those thsat left comments yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO...excellent Dr. John. Colonel Montana is a hoot and having to get his brudder outta jail I hope he doesn't end up in there. Who knew you had hillbilly in ya.

Oh so we are in for Pigeon Fall Days...can't wait. Three bouncing heads and a creature just exploding. Very Interesting.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Delightful! Thank you.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Rinkly Rimes said...

I visited Sniplings from your blog. I like the work but I don't understand it.

I enjoyed your quote. I always feel that if I worry about something it wont happen! Which means I worry like mad!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Love it, Dr. John!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

LOL Oh my Dr. John you come up with some crackin' stories! Thanks for entering my competition. :)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

I Love it Dr. J! I am still laughing.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Cousin Lulu said...

Colonel Montana -- I hope you are comfortable in your jail cell. Your wife is now wrestling in prison. Your brother, out on parole and working off his 75 hours of community service, butchered Louise and we had a pit barbecue. We're really sorry about the house fire. Too bad you didn't have insurance. See you in two years.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Now I wonder what creatures were left behind in the woods surrounding Pigeon Falls?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh dat Orky! Lordy, but ain't she da durn best wrestlin' wooman pert near in da whole dang country, I bet! Der is zat one gal over der in Josepheene County ... but I heerd she's on dem steeroids! Dang fool woman! Next she'll have hair on her chest! Serve'r rite!

Oh Goody! Pigeon Falls Days! Does it happen at this time EVERY year? I'm thinking I just might know why I never enter that Liars contest!

It is now 7:24 pm... and yours is the FIRST blog I've visited today! Congratulations! ;)

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

This could be a very interesting year for Pigeon Falls Days.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men made plans, implementation is in the hands of God.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good ol' Grandma Moose...

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home