Friday, July 10, 2009

Flash 55- Flying Saucers

Today's Link
My Kids are My World

Today's Saying
You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was. ~Irish Proverb

Today's Picture

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.Here is today's story.

I didn't believe it when my brother told me.
It couldn't be true.


It was his over active imagination.
I was sure of that.
But he was so sincere.

Then I saw the flying saucer.
With my very own eyes I saw it.

That's when I knew he was right.Don't get

our ma mad.

_________________________________________________


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the thirteenth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood
The entire story to date is HERE
The most recent chapters are HERE.

Good King Underwear had a problem. His square table was becoming lower and lower as the termites attacked the leg.
Soon his knights would be eating on the floor.
Even worse the wooden leg of his first chair Knight was under attack,
All of this made Sir Laughsalot laugh even harder.
Was there no hope?

News From Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal

For some reason that I can neither understand nor explain today's Pigeon Falls after the above introduction ends up as a flash 55. Must be some kind of learned response.

In the very blackest part of the night the two figures dressed in black stood at the edge of the trench.
Suddenly a strange opening appeared at the other end and two streams of light, blending into one, came from those in black.
It struck the opening and there was a loud ear splitting noise.


Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.
Wrap UP
I'm a bit better today . I visited some flash 55 people and all of those who left comments yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***********************************************

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter how much life's knowledge we acquire but we will always be little in comparison with elders.
I salute !

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your flash 55's never cease to amaze me, Dr. John!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

All three are excellent as always but the first one made me guffaw.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhhh LOOK at those 3 handsome boys at Cedar Point! I want to go there sO bad! I meant to tell you I really LOVED yesterday's picture of them too! What a GREAT shot that was!

Thumbs up to todays saying of the day too! I like that!

Your first 55 is wOnderful! I used to be a mom like that! (well, actually I was a daughter like that -- not so much a mom)

GOOOOO TOMMY! GO MIB! This is sO exciting! I wonder if Tommy will introduce us all to him when this battle is over... Or if he will just disappear into the sunset...???

Hope you have a MUCH better breathing day today!

7:19 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

All nicely done, as always.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

That's right! Mothers are all powerful.

I want stocks for my kids!

I think Pigeon Falls ended up 55 because it was too tempting a place to stop.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent as usual Dr. John. I love the fact that the first chair is also under attack LOL

Hmmm so now those poor people have to deal with a noise problem. It never ends.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Cedar Point-that was a yearly ritual, the first week end after school let out. I also have pictures of the kids with their heads stuck in those boards!

This clever 55 is my favorite so far.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh great stuff Dr. John!

Mmmmm - the photo - that's a novel way of disciplining the kids! (wink)

11:23 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

"Don't make ma mad!" Every kid needs to learn that early!

If Sir Laughsalot had wooden teeth, and the termites attacked them, would he still laugh?

Two MIBs and two power rings. Beware other dimensional invaders!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

My Mum would always say "Wait till your Father gets Home". It took a lot to get my Ma Mad. Wonderful Flash 55

Stop by the blog, I posted another video I think you get a chuckle out of.

12:19 PM  
Blogger g-man said...

Well Doc, it is a mad mad mad mad world out there..
Just make sure you are far from the madding crowd.
Excellent fa fa fifty five!!
Thanks for playing, and have a Great week-End....G

1:20 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

do you really believe in flying saucers?????? LOL
all are very entertaining!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo and 55! Did he get whupped?

4:31 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Lol! Yes getting Ma mad has its consequences! :D

Love the 55ve!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home