Friday, July 03, 2009

Friday 55- Hot Summer

Today's Link
It's Just Me....Again

Today's Saying
Failure doesn't mean you are a failure... it just means you haven't succeeded yet. ~Robert Schuller

Today's Picture

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.Here is today's story.

The Hot Summer


It was a hot dry summer and we were very busy.

We watered the trees and they did well.
We had apples but in getting them picked and ready for market
we ignored the plumb trees.

When we finally got to them the fruit had dried on the tree.
So now we need to prune.




_________________________________________________


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the twelfth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood
The entire story to date is HERE
The most recent chapters are HERE.

Good King Underwear ordered the Knight in Shining Armor to kill Robberhood.
The next day the Knight returned from his quest with the bloodstained clothing of Robberhood and his bow and arrows.
The King made him first chair of the square table.
Sir Laughsalot laughed harder and said to his paige " I know a secret"


News From Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal

For some reason that I can neither understand nor explain today's Pigeon Falls after the above introduction ends up as a flash 55. Must be some kind of learned response.

The cage was finally in place.
Eino watched the videos of Thursday night and saw that the cage was working.
Every creature that came through ran into the bars turned around and went back through the invisible door.
It would seem they wouldn't need Petrovich's stupid driblet after all.
The cage would protect their world.


Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.
Wrap UP
What a wonderful day. My oxygen was up. I visited every 55 story I could find. Then I went grocery shopping. We got T-bones and Porterhouse steaks to grill tomorrow along with a few non essentials. Then I took my grandsons to the fireworkd place. Pennie drove Ilet each boy get $10 worth of stuff. I vetoed rockets and the exploding balls you fire from a tube. They had a grand time. Then we went to Wall Mart and I picked up a few things. It was an awesome day. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
************************************************************

22 Comments:

Blogger anthonynorth said...

Enjoyed the 55. I'm glad I made a date with you today :-)

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great 55. Prunes...I love 'em. I posted my 55 tonight. Trying it for the first time.

So the cage is working huh...the next thing is to work on that invisible door.

1:50 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

"Now we've gotta prune." LOL! You are my "word hero" Dr. John.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Ah, and I do love prunes! Almost as much as I love the plums, lol!
Robberhood? I don't think he's really gone, do you?
Sandi

3:47 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Love that 55! Great looking tomato plant.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I so love the work you do with a play on words each week. You're amazing.

Mine's posted.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Apparently while we were in Italy Belgium had a hot summer time, high in the 90th, far too much, we are not equipped for that. Now I am melting and the cats too. We are back since yesterday afternoon.

6:15 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Prunes eh?

Word play seems to be a 'regular' feature with you Doc.

No creative constipation with you brother...hehehehe

Thanks for playing, thanks for visiting, and have a GREAT Holiday...G

6:32 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

You are a stitch, Mr. Preacherman.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFL! Gotta prune! You're a stitch! I did NOT play 55 today! It took me forever to get my field trip posted!

I bet I know Sir Laughsalot's secret!

... waiting ... waiting ... waiting for the OTHER shoe to drop in Pigeon Falls!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh! And I LOVE Robert Schuller! He gives a great sermon!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh very clever play on words on the 55 Dr. John - you are becoming a master at this. :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Prunes, talk about the Power of Suggestion.

12:51 PM  
Blogger hope said...

I needed that laugh!

Now what I need is the first few chapters of your Knightly Saga...the first link gives me an error message, although the 2nd one did give me several "chapters".

I love word play....I'll definitely be back!

Have a great weekend!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

CLEVER TAKE ON THE PRUNES :-) LOVE THE TOMATO PLANT! WOW

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Heart of a Ready Writer said...

What a refreshing and fun blog.

Thanks for visiting HEART OF A READY WRITER.

Blessings,
Linda

2:24 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

The tomatoes are lookin good! Luv'd the 55, almost as much as I luv a good prune! What ever happened to 'prune perrogies'?? *I don't know if that is spelled right, and I'm too tired to check!

You and Betty have a fantastic 4th of July, and with those Porterhouse steaks, U can't go wrong.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

LOL! Need to prune! :)

BTW, my mother says she likes the castle in your banner. Apparently she clicked to your blog, checking you out. Or... maybe checking up on me. ;D

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny!!! And it also made me crave some fruit!

8:33 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Your topsy turvey looks much better than mine. Mine failed BIG time!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I am so glad you had such a great day. I love your Robberhood stories.

5:22 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

As an unabashed lover of puns, I loved the prunes, even though, I admit, I let out a punderful groan.

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home