Friday, June 26, 2009

Flash 55

Today's Link
Shrink Wrapped Scream

Today's Saying
Drinking makes such fools of people, and people are such fools to begin with, that it's compounding a felony.
~Robert Benchley


Today's Picture
Father's Day

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.Here is today's story.

Smart Finns

Toivo had trouble sleeping.
He called Eino to ask for help.

Eino said take and put ten AA alkaline batteries in your pillow.

So Toivo did but still stayed awake.
So he threw the pillow on the couch.

At noon he laid down and fell asleep.
And that's how the Finns invented




the power nap.


_________________________________________________


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the eleventh chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood


The Knight in Shining Armor rode into the King's Court and asked to become a part of the Square Table.
Good King Underwear was overjoyed as he was short four Knights. He made the Knight in Shining Armor number three chair ahead of Sir Laughsalot. Sir Laughsalot looked at the new Knight and just laughed.



*************************************************************
This is a blatant advertisement, spam if you will, pretending to be a flash 55.
If you like to write then Portrait of Words invites you to write with us.
Every Wednesday four to six pictures.
You write a wonderful story based on them.
Or a poem based on the pictures.
Give it a good try.

News From Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal

For some reason that I can neither understand nor explain today's Pigeon Falls after the above introduction ends up as a flash 55. Must be some kind of learned response.

Eino saw on last night's video :
The man with arms in his head leading the evil looking spider back through the trench to the world it came from.
Then another one of those massive, hairy, elephant like creatures came out and charged into the woods. This was followed by a rather small two headed bird.

Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.

Wrap UP
Got up early this morning when it was cool and went with Pennie and Betty grocery shopping. When the temperature goes up over 85 I don't leave the house. I tried to visit all the flash 55 people but some may have come in after I quit checking. I visited everyone who left a comment yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
******************************************************************

29 Comments:

Blogger anthonynorth said...

Another enjoyable bunch of 55s. You do these well.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

The Power Nap, that was good.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Ha,ha..this made me feel silly to start the day. Not a bad thing on a Friday morning.

Have a good week end, I'll be back for my mini sermon!

3:09 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Doc, Doc, Doc....You love da word play don't you? hehehe

Excellent 55 my friend.

Thanks for visiting, thanks for playing, and thanks for always helping me out by visiting others as well.

Have a Great Week-End...Galen

4:33 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

You are so darned clever!!! Just what this patient needs each Friday Dr. J! A power nap.

Also, love the Father's Day photo you shared.


My 55 is posted. Calculus confusion anyone? Come join me if you can find time from your busy day. Happy Weekend!!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You are so creative with your 55's!
And Happy Belated Fathers Day!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Yah! Dem Finns! Dey is smart!

The great thing about Sir Laughsalot is that he takes all of life with a grain of salt! No worries!

Clever advertising!

I'm beginning to think there is a circus FREAK show living in that tunnel... or whatever it is!

5:20 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Power nap,,,I wish. But the sleep-help suggestion is about as useful as anything else I've ever read.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

your 55 is so enlightening, so all i needed was batteries, heee heee heee. and your saying today, magnificent!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Susan at Stony River said...

Good King Underwear and a 'power' nap ROFL. I always love your posts!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

G - R - O - A - N... :-)

You do Flash 55 very well. You're a very imaginative writer.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Your first two were so funny.

Recent PF events are reminding me of the book I am currently reading called Dissolution by Richard lee Byers. The ruling deity is a spider.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Gee, I better check my pillow for batteries because I have been power napping every afternoon!

9:42 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Great 55 Dr. John.

I tell you - I'm not going into the woods. No way!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Wait. What? said...

I think I need to put the power nap into practice - but in the sunshine - on the beach with my toes in the sand! hehe

have a great weekend!

12:48 PM  
Blogger KB said...

LMAO at the power nap - very clever.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Oh I could not tell where you were going... but love that it ended in a power nap! Great Flash 55, you do not disappoint.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Power Nap - I did not see that coming!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

LOL! Power Nap! Does it add more quality to the invention if we take it after power walk? :D

5:20 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

The power nap...great ending... Love the father's day picture... I've been to Oslo and have very fond memories of the place.
Cheers Dr. John and keep well Buddy...for you are a buddy.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I was fully attracked by your photo. You are concentrating on your Father'Day gifts. You must have received many.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Another superbly clever 55 Dr. John! You have by far overtaken me. :)

4:44 AM  
Blogger Susan English Mason said...

How fun.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

So thats how the power nap was invented lol. I hope you had a great weekend. My 55 is up.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

hahaha power nap. love the 55s as usual. hope everything is well on your end. i've sorta been mia from 55s. took a short blogging break. i did put one up on fri tho :)

11:16 PM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

curry 5
off white clothing
birkin bag
yeezy boost 350 v2
moncler jackets
yeezy 700
ralph lauren uk
balenciaga shoes
tory burch outlet
jordan 11 retro

7:41 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

kobe shoes
supreme clothing
hermes handbags
moncler outlet
westbrook shoes
moncler coat
fila shoes
coach outlet online
nike air force
goyard

9:23 PM  
Anonymous expert fiscal said...

I’ve been in similar situations before. It is not as easy an answer as you thought it is, its something that you’ll have to write out for yourself over time. expert fiscal

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

supreme clothing
air jordan
golden goose francy
yeezy
yeezy 380
a bathing ape
off white outlet
jordan shoes
goyard
off white

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home