Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday 55

Today's Link
Citizen of the Month

Today's Saying
The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today's Picture
Betty at Church Barbecue

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.Here is today's story.

Last week I went to Church with my friend Paul .
The preacher shook the pulpit and poured out fire and brimstone.
Now I know for sure that I’m going to
go to hell and it scares me.
I wish it was not so. But I checked and my shoe has a very dirty


sole.
_________________________________________________


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the tenth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood

Robberhood and his men had piles and piles of stolen gold and silver. They had no place to spend it. Trees do not take gold or silver and there were no shops in the woods.
So Robberhood had a suit of armor made of silver and thus became the first great knight in shining armor.


News From Pigeon Falls

The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal

For some reason that I can neither understand nor explain today's Pigeon Falls after the above introduction ends up as a flash 55. Must be some kind of learned response.

Tommy UK went out to the Lake of the Loons to sit and think. He was very sure that he had heard the voice in the darkness before but he could not remember where. As he sat and watched the whale surface it suddenly came to him. It was the very helpful guide in Canada.


Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.

Wrap UP
A really rough breathing day. We think because the humidity was so high and it was hot. In any case I hauled the oxygen tank all day. I got Saturday's post ready and hope it auto posts because my grandsons will be sleeping in the computer room in the morning. I visited a lot of flash 55s and enjoyed them all. There were stories,poetry, and every day experiences. I try to visit them all but there is no linksy and I'm sure I miss some. I visted all the blogs that left a comment yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*********************************************************

29 Comments:

Blogger anthonynorth said...

Something is certainly afoot in that 55. Enjoyed it though :-)

1:36 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

It's okay if your shoes go to hell. You won't need them in heaven.

So, the tour guide was more than he seemed? Interesting.

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, but I figure all us Usually Barefoot In The Summer people are in real trouble. ~Mary

3:55 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Dr. John!!! Your 55 is super. I too have a dirty sole [I stepped in Bubblegum the other day]....so, we'll meet again someday.

Now really...take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning. We'll figure out a way to cleanse the SOLE before Sunday's sermon!! [kidding of course]

4:36 AM  
Blogger Susan at Stony River said...

Oh poor shoe! It had better start praying! LOL

I liked both 55's and would much enjoy hanging out with anyone called Sir Laughsalot!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

I think if you at the gates of hell, it will be to help the likes of me "turn around."

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 9yo has a dirty sole. He tracked dirt all over the kitchen this morning before getting on the school bus.
Last day of school today! :)

5:37 AM  
Blogger Tall Kay said...

I'm thinking about forgivness, and all I have to do is take off my dirty shoes. Thought provoking 55! Thanks for your comments and nice to meet you! TK

6:03 AM  
Blogger clean and crazy said...

soup and water will clean those soles!! i love this 55, very thought provoking even though light at heart. thanks for your comments on my 55 as well.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Wait. What? said...

I am with Lou on this - you would be the one guiding everyone else elsewhere!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

i'm glad you decided to try another 55. and not to worry, god doesn't worry about dirty soles...

6:53 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I did not break my promise today. It almost killed me... but I kept it!

I always wondered where the idea for a suit of shining silver came from!

But of course! The Canadian guide! Now, why didn't I think of that??? And still we get no closer to an answer...

Throw those SHOES away!!!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

I really enjoyed the cute sole story! very clever!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Sole check!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

All of your 55's are excellent. At first, i read the Robberhood one to read that his merry men had piles. I had to read again.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great 55's. I think I might start playing that and giving up a couple of my friday ones :) Wonderful Sole story :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

I always look forward to your post. Always excellently done. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. My 55 is up.

10:10 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Oh oh! Is one of my fellow countrymen in trouble here? Is he up to something?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Well I wouldn't want to be in your shoes! LOL

10:50 AM  
Blogger g-man said...

Soles can be saved...I HOPE!!

Thanks for helping out today Doc.

G-Man is Much Obliged...:-)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Great Story! Hope you are doing well!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

LOL! Shame on your dirty sole. :)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dirty Sole ~ Didn't see this one coming. Hope your day today is better.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have clay on my sole from the yard!

Good thing it can be washed clean again.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

all we have are dirty soles in my house :S

4:00 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Love this 55 story...what a soul story

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe cute 55. Your shoes show where you've already been, but I suppose one could go there and back again. LOL

12:45 AM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

tory burch sale
jordan retro 12
uggs on sale
fitflop clearance
uggs outlet
warriors jerseys
moncler pas cher
heat jerseys
ray ban wayfarer
louis vuitton outlet stores
2016.12.8xukaimin

3:55 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

hermes belts for men
adidas stan smith sneakers
gucci belt
golden goose
fila
air jordan 13
retro jordans
golden goose
converse outlet
air max 270

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home