Monday, July 07, 2008

Another meme

Saying for the day:If we had no faults of our own, we would not take so much pleasure in noticing those of others. ~Francois duc de la Rochefoucauld

Another meme and more about me.

1. Any nickname? Chop chop ( a long time ago and far away)

2. Mother’s name? Edith

3. Favorite drink? Diet Coke

4. Tattoos? Almost but no

5. Body Piercings? None-used to have a hole in my throat but that was for the ventilator

6. Do you love your job? I’m retired – I loved the job more

7. Birthplace? Ishpeming

8 Favorite vacation spot? Any place with a train show

9.Ever been to Africa ? No

10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Yes

11. Ever been on TV? Yes

12. Ever steal any traffic sign? Never

13. Ever been in a car accident? Yes

14. 2-door or 4-door vehicle? currently 4 doors

15. Favorite salad dressing? Hate them all equally

16. Favorite Pie? Blueberry

17. Favorite number? 7

18. Favorite movie? The Wizard of Oz

9. Favorite holiday? Easter

20. Favorite dessert? Chocolate cake

21. Favorite food? T-bone steak

22. Favorite day of the week? Sunday

23. Favorite brand of body wash? Never touch the stuff

24. Favorite toothpaste? No teeth

25. Favorite smell? Saffron bread baking

26. What do you do to relax?? Blog

27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Still alive

28. Furthest place you will send this message? in cyberspace everyone is the same distance away

29. Who will respond to this the fastest? Javanagogh

Now you know a little more about me. For those of you developing a profile of great cereal eaters this should help.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal . Tommy UK grabbed the whale’s tail fin as the whale descended into the Lake of the Loons but the whale didn’t seem to notice. As they went down it got darker and darker but then suddenly there was a light and the sound of many whales singing. Tommy UK wondered if this was the end. Then suddenly the whale was going up and taking Tommy UK with him. Up, up it went. Then it broke the surface of the water and flipped its tale. Tommy UK found himself flying through the air only to fall back into the lake. But he was alive. That’s when he realized this wasn’t the Lake of the Loons and it was getting dark.
So he swam for shore which seemed to be a long way away. That’s when he saw the tourist boat. He pulled off his scuba mask and shouted. The boat stopped and he swam up to it. The tour guide reached down and pulled him aboard.
“Are you Tommy the Undertaker’s Kid?” he asked.
Tommy said he was.
“ Then I’m supposed to give this to you” the guide said handing him a suitcase.” In the suitcase you will find a change of clothes, a passport, and a train ticket to Pigeon Falls. There will be a taxi waiting when we dock to take you to the train station.”
Tommy UK was confused and asked “ Where did it come from?”
The guide answered, “ A man in black gave me the suitcase and the instructions and paid me to give it to you”
“ Who is he ?” Tommy UK asked.
“Never saw him before” said the guide.” But he did say if you miss the train you’ll have to go back the way you came.”
Now Tommy’s oxygen tank was almost empty. He knew he didn’t have enough to go back with. So when they got to the dock he changed into the fresh clothes which fit perfectly. Then he took the passport and tickets and got in the taxi.
He told the drivrer he didn’t have any money to pay the fare. The driver said some guy dressed in black had already paid it with a generous tip.
He got to the station just before the train pulled out. Tommy UK was going home.

Today's Link-The CBE Scroll-Grandma's Sermon
A good day. In the morning we cleaned the kitchen as it was still a bit messed up from the fourth. In the afternoon we found the trellis for the new plant. My sister Dawn called to ask Betty how the reunion went. Then we went back to cleaning the bedroom which was more like sorting. Now anything we didn't intend to use in the next year had to go. The room look much better now and we are almost done. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

  • 18 Comments:

    Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

    We keep learning more and more about you Dr John. I like Blueberry Pie as well.

    A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

    5:05 AM  
    Blogger Janets Planet said...

    If I didnt live a time zone to the east of you, I wouldnt always be the first one to respond.

    So are you telling me the whale flipped Tommy UK into Lake Kootenay? Let me guess, the whale will now be known as Flipper.

    5:21 AM  
    Blogger Melli said...

    WOW! What an adventure! Sooooo, I'm still not sure about the MIB, but it sounds like Tommy must have ended up in Canada -- unless he ended up in Iceland or something... because he needs a passport to come home... I'm sure he'll tell us allllll about it as soon as he figures it all out! This is sO exciting!

    Dr. J - I've finally figured out what our "connection" is... it's the whole lack of TEETH thing! What ya learn from a meme... it's amazing!

    5:24 AM  
    Blogger Dragonstar said...

    Tommy's having a whale of a time!

    8:12 AM  
    Blogger jmb said...

    If Mimi Lennox is queen of the memes you must surely be the King, Dr John.

    Do you love your job? Retired, loved the job more. What a wonderful statement. What a blessing for you and anyone who spends their working hours doing what they love best.

    8:27 AM  
    Blogger QUASAR9 said...

    27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Still alive

    Pretty Cool Answer

    28. Furthest place you will send this message? in cyberspace everyone is the same distance away

    lol

    29. Who will respond to this the fastest? Javanagogh

    Beaten to the punch by The Old Fart

    9:41 AM  
    Blogger QUASAR9 said...

    "If we had no faults of our own, we would not take so much pleasure in noticing those of others." ~Francois duc de la Rochefoucauld

    lol
    And some people are good at noticing their own faults on others
    Ooops that includes I

    9:42 AM  
    Blogger Family Man said...

    Dr. John. Just caught up on all of your posts. I do like the one about sin. George Washington said "It's amazing what man can do if they are always doing.". I also beive that anyone can feel for someone who is down, but true hmanity is when you stop to help them up. I hope Tommy didn't end up too far!

    10:15 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay! Tommy is alive and well -- and oh my gosh you shed a bit of light on the mystery and it's even more confusing. Just who is the MIB? Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones -- or perhaps Johnny Cash?

    Oh, and speaking of mysteries, Dr. John, you might want to stop by my place. It's Monday and I have put up my latest Punny Photo. Go try to guess who the photo represents. So far, no one has gotten it.

    10:22 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Saffron bread? I'm intrigued.

    10:41 AM  
    Blogger Stacy said...

    The pictures of the pond, mill and restaurant are gorgeous. I never realized your railroad was so extensive.

    12:53 PM  
    Blogger Lori's Minute said...

    I thought lemon merigue was your favorite pie.

    2:11 PM  
    Blogger B.R.L said...

    why were you on t.v and when.

    I also thought lemon merigue was your favorite pie.

    My favorite number is 14 two times
    yours.

    TCOB

    3:00 PM  
    Blogger bettygram said...

    I thought your favorite pie was rasberry.

    9:05 PM  
    Blogger MaR said...

    Chocolate cake and diet coke. Two of my very faves too :)
    I love my job too, as I am "self employed" since 1993. It started out as a sabbatical and then it just got extended... The one who pays my taxi fare doesn't wear black, though...

    12:25 AM  
    Blogger Alastair said...

    Fantastic railroad layout Dr John!

    Thanks for various encouraging comments on my blog, and I've pinched the meme (again) so thank you for that too...

    4:11 AM  
    Blogger Melli said...

    Hey! Looks like there's GOLD in them thar hills!

    7:26 AM  
    Blogger tsduff said...

    I had to laugh about the toothpaste answer. You are remarkable and although I've been scant with my comments of late, I do love to come around here for a good read. I still especially enjoy Pigeon Falls tremendously.

    Say, how do you make those great photo shows?

    3:29 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home