Saying for the day:If we had no faults of our own, we would not take so much pleasure in noticing those of others. ~Francois duc de la Rochefoucauld
Another meme and more about me.
1. Any nickname? Chop chop ( a long time ago and far away)
2. Mother’s name? Edith
3. Favorite drink? Diet Coke
4. Tattoos? Almost but no
5. Body Piercings? None-used to have a hole in my throat but that was for the ventilator
6. Do you love your job? I’m retired – I loved the job more
7. Birthplace? Ishpeming
8 Favorite vacation spot? Any place with a train show
9.Ever been to Africa ? No
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Yes
11. Ever been on TV? Yes
12. Ever steal any traffic sign? Never
13. Ever been in a car accident? Yes
14. 2-door or 4-door vehicle? currently 4 doors
15. Favorite salad dressing? Hate them all equally
16. Favorite Pie? Blueberry
17. Favorite number? 7
18. Favorite movie? The Wizard of Oz
9. Favorite holiday? Easter
20. Favorite dessert? Chocolate cake
21. Favorite food? T-bone steak
22. Favorite day of the week? Sunday
23. Favorite brand of body wash? Never touch the stuff
24. Favorite toothpaste? No teeth
25. Favorite smell? Saffron bread baking
26. What do you do to relax?? Blog
27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Still alive
28. Furthest place you will send this message? in cyberspace everyone is the same distance away
29. Who will respond to this the fastest? Javanagogh
Now you know a little more about me. For those of you developing a profile of great cereal eaters this should help.
#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal . Tommy UK grabbed the whale’s tail fin as the whale descended into the Lake of the Loons but the whale didn’t seem to notice. As they went down it got darker and darker but then suddenly there was a light and the sound of many whales singing. Tommy UK wondered if this was the end. Then suddenly the whale was going up and taking Tommy UK with him. Up, up it went. Then it broke the surface of the water and flipped its tale. Tommy UK found himself flying through the air only to fall back into the lake. But he was alive. That’s when he realized this wasn’t the Lake of the Loons and it was getting dark.
So he swam for shore which seemed to be a long way away. That’s when he saw the tourist boat. He pulled off his scuba mask and shouted. The boat stopped and he swam up to it. The tour guide reached down and pulled him aboard.
“Are you Tommy the Undertaker’s Kid?” he asked.
Tommy said he was.
“ Then I’m supposed to give this to you” the guide said handing him a suitcase.” In the suitcase you will find a change of clothes, a passport, and a train ticket to Pigeon Falls. There will be a taxi waiting when we dock to take you to the train station.”
Tommy UK was confused and asked “ Where did it come from?”
The guide answered, “ A man in black gave me the suitcase and the instructions and paid me to give it to you”
“ Who is he ?” Tommy UK asked.
“Never saw him before” said the guide.” But he did say if you miss the train you’ll have to go back the way you came.”
Now Tommy’s oxygen tank was almost empty. He knew he didn’t have enough to go back with. So when they got to the dock he changed into the fresh clothes which fit perfectly. Then he took the passport and tickets and got in the taxi.
He told the drivrer he didn’t have any money to pay the fare. The driver said some guy dressed in black had already paid it with a generous tip.
He got to the station just before the train pulled out. Tommy UK was going home.
Today's Link-The CBE Scroll-Grandma's Sermon
A good day. In the morning we cleaned the kitchen as it was still a bit messed up from the fourth. In the afternoon we found the trellis for the new plant. My sister Dawn called to ask Betty how the reunion went. Then we went back to cleaning the bedroom which was more like sorting. Now anything we didn't intend to use in the next year had to go. The room look much better now and we are almost done. Now I need a breathing treatment.