Friday, June 12, 2009

Flash 55-Civil War

Today's Link
Captive Thoughts

Today's Saying
The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living.
~Omar Bradley


Today's Picture
United's Clowns-From the archives

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.

I thought for my fifty five today I would write a really great civil war story.

It would have battles and big cannons and lots and lots of action.

I worked it all out in my mind, word by word.

Each word was just perfect but then suddenly it was all

gone with the wind.

_________________________________________________


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the ninth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood

Sir Laughsalot spent his day laughing and looking for dragons.

He failed to find any .
But when he returned his Squire, Elfnose, told him that he had mail.
He was very, very, very excited thinking it was from beautiful Maid Moreann.
But then, much to his disappointment he discovered it
was only some
chain mail

News From Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal

For some reason that I can neither understand nor explain today's Pigeon Falls after the above introduction ends up as a flash 55. Must be some kind of learned response.

Poor Eino! He is now really baffled.
He stood in the trench waving his arms and shouting. The lights came on.
Mrs. Trumble pointed the new camera at him. She saw him in the view finder.
But when they looked at the video later there was nobody in the trench.
Eino was now the invisible man.

Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.

Wrap UP
Spent a good part of the day reading flash 55's . What a variety. There are poems, stories, personal information, and more. Blogland is just filled with talented people. If only more of them would work with Quilly's words what fun it would be. Then we went to Green Bay to pick up my grandaughter and a friend for a gathering at the Church tonight. Now they have all gone and I am home alone. I visted all the blogs that left comments yesterday. Now I need to give myself a breathing treatment.
GBYA
************************************************************

34 Comments:

Blogger anthonynorth said...

Loved the last line of the first, and the Medieval fashion statement of the second.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Delightfully entertaining post! Thank you, sir!

1:40 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Your story ran off to Tara! Hahaha!

I didn't know that chain mail had gender! No wonder they wouldn't let girls become Knights (well, except Joan of Arc).

And I am just as confused as Enio! I was certain the second camera would work.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

An excellent 55, but frankly my dear..do you give a damn?

2:37 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Dr. J.....this is just the best you've ever written since I started doing the 55!! Excellent.

But, try again with your Civil War epic....afterall, Tomorrow's another day.


Mine's posted.

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, sir, are talented and entertaining.
Happy Friday! :)

4:47 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Your 55's were jokes as well as stories. Very funny.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Wait. What? said...

Loved that 55!!!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Excellent story. I really enjoyed both the quote as well as the picture. Since when did chain mail become a he or she?

5:55 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Horror memories are best 'gone with the wind' :D

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

You mean you didn't need all 55 words?

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what two great punch lines...gone with the wind and chain mail. Brilliant. I hope Fandango wasn't around for Sir Laughsalot :) It's got to be the smoke doing all this at Pigeon Falls. Well maybe not...one of those martians probably zapped up Eino. Have a great Friday and once again very well done 55

7:47 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Wow! Omar Bradley hit that one right on the head...

Gone with the wind... you are sO clever! The chain mail was good too! I LOVE how you do this! NEXT week I am going to give this Friday 55 a shot! I am!

Daggone it... I had a feeling that 2nd camera was going to have problems... you know, we really NEED to talk to that Man In Black! He knows something!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh ... groan ... *heh, heh*

I just now caught up on the second part of the story of James. Ohmygosh, what a sad story. Anxious to hear more.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are really quite talented. Thanks for stopping by :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger aims said...

My favourite story/movie!

Can you hear me as I run off into the fog?

9:04 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

I'll forgive the amputation of word #55..hahahahaha

Excellent 55 Doc..

You always give us Words of Wisdom!

Have a Great Week-End...G

10:11 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Dr. John, you are too funny!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Gone With The Wind - Too Funny, Next you'll be saying Fiddle Dee Dee.

Loved the clown picture and Omar Bradley quote.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

Great 55 I hope you have a great weekend.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I always love your 55's and that picture is a classic!
Have a blessed weekend Dr J.

12:06 PM  
Blogger CordieB said...

Quite entertaining, as always!!!! Love the way you made your beginning your end; or was it vice versa! lol.

Blessings, C.

2:39 PM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

really liked the Omar quote.
It is so true. :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

very cleverly done!!!!
Hugs! L

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like both your 55's ;-) Chain mail - LOL

4:20 PM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

"Gone with the wind...and "chain mail" absolutely a joy to read!!!

Thanks Dr. John, for visiting my 55,
and leaving your comment. :)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

"Gone with the wind...and "chain mail" absolutely a joy to read!!!

Thanks Dr. John, for visiting my 55,
and leaving your comment. :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger KB said...

I love your 55 and the pics that went with it. I always enjoy visiting your blog - such variety. Have a great weekend.

10:10 PM  
Blogger roughterrain crane said...

I'm waiting for new 55.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Rinkly Rimes said...

'Gone with the Wind' in 55 words. If only war were that brief. But what happened to 'I don't give a damn!' How could you leave that out?

11:36 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

You completed a miracle ! Gone with the wind in 55 words, wow ! when I think it took me ages to read the whole book when I was 16 !

8:42 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

General Bradely was a great man!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Gone with the wind...... oh that made me laugh! Great stuff Dr. John. :)

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish Mitchell could have kept it to 55 or even 555. I was bored silly by the book & stopped before I reached the middle. I prefer your 55.

LOL at chain mail. ~Mary

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home