Monday, June 08, 2009

More About Me

Today's Link
Raising Rascals

Today's Saying
The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. ~Oscar Wilde

Today's Picture


I came across the meme called summer and thought it would be a way of sharing more of me with you.

1. Is summer your favorite season? Why?
Of course. Because there is no snow.

2. Do you exercise more in the summer because you wear less clothing?
No

3. Do you enjoy tanning or are you more concerned about the dangers of basking in the sun?
Well I don’t like tanning but I’m not much concerned about dangers of sun basking.

4. You are on the beach when a waiter appears for your drink order. What do you ask for?
Lemonade, of course with lots of ice.

5. Do you camp in the summertime?
I used to but no more.

6. What was your favorite summer vacation as a kid?
Going to Aunt Jennie’s Camp for a week.

7. Do you enjoy sleeping outdoors?
No. I dislike bugs of all kinds.

8. Do you throw a summer barbecue every year?
No

9. Do you enjoy BBQs?
Not really but I like big Texas hats.

10. Have you ever been to a nude beach? If yes, what did you think?
No and if you ever saw me nude you would know why.

11. What is your ideal past time on a Lazy Summers Day?
Swimming

12. Imagine you're packing a picnic lunch. What would be in your basket?
Small pasties, currant cookies, saffron buns, butter on ice, bottle of lemonade.

13. What's the best summer job you ever had?
Camp Counselor or Deck Hand on an ore boat.

14. Give a one word answer to the question "why is life worth living".
God

15. When you're lost, do you ask for directions?
We didn’t use to but we do now.

16. Do you wear a watch? If so, tell us about it. If not, how do you keep track of time?
No watch. I holler Betty what time is it.

17. What do you like to snack on when you watch a movie?
Popcorn, what else!

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
On Saturday Tommy UK and Tammy took a picnic basket and went into the woods looking for a giant spider and they haven’t been seen since. The last communication from the two of them was to the DNR man at 2:00 PM Saturday. They had found a giant spider web with a deer trapped in it and were about to release the deer. They intended to call again as soon as that was done and they had more information about the spider. But the second call never came. When they didn’t come home Saturday night everybody began to worry. Tommy had his cell phone so he should have called. It was working because he had talked to the DNR man
So Sunday morning they organized a search party. Fifty people began working their way through the woods. Sometime Sunday afternoon the DNR man and Alex Slovensky found a place with pieces of spider web scattered in every direction. On the ground was Tommy’s cell phone smashed flat. But there was no sign of either Tammy or Tommy. There was no blood , no pieces of clothing, and that was taken as a good sign.
For the remainder of the day they continued to search in that area but found nothing. If there was a giant spider it was long gone as were Tommy and Tammy.
At Nancy’s Coffee Shop people were saying that they heard that Tommy and Tammy had been eaten by the giant spider and that the DNR was hiding that fact to prevent a panic. Others said they were still alive and the DNR was trying to figure out how to rescue them without getting them killed. One old lady even said “ Where is Petrovich when you need him?”

Wrap UP
Today it rained all day. We cleaned out the freezer and the refrigerator. I visited all the blogs that left comments yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**********************************************************

13 Comments:

Blogger anthonynorth said...

Ah, those lazy summer days. We don't get enough of them over here in the UK.

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if Betty isn't around how do you find out what time it is? I like the picnic lunch a great deal. Popcorn sticks to my teeth...i don't eat it very often.

Poor Tommy UK and Tammy...a giant spider might have eaten them? Oh no and they just found their way back to each other...

1:28 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

I'm a winter time gal in summer and summer time gal in winter...just can't please me...I'm contrary that way...and for crying out loud, that spider is getting to me now! It would be just like Tommy and Tammy to try to release a poor caught deer only to be ensnared themselves!
Sandi

3:23 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Dr. John, those small pasties would have come in handy at that nude beach.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Loved your summery reflections Dr John! Always good to get to know you just a little better :-)

5:21 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I DID learn something today! I never KNEW you liked BIG TEXAS HATS! LOL!

Ohhhhhhh good grief! See? I KNEW Tammy and Tommy should have taken Herman with them! Those crazy kids! Would a GIANT spider really be strong enough to FLATTEN a cell phone though... in the woods? On soft soil? Just HOW giant IS this Spider??? Okay... the web snared a deer... But little spiders make waaaaaaaaaay bigger webs than what they are... so you know... is this spider the size of basketball? Or is this spider the size of a CAR???
Just HOW worried SHOULD I be about the kids? Cuz you know... I tend not to worry... I just leave it up to God! I'm sure it will all work out and they will have a wonderful adventure to tell! (well, okay... maybe not wonderful - it does involve a giant spider...)

6:38 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Those hats are great for keeping the little bugs out of the face. I love the lazy summer days. Yesterday I spent a good portion of my day taking a break from the packing (we are moving) and sat in the kiddie pool with the baby.

Best day.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

While I like your answers to the meme I have to admit that summer is my least favorite season. It's way too hot here. I will have difficulty adjusting in Hell.

; D

9:49 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

LOL #10 and #16 made me chuckle!

11:31 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

I love Summer! Ahhh, the beach!
...and I luv'd the line, "No watch. I holler Betty what time is it."

Priceless~!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

#16 made me laugh out loud. Poor Betty!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I don't like to play "roasted chicken" in the sun either, I love to eat a barbecue but am too lazy to do one, and don't talk about bugs !

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Poor Tommy and Tammy.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home