Friday, June 05, 2009

Flash 55-No Rules

Today's Link
Chatty Kelly

Today's Saying
Live simply that others might simply live. ~Elizabeth Seaton

Today's Picture
Our Gardner

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.

Math without Rules

Despite the fact that there were no rules forbidding them in the new guide book,


The President of the Ishpeming High School Algebra Club felt it necessary to take two large capacity squirt guns from members of the club.

When asked why, he responded “.Because they can easily be used as weapons of




math disruption.
_________________________________________________


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the eighth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood

The King felt that Sir Laughsalot’s failure to catch Robberhood was without excuse and moved him from first chair to farthest chair which was chair eight. But Sir Laughsalot just laughed and laughed and laughed as if sitting in chair eight was just great. It did seem silly since five chairs had no Knights.

_________________________________________________

Four Weeks ago Thursday I started a story which I thought would be done on Saturday but it spiraled out of control and is back today. I hope to finish it tomorrow.
The story continues -You can see the first part HERE.

Chief Ican had a headache. This case was taking him round in circles like a dog chasing his tail. He wanted to apply for the job in Pigeon Falls but he couldn’t leave until this one was done. So he sat back in his big comfortable chair, thought about questioning Charles, and took three Tylenol.
_________________________________________

News From Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal

For some reason that I can neither understand nor explain today's Pigeon Falls after the above introduction ends up as a flash 55. Must be some kind of learned response.

The DNR man heard back from the State Agricultural Laboratory on the spider web like samples he had sent them. They were indeed spider web but they had never seen any that big before. They wanted him to get a picture of the spider that makes them. But he really didn’t know where to look.

Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.

Wrap UP
Busy day. I changed the opening picture on the blog. I visited all the flash 55 stories I could find.I made currant cookies with Betty. I put the Bible Study and this week's bulletion up to the St. Mark's website. I visited all the blogs that left a comment yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
****************************************************8


Labels:

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's a way to disrupt a math class. Excellent. The poor King...doesn't keep up with how many knights he has. LOL... I hope the Tylenol works...and maybe they should check with Willie...I bet he might have a clue if he's off the booze that is. Excellent 55's

1:43 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Weapons of Math Disruption. Now this was funny, thank you for the smile and chuckle after a busy tiring day.

Glad you like the train video, I got a couple more that need to be uploaded when I have a bit of time.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

Weapons of math disruption. Better than mass destruction, love how you juggle with words. You're the master!

2:13 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Dr. john, you are so versatile and creative, you managed to write an episode of the Ican saga and mock me -- all at the same time -- in just 55 words. I am impressed!

2:50 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Doc...I don't know what happened last week with the comment.
I know you are a man of the cloth so let me say this...I definately read your 'Collor I.D." 55 and commented!!!!
I don't understand what went on with blogger...SORRY.

As for math disruption?
I can see you are establishing a little niche here with the word play 55's...You know what?
I Love It!!!!!
Thank you for being so forgiving, but than again, THATS YOUR JOB!!!!
Hahahahahha
Have a Great Week-End Doc....G

4:26 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Just Checkin....*wink*

4:27 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

:::giggles::: Math disruption. Gotta love it.

Mine's posted. As always, scroll down below my show n tell, or click on the link provided at the beginning!! Happy weekend.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Are your 55's off the cuff?? You are amazing!
But the real reason I come here--your quote of the day. Always makes me think.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

The director of the club is right: Nothing should disrupt anything.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Well, frankly I am always thrilled when your stories spiral out of control. I think it is wonderful when it happens. And frankly, if they find the spider, I hope you post no pics...
Sandi

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Math disruption? LOL!!!

Yeah, they're going to have a problem taking that picture.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Wait. What? said...

Excellent 55!!!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Math destruction, huh? Good one!

7:02 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Loved the last line of the 55. That went right into my tickle centre :-)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

LOL you are funny weapons of math disruption. Great 55 and have a great weekend. MY 55 is up.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

YOU are just entirely too clever! All these 55's are great! But I'm really giggling over your now famous last words... I hope to finish it tomorrow! Riiiiiiiiiight!

I see trash bins coming into play!!!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

LOL I loved your 55 Dr. John - very clever indeed! :)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Brilliant

10:39 AM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

Love the math disruption That was funny
Oy must have a head ache from all the tail chasing!:)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Oh, that first 55 is hilarious!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Terrific Dr. J!

12:22 PM  
Blogger KB said...

What a clever 55 from the good Dr.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

LOL! Weapons of maths disruption! I guess that is what GWB was looking for in Iraq!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Your first 55 story was a hoot.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home