Monday, July 13, 2009

All About me

Today's Link
From the Frontlines

Today's Saying
Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them. ~Saint-Exupéry

Today's Picture

Found this meme on the Old Fart's Blog.

Have Any Pets: Just my daughter’s dog
Have Any Children: Three ( All Grown Up)
Smoke: Never but when I'm angry it comes out of both ears
Drink: Water
Exercise: Sometimes
Spend Your Life On Facebook: What’s Facebook
Play On A Sports Team: You hafta be kiddin
Belong To Any Organizations: No unless you count the Church
Love Your Job: I’m retired
Like To Cook: Love to
Play An Instrument: Accordion ( sort of)
Sing: Yes but people keep asking me to stop
Dance: Never could
Speak Multiple Languages: No but read French, and Greek
Ice Skate: Not now
Swim: Love to
Paint: Birdhouses
Write: Penmanship is Horrible.
Ski: Not any more
Juggle: Tried but things kept dropping
Do you wish you lived somewhere else?: Sometimes Finland
Do you like roller coasters?: Yes-But can’t ride them with an oxygen tank
Enjoy spending time with your Mother?: When I was young.
Ever think about the price of gasoline?: Why! It only hurts the head.
Sleep with a fan on?: No , I’m a draft dodger.
Have a good handle on spelling?: No
Ever type "kik" instead of "lol?: Not lately
Know how to play chess?: Yes. But the grandkids beat me
Ever miss being a little kid?: All the time. That's why my kids keep asking when am I going to grow up.
Want to get married ? I am married and I like it.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Tommy UK found himself back in his room . The last few days seemed like a dream.
First he had been in his room.
Then the man in black came.
Then he dressed in black and suddenly wasn’t in his room.
Then he and the man in black waited in the woods for what the man in black called “ the right time”.
While they waited they sent strange creatures back to the trench but only at night.
Tommy used his ring to push them along.
Then came the moment and the man in black destroyed all of Eino’s lights and cameras.
In pitch black at the end of the trench they waited for the door to open.
When it did both Tommy and the man in black concentrated their power on the door.
From them came a beam of light and suddenly the door exploded and was no more.
Then slowly the trench disappeared.
The man in black said it would never return.
Then Tommy found himself back in his room.
And he still didn’t know much about the man in black.
It could have been a dream.

Wrap UP
I spent the morning looking for six pictures for the next Portrait of Words set. I found them and they will ( I hope) show up on the Portrait of Words sight on Wednesday. I visted all of my active Friends links. I just love it when I have time to read that many blogs. Now I need a breathing treatment.
'GBYA
********************

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great getting to know more about you. We have two things very much in common. My penmanship is horrible and I played an accordion. Thank you Lawrence Welk.

I certainly hope that Tommy UK used his ring wisely.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

The meme is great. You are so funny, draft dodger the best.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

'Today's Saying' explains exactly why I chose to be a Peter Pan double!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Well... I hope Tommy ran out to see if the trench REALLY was gone... I'm sure it was! Isn't it just like the MIB to show up, help Tommy (or have Tommy help HIM) and still not let on who he is! MiBs... they're sneaky! And tricky!

I didn't learn a single thing from your meme today. I don't type "kik" instead of lol... I tend to go the other way and type ;p; ...

6:36 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

"Draft dodger!" You just crack me up!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

You play the accordian??? WOW!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am surprised you do not belong to a model train club...I bet a lot could learn from you and vice versa.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Are those a the upside down tomatoes? I have GOT to try this.

2:57 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

*Want to get married ? I am married and I like it*

Thats cute:)

Great tomatoes..I grew mine in hanging baskets this past summer too..only problem as the birds seem to think it was their resturuant.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Wow Dr J - I have been way to busy!
Summertime!

Your tomatoes look good- make sure you sucker them now so the fruit gets big!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Robynn's Ravings said...

Enjoyed your post and always appreciate it when you stop by. Thanks, John. :)

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The moment we stop asking questions to get answers we are grown up may be.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Now I know you better. I want to see your birdhouse paintings, and you are not the only one who is asked to stop when he starts singing !
Belgium is the ideal country for "singing in the rain" it rains all the time too !

11:10 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

A fun meme and some great answers. Draft dodger and not speaking languages but reading them :-)

12:41 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Great meme. I grinned all the way through your answers. We can play chess together. You might just win. My nephew beat me when he was only 6!

Tommy doesn't remember! Bummer!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't stop singing, Dr. John. After all, we are told to make a joyful NOISE! ;)

I am sorry about the roller coasters. That makes me sad.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home