Monday, July 20, 2009

More of Me Almost

Today's Link
Day by Day

Today's Saying
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes. ~William Davis

Today's Picture

I have to confess something to you today.
I am tired of this blog.
I am tired of the Mighty Walking Wizard.
I am tired of my sidebar.
I am tired of today’s everything-link, saying, or picture.
I am tired of the blah logo.
I am tired oif being locked in.
Monday is me
Every other Tuesday is Portrait of Words
Every Thursday is Quilly’s words
Every Friday is Flash 55
Every Saturday is Raven’s words.
Every Sunday a little sermon.
There is no freedom to be crazy.
To do anything that comes into my muddled mind.
I am tired of the blog.
So as I look at it I have some choices.

1. I can say Amen. Close it up and shut it down. I have seen blogs do that, good blogs. They were better blogs than mine. Now they are gone and there is no trace of them.

2. I can take an extended vacation with the possibility of never coming back. The blog, however remains, like a ghost town on the net. Lots of those out there.

3. I can just blog now and then when the mood strikes me. My old friend Catch is doing that.

4. I can take a measured vacation with announcement of a return date. The folks at Friends of the Reston Library are doing that.

OR

5. I can houseclean. I can throw things out. Change the logo. Change the sidebar. Get rid of the Wizard. Throw out the today’s. Spin Pigeon Falls off into a blog of its own. Throw out my schedule. Write what I want when I want.

For the moment I’m leaning toward number 5.
But we will see.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Poor Tommy UK. He keeps having the same dream over and over. He is held by his birth mother. She is rocking him and singing to him but he can’t see her face. He tries but it is as if she wants to hide it. When he caches a glimpse it looks familiar but he doesn’t see her clearly enough to identify her. But there is something about the voice and the sound.
So Tommy went to Pastor Joan this morning and told her how troubling the dream was. She told him to be careful. Dreams are not reality. He might see in the dream somebody he knows like Nancy , his adoptive mother, or even Mrs. Trumble. But that wouldn’t make them his birth mother. The song might be a real memory but the voice could just as easily belong to somebody he sees every day like a school teacher. This was not at all what Tommy wanted to hear. It was not good news.
So he went to see Eino. If he thought Pastor Joan was disappointing Eino was even more so. Eino told him you couldn’t trust dreams at all. They were not rational. They were images created by the mind and it was very doubtful, according to Eino, that they touched on reality at all.
When Tammy found him sitting in the boat house he was almost despondent. She told him to ignore Pastor Joan and Eino. It was his dream and he had to decide if it was real or not. She felt in his heart he would know.

Wrap UP
Sorry about this post. I was feeling a bit down this morning. But I have spent part of the day thinking of changes to make this more fun and that in itself was fun. Then Betty decided I should go with her and Pennie to see Harry Potter and I did. That's when I understood that it wasn't the blog that was the problem it was that between the rough breathing days and things that were going on here I've only been getting out on Sunday. I had a summer version of cabin fever. By the way if your going to the Potter movie reread the book first because the movie is a bit disjointed. So many of you wrote such kind comments I am overwhelmed. Life is good. But now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
****************************************************

22 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

Everybody who gave Tommy advice is right. Dreams can't be trusted. They switch that which is known for that which is unknown. That is why one has to consider the dream, and judge it with his/her heart and mind, to see whether or not it is true.

Dr. John -- just the thought that you might quit blogging distressed me. You and I am are members of the same community. Your life, and through you the lives of your family, has intertwined with mine. You have all become important to me. Any decision you make to change your life, will change mine also. That is how it is when you become friends with someone.

Now, having said that, because you are my friend and because I love you, I will support your decision, but know this, if you decide to go, you will be sorely missed.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Please don't go. We'd be lost out here in cyberspace on our own. The best option is #5 and a vacation is a must. It's summer, take a week or two off. You've earned it.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Do it differently, do it to fit you now. When that changes, change again.
These blogs were not meant to be a homework assignment, but they turn into that for some. I read when I want and I read what I want. I don't read every blog that reads me and I do read some that don't. And I write whenever I feel like and don't when I don't feel like it.
Freeing.
~Mary

3:15 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Unlike Quilly, I will track you down and harass you for the rest of your natural life if you decide to QUIT blogging! But your blog has changed a LOT since the blog that it was when I first started visiting! You weren't involved in all those "word games" back then. You did do sermon's on Sunday, and Pigeon Falls daily. Occasionally an Elf Tale - but not every week. And the other days you just spoke whatever happened to be on your mind that day! Perhaps you are tired of word games and the look of your blog? I lean toward #5 with you! We all revamp our blog from time to time! You're entitled! It doesn't have to be a done away with affair! I can't even begin to imagine not reading you each day - and I would miss you HORRIBLY if you were gone....
but I do prefer reading YOU to reading all the stories. (if that counts for anything...)

Tommy got good advice I think...

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

listen2yourheart - The best.
Break And Relax till new fresh ideas are here to stay.

5:16 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Lots of bloggers I've been reading have active periods and slack off periods. And why not? That's how life goes. The problem with blogs, however, is that people tend to check on the active ones and give up on the people who take a vacation. I have been using Bloglines so that when occasional poster do put something new on their blog, I get a notice. Google Reader is another option. I also list some blogs on my blogger blog, so that shows when there are new posts.

Changing the design of your page is something like rearranging the furniture in the house. It just freshens things up. I like that idea.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I echo the others. I would be sad to see you go. So many of the people I "know" in the blogging community are the folks you've drawn to you. What are we drawn to? Someone who speaks the truth in love ... in a kind and loving way. It's so rare to find that combination. Someone who is creative and uplifting. Personally, I am drawn to someone who obviously loves the Lord so much, and you express it, in what I consider, the ideal way. It is something that I aspire to.

But I can understand how posting every day could become a burden. I certainly can't do it. It becomes too much stress. Even though I don't get a vote, I hope that you go for number 5. But that's just me being selfish because I would miss you. :)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Do what you want to do the most with the blog, then you will be happy.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Change everything ! routine is the worst thing ! I love to change my header and background and I don't participate in these questionaries where I feel like a squeezed lemon.
I don't have to tell you that you couldn't give up blogging you would get bored to death. Try to visit other people, take other memes just change ! Don't forget your screen is a window to the world ! and .... I am sitting on the other side of the ocean !

8:29 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh number 5 rather than any of the others Dr. John. A huge change is infinitely better than you closing down this blog altogether m'dear. x

8:45 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

WOW!!!!!!!! I didnt know you were the sick of this blog!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John. I have only known you and your wonderful wife Betty for about 6 months now. Thanks to the one and only wonderful Quilly. In that short time I have come to respect and admire you and your words and just you as a human being. This is such a thought provoking blog and you my friend are one of a kind. Whatever you decide know that you will have always another friend from the Islands. But I'm hoping so much that you choose No. 5. Change is good. And that's what you my friend need I think. Keeps you on your toes. And maybe also you might just blog when you want and do what you want. A combination of all of them might be the answer. But know that I respect any decision you make (as long as it's no. 5 ROFLMAO)

Dreams are not what they are cracked up to be. They are just that dreams, visions of soemthing that your brain cooks up I believe. Tommy UK needs to decide for himself. He's not liking anyone elses answers.

That being said, you and Tommy need to make the decision yourselves :)

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one of many, vote for #5. Of course, it is not my choice that truly matters. It's YOUR choice.
I'm taking some time off this summer. I'm still trying to follow others but not post as often, since the kids are one summer break from school. It's still too much for me some days. Tomorrow I'm leaving on a 2-week vacation. I may feel the need to extend it even longer on my blog... or not.

Blessings to you, Dr. John, whatever you choose to do!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John ~ You have to do what is best for you. If you decide to quit blogging, I will also miss coming to your blog but will also understand your reason's why. I also hope you pick #5 and make some changes instead of quitting all together.

Maybe you just need a break over the Summer, but what ever you decide I will support you 100%.

A Blessed Day is wished for you n' Betty and your family.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

Life is all about change and choice - without them, the whole world would stagnate :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Amber Star said...

Dr. John,
Your topic today is how I was feeling last week. Sometimes what was fun becomes tiresome and is no longer fun. I'm taking some time off to spend with my family, my home and with myself. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you well and have been better off to have known you even a little.

1:47 PM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I also wanted to add that I like your Sunday Morning posts the best, but that is a day I usually don't have time to leave a comment. But I read them. I do.

2:41 PM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

Dr. John we all reach a plateau and summer is for fun and breathing some warm fresh air but I know deep in my heart that you can't say goodbye as you will miss us out this end the same way we will miss you.
You'll come back and take a peak after a good rest and it will be fun again.
I personally like to keep things simple. When a blog gets too busy it fries my mind. You can't get to many people if your time becomes limited and every one wants a little feed back.
So GET OUT THERE AND DO SOME ROCKIN!!!
and we'll see you when we see you lol
:)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Dr. John...SAYONARA...my friend...see you again when you get back...right now do what's best for you...cheers...Sayonara Dr. John...see ya again soon bud...

3:19 PM  
Blogger hope said...

All right, I want to do the adult thing and say, "Everyone needs a break." Or perhaps, "Give it a fresh coat of paint, let it dry and then come back in when the blog's aired out."

But the truth is I want to say,"Oh man, not NOW! How can I go on without a new episode of Laughsalot and the Square Table?"

All of us reach that point where we wonder if our blog is necessary or we fear running out of stuff to say. As long as there are people, someone will find you interesting.

I do. Hope you stick around. After all, I just finished painting my blog and I feel much better. :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Well, if I may humbly suggest, go for number 5. If you would do number 1, this would be a huge loss for us. And as we are so many to follow you, it would be a loss for humanity :-).

Quite some while back, I got feed up to and became sick and tired of posting daily. I wanted to stop. Then I changed my blogging practise and I post every 3 to 4 days. When something comes to my mind. And with this I have "saved" my blogger courage and I enjoy it, still. Without getting tired of blogging.

BTW, my newest post make reference to you.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Hey, it's a picture of Pigeon Falls!

Even the most irrational dream has it's message and it's truth.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home