Friday, July 31, 2009

Poor Palin

Today's Link
Life is Better than Good

Today's Saying
We hate some persons because we do not know them; and will not know them because we hate them. ~Charles Caleb Colton

Today's Picture
Pennie on my scooter


Why kick Sarah Palin?
She lost the election.
She has resigned as governor.
She is just one lady who can hardly do any harm.
Why kick her ?

But kick her we are.

The media kicks her.

The comedians kick her.

Even nice ladies who blog call her “scary crazy and dishonest,”

Why?

Well I see two reasons.

1. We need somebody to kick around and make fun of.
Minorities used to fill that bill but that is no longer politically correct.
Presidents can fill the bill but this one is still on a political honeymoon.

But we need somebody to feel better than.
Somebody who is scary, crazy, and dishonest.
While we .though we don’t have much, are nice, normal, and honest.

Kicking her makes us feel good.
It lifts us up.
Laughing at her is a wonderful thing
We aren’t like that , whatever like that is.

2. She is the only highly visible symbol of the Republican party.
I ‘m not sure she wants to be but the press in its role as Creator has made her so.
Stop and think for a moment about how many nationally known Republicans there are.
She is the lightning rod for all the Republican directed lightning.

I feel sorry for her.
I expect little from her in the future.
But I predict the hate and the nastiness will continue.
But she is a human being not a robot.
She is a mother and a wife.
She hurts just like we do.
Leave her alone.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't say I have anything really good to say about Sarah, so I don't say anything. I realize that kicking folks around does have a long history (and I'm not equating Sarah with Jesus in any way):

Jesus was a Capricorn, he ate organic foods.
He believed in love and peace and never wore no shoes.
Long hair, beard and sandals and a funky bunch of friends.
Reckon they'd just nail him up if He come down again.

'Cos everybody's got to have somebody to look down on.
Who they can feel better than at anytime they please.
Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on.
If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she is as tough as nails and says bring it on myself. She might be a little off sometimes but she says what she feels and does what she wants basically. I say let 'em kick...she will kick back. Aloha and Happy Positive Day 2009 Aloha

1:51 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

This is why I keep the television turned off. It is much easier to filter written news. I skip the Palin headlines.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Everyone seems to need a Whipping Boy/Girl, and Sarah Palin seems to come along at the wrong time.

Like Quilly I don't have the TV on much, less chance of being swept in on the nastiness being dealt out.

Good post Dr John, thought provoking.

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't kick her, but in truth, I don't like many of her ideas and policies(though there are a few I do) and I would not back her for president, but again, I don't kick her.

Had a rather long discussion with some female friends about this because while none of us would vote for Palin, we do not have Palin on the brain all the time and we do not look for reasons to attack her. What we have all noticed though is that a certain type of woman(women)~and I won't get into the "type" are obsessed with her. She can't move without them freaking out, their skin crawls...and it says more about those women than it does about Palin. They have a certain issue they are just not admitting to....and it is interesting to watch....from afar.

4:21 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I would feel differently if the press had just started picking on her out of the blue, but she put herself and her kids out there, in public, so then if there are any comments, it is because she, in essence, invited people to look and comment. And yes, the press stepped over some boundaries that should have been in place.

Plus, she continually criticizes others for the exact things she is doing without looking in the mirror herself. I am constantly reminded of a 13 year old when she talks. I wouldn't vote for a 13 year old. I can't help but think that lots of people are reminded of the worst moments with their teens and that is part of the "trigger" of peoples' reactions.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I am all for leaving her alone. I am positive I can fine better ways to feel better than by bashing anyone.

Please visit The Chrysalis Stage and Esoteric Uncovered.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Nick- You stand with my grandmother who always said " If you can't say anything good don't say anything"
Bill & Quilly- It wasn't the television coverage that bugged me but what people were saying on blogs.
Mary- I would be surprised if she ran for President. I think that idea belongs to the media.
PS- I see. She brought it on herself. She deserves the bashing she gets. We say that about all the people we like to bash.
At the moment she is running for nothing so you don't have to vote for her but she still upsets you. Let it go.
Nessa-If only more people had your attitude.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah Palin's problems start every time she opens her mouth. Her foot keeps getting in the way.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I agree with your analysis 100%.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

The nastiness will never dissappear... great post. I happen to actually like Sarah...I'm sure she can fight it right out.
I hope Pennie is getting better...I see sh'e becoming a biker too lol

12:14 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I really don't understand the continuing media coverage of her every move. Why?

3:25 PM  
Blogger KB said...

We don't hear much about her in NZ. Quote of the day gives us something to think about.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home