Saturday, August 15, 2009

Chaos Returning



Yesterday The chaos cloud returned.
First I got up late because I overslept . That being caused by being up too late the night before.
I wanted to get to my computer but discovered three of the five grand kids had beat me to it.
I felt bad because I really wanted to visit the people who had written flash 55s. Finally I begged enough time to at least comment on G man’s blog that mine was posted.
Then the controlling group ( ie Betty and Pennie) decided we should go to Country Buffet for lunch. Have you ever ridden in a van with five grandkids who believe loud is better than soft. Add in my hearing aid and my head was buzzing. Of course this is the time we had to stop for gas. Finally we got to the restaurant. I rode my scooter in, Pennie went in on crutches, the others just sort of poured in. We got a table for eight , put a chair out with a pillow on it so Pennie could elevate her leg. On my way to the table an old man stopped me and wanted to talk about my scooter. I think he was lonely. But he stalled me long enough to keep me from laying down the one plate at a time rule. You took only one plate and couldn’t have anything else until you ate what was on it. Without that rule they take and get two or three plates and end up leaving a lot of food uneaten. Then there was the toilet plunger. My youngest grandson had the rubber end of a toilet plunger that was used in a number of games at the VBS. He was pushing it down on the table. People going by would never know it had never been used in a toilet.
Then I went to get food, try driving a scooter with one hand and holding a plate with the other. There were hamburger buns and no hamburgers. There were beautiful grilled hot dogs and no hot dog buns. There was no chopped onion or relish. But there was mashed potatoes. Somehow I got a bun, a hot dog, a helping of potatoes, and some butter on the plate and then transported it back to the table. I sent a grand kid to get me some pop .
After lunch we went to a medical supply place to get a wheelchair. Betty and Pennie went in and I was left in the van with the five kids. I am still sane. I am still sane. They were gone for what seemed like forever. By the time they returned the heat and humidity were getting to me and I had them take me home. They went off to the movies. I visited flash 55s.
I love those kids but …….
I am still sane. I am.


My crew has gone to an adventure but with the temperature hovering near 90 degrees I couldn't breath well out of the house and its air conditioning so I stayed home. Of course, I could have stayed in the car with that air conditioner but what fun is that?
So I have used this time to do some visiting and I ran across this blog.




I thought I might try it. So here is my try.

The Chaos has returned in full.




22 Comments:

Blogger Jinksy said...

Seems like you are still trying to convince yourself on that one? :) Hope you succeeded - me, I gave up years ago!

1:43 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Five is a lot all at one time. I didn't have that many the first time around!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Oh my...five? At one time? I had the two girls, Gtanddaughter and Grand Niece and had to nap for a week...do you feel a nap coming on John? Yes, your sanity is intact...but by a thread I fear!
warm hugs!
Sandi

4:12 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Sounds like you have your hands full DrJ!

4:14 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

My goodnesss. Are you sure you are sane... I wouldn't!
Hard day -and funny...as seen from afar.
Thanks for your visits.
My favourite Dr.!

5:08 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Ah, see - sometimes life gets in the way of checking even blogs you are linked with in a meme! :)

5:23 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

From one grandfather to another, this is my favorite poem:

I've seen the lights of Paris,
I've seen the lights of Rome,
But the sweetest lights I ever did see
Were the lights of the grandkids going home.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sane? I think I lost my sanity when I moved here. Who knew that a 6 year old and an 8 year old had the ability to completely drive me up the wall even when I am not in the same room with them.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

LOL that sounds more manic than when we took our five grandkids to Southport! :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Thing is - in later years they'll remember what a wonderful grandpa you are and it will come back to you tenfold.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dr. John, you endured and are still sane. :) I love your one plate rule. Excellent. And the controlling group...LOL...that is just too funny. Have a great Saturday my friend :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I admire you, you stayed sane with 5 kids in a car. I get nervous when there are 2 kids in an aircraft.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Lindy said...

Love the toilet plunger part! I would have been one of those people looking over at it and going "yuck." How brave to venture out with all the grands! Here's to chaos at its fullest!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Welcome to Six Word Saturday! I just found this meme yesterday while visiting a new blog for a different meme -- and you'll be glad to know that I have visited 41 of the 6WS participants -- that was ALL of them when I left the site this morning.

I question whether or not you are STILL sane, since I have no proof that you were sane to begin with.

12:51 PM  
Blogger betty said...

stopping by from 6-word Saturday; how delightful to have family visiting and getting to spend time with them! the heat wouldn't be fun, but I bet all in all, it is great to have your loved ones so close by!

enjoy!

betty

3:19 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFLMBO! I LOVE mine too! I loved it when they LEFT tonight too! But they'll be back tomorrow for Luz's birthday party! Of course... they're only here (in Maryland) until Wednesday - and then back to Texas they go... so I have to enjoy them while I have them! When we get OLD though, we need a little BREAK every now and then!!! LOL! I totally understand! But... I haven't been sane in many years now... and I don't really ever PLAN to be again...

6:46 PM  
Blogger Lizze said...

You are definitely a brave soul for having all 5 at once but how sweet you are to do so. :)
At least chaos keeps things interesting. ;)

Happy 6WS!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

I feel your pain. Chaos has reigned supreme during The Scribe Family's Great American Silo Tour...including a 5-hour breakdown in Chi-Town. Hey, sounds like a song! Maybe I can turn chaos into creativity?

7:05 AM  
Blogger Robynbeth said...

Stopping by from Six Word Saturday, and I love your post.

It kind of applies here as well since school began this week, lol. I hope the visit is wonderful and enjoy.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Call Me Cate said...

I'm not a big fan of chaos myself. I really enjoyed reading your blog today so I'm glad you linked up to 6WS!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Oh the sympathy -and great empathy -I can have for and with you on these issues! Normally, with just the two little ones here (and minus the fighting for the computer-time with them, but still having that with daughter Mandy and the 17-year-old), this can be very hectic. But today -I will be joining your ranks by the end of the day, checking my sanity, as the two other stepgrandkids are visiting today and that often ends in utter pandemonium, quick tempers flying, whining, sulking to the nth degree too all too often. Not a pleasant thought ya know.. Oh oh! I just heard the truck returning and that means the true chaos will now begin!
Peace.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thing is - in later years they'll remember what a wonderful grandpa you are and it will come back to you tenfold.

___________________
Julie
Email Marketing Solutions

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home