Thursday, August 13, 2009

Featured Link



As I continue to evaluate what was and what now is my blog I will continue to make adjustments. I used to give you a link a day but now I will feature a blog a week. But instead of just dumping it on you I will tell you something about it and why you might want to visit it. I hope this will be more useful than the link a day.
I want to start out with a very special blog.

Everything I know about art I learned from her. She is a very good artist and shares her insights on her blog. But she also shares bits and pieces of her life including the carpentry work she does around the house.
In the morning I drink my cocoa out of one of her cups. It has a painting of a fish with another painting inside of it. She does very clever art like that. But she also does funny pictures based on spam and lots of other things. If your into art this is a great blog. At least go and take a look.
You can click on the logo above or HERE.


One of the comments on yesterday's blog reminded me of the guy who hated Christians in general and Pastors in particular. He used to leave very nasty comments directed at me on this blog. I let him. I figured he was entitled to express his opinion and I knew who and what I was so it didn't bother me. Then he began to use sexual terms in his comments and I told him if he continued to do that I would have to delete him because my grand kids read my blog. He continued. I deleted him. He quit commenting. I felt bad about deleting him because I felt sorry for the guy. Somewhere along the line the church or somebody saying they were the church really hurt him.

I also learned yesterday that there are situations when comment moderation seems to be the only cure. The internet is not a perfect world.

WOOPS
I almost missed this award from Alice at Alice's Restaurant.
It is recived and appreciated. Thank you for considering my humble comments.
Since it is not exclusive it will not be displayed but I still love it.

Chaos Ending

Yesterday the fog began to lift and life began to resume some sort of normality. All except for the arrival of the new couch and the removal of my favorite piece of furniture. Meals were on time, the dog was happy , except when we wouldn't let her jump on the men carrying the couch, VBS went well, and I got a little computer time.

16 Comments:

Blogger anthonynorth said...

As I see it there's nothing wrong with any religion. As with everything, it is those who use a system - any system - for political or personal reasons who are at fault. Too many people blame the whole instead of the few.
It think that makes sense :-)

2:37 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Was over to visit your link, wonderful blog. I remember when that chap made the hateful comments on your blog. If I remember your blogging friends turned on him for his spiteful comments.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Dr J, when I commented on the guy who was leaving the crazy/scary comments on my and fellow bloggers sites, I mentioned that his rants included much talk of Jesus and damnation. Like you, I wondered what kind of experiences he had with Christian teaching that had given him this warped sense of God's word. He was truly sick emotionally and in spirit. I didn't like his comments, but also I felt sorry for such a lost soul.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

This selfish blogger wishes you chose hers one day.
Great idea!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Congrats on the award, Dr. John...and I can't wait to go visit Janet...I love mugs that are decorated inside and out! She sounds like a true artist...
Sandi

8:44 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

There are always frustrated people around who don't dare to express themselves in real life and tell their opinion, so they leave their frustrations in comments on blogs where they feel safe. Bah ! I don't care either, I just delete and that's it. Once I had to delete 300 spams in chinese on my cat blog ! So I changed my settings. After one week the comments must be approved by me.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody write about himself/herself only few write about other And what they like the best about them.
I - Clap ! Clap ! Clap !

9:59 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I DO like your new and improved link system. Knowing a bit about why you like the blog does make it a bit more enticing to go have a visit!

So glad life is settling down a bit... and now I want to see pics of the dog costume AND the new couch!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are getting many things together in fine fashion. I'm glad you going to give your opinion on the blog you will feature. Great idea. :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I like the idea of you giving info on your featured blog Dr. John. :)

This:

the dog was happy , except when we wouldn't let her jump on the men carrying the couch,

made me LOL!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Dr. John -- I like the fact that you are introducing your favorite blog. It makes me curious and I want to go visit.

I hope you learn to love the new couch. The dragons say that if you don't, they can take care of it for you.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I (and we all) will continue to follow your blog. Not only because of the wisdom you share with us but also to discover your chances on it.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

BOY! Chaos must REALLY be being chaotic today! NO POST from Dr. John... Well... I'm sure chaos is all it is - but I'm whispering a tiny little extra prayer - just in case one is needed!

4:51 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Good choice on your featured blog. She is certainly talented!

Hope your weekend is calmer than mine Dr. J.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Janet said...

Thanks for sending people my way.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered what kind of experiences he had with Christian teaching that had given him this warped sense of God's word.

___________________
Julie
Email Marketing Solutions

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home