Friday, August 21, 2009

Another Featured Link

Click HERE to get to my 55s


Last week I started this “Featured blog” section with the blog of an old friend.
Today I offer you a blog I have just recently discovered.
I can’t really call her a friend yet because I don’t think she knows what to make of me.
She calls herself Rinkly Rimes and the blog used to be called that as well but then she changed it to BryAntics.
Whatever she calls it if you go there you will get a treat.
She writes poetry.
Not that elusive, high falutin stuff with its head in the clouds that nobody really understands but down to earth poetry. Poems that are sometimes funny ( very funny) and some times profound.
Here is the end of a recent one:
Anthony frowned a little; he wasn't satisfied.
'You and Mummy tell different stories'. (That couldn't be denied!)
'You say that God has made us; she says we're from the trees.
Surely one of you is wrong! Daddy! Explain it please!'
'Ah, that is very easy' said Daddy, 'We combine.
She's talking about her family;
I'm talking about mine!'

But you really need to read the whole poem.
I absolutely love visiting her blog.
Give it a try. Click HERE

Just a quick reminder . If you are planning on doing a Portrait of Words they are due Tuesday August 25. You can see the pictures here.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Dr. John. That reminds me I still have to get to the one Quilly is wanting us to go to. Where does time go :)

1:20 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

I often visit there. I like her poetic style a lot.

2:25 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Bryantics is one of my favorite places. I almost always leave with a smile on my face and sometimes I'm even chuckling as I walk away.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

I didn't have a chance to post a comment to yesterday's good news / bad news. The good news is I am glad you still exist! Heh! What an experience you had!

Take care of yourself, I mean, now that you exist and all!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Dr. John. What a tremendous idea -- the featured blog. I will follow you for more suggestions.

I'm heading over there right after my comment to check it out.

:)
Sue

4:55 AM  
Blogger roughterrain crane said...

Hello
Have a nice weekend.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Sounds like a great blog!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I did read and comment over at BryAntics for a couple of weeks - but in that time she never once visited or commented back ... *shrug* ... I gave up.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Loved her cat story and the Beatle music.

10:54 AM  
Blogger hope said...

As usual, you make me smile. Thanks!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Hey Dottore...that means DR. in Italian...but I'm sure you knew that since WI has a huge Italian background population...great post again man...maybe you think I'm crazy cause I just say man and the others call you in accordance to your position and standing in the community...I think in the end we're all equal and, do in life, what God decided for us to do..
You're a great person and I have a lot of respect for you and your family...how's the daughter doing?
reading your stuff...my 16 year old son always says: Hey Dad...how come you and mom always have the same answer to my questions....it's so gay
Go figure...!
Thanks Buddy...I enjoy and value your friendship very much

7:28 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I enjoy my visits when I visit Bryantics. Poetry is great and sometimes a fun picture is posted.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I almost always leave with a smile on my face and sometimes I'm even chuckling as I walk away.


--
Jenifer
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home