Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sleep Blogging

Today's Link
Wildflower Thinking

Saying for the Day
If a man had as many ideas during the day as he does when he has insomnia, he'd make a fortune. ~Griff Niblack

Picture for the Day
My Christmas Dragon from Grandson Luke

I haven’t slept well in the last few nights. I keep waking up and my knees hurt.
In the drawer in the little cabinet by the bed are some Ambien CR tablets that my lung Doctor prescribed for just such occasions. But I am a little wary of taking them. It seems they have side effects. One of which is sleep walking.
I have to admit that’s scary. I walk so poorly when I’m awake what would I do in my sleep. If I fall down can Betty get me up? Will I break something and I don’t mean part of the house.
Now the journal of Sleep Science says that same pill has caused some people to send e-mails while sleeping. One even invited people to a party at her house. The wording was crazy but the invitation was clear.
Now I’m not afraid that I would send e-mails. I hardly ever do that when I’m awake.
But blogging that’s a separate thing.
Wonder if I took the pill , went to bed, and two hours later still asleep I got up and went to the computer room. I would turn on the computer, go to my blog and type in an entry. Then I would publish it and turn off the computer. I would go back to bed and never knew it had happened.
So my dear blogging friends be on the alert.
If my blog is weirder than usual. No forgot that. I don’t think that’s possible.
If my blog makes less sense than usual . No forget that too. It makes so little sense most of the time now.
Instead if my blog is not weird and makes good sense I probably wrote it while I was sleeping.
Come to think of it I don’t remember writing this one.
Just don’t tell the people at the journal of Sleep Science.
News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Tommy UK goes out to the Lake of the Loons every day after school. He rides out on his father’s snowmobile. He wants Tammy to come with him but she says the whole thing makes no sense and she doesn’t want to be part of it.
What he has discovered is that the big hole in the middle of the lake that was formed when the whale broke through the ice is not freezing over. The ice on the lake next to it is getting thicker but the hole is not freezing.
The local DNR man took Tommy UK aside and asked what he had done but Tommy denied doing anything. The DNR seems as confused as Tommy UK.
Pastor Joan is busy working toward the next Oops crisis. Her sister, though not happy about the deceit is going along with it. She will have notarized forms from her by Monday. The Doctor is a bigger problem. She needs proof that Oops is autistic in the form of letter from a Doctor. She has no idea how to do that.
Further she still has to find somebody to baby sit Oops and someway to keep Oops from doing anything weird when the Social Worker comes on Monday.
The whole thing seems impossible.
Then there is the problem of Herman. Not that she isn’t glad that he has given his life to God. She is very glad but he is driving her nuts. He keeps stopping by the office and the parsonage with questions about obscure biblical passages. As if she had the answer to everything.

Wrap UP
A good breathing day. In the morning I called my old insurance office in Upper Michigan and canceled the policy as of February 11. Lots of memories associated with that office. Then I did some more organizing of my computer. After lunch Betty went for therapy on her arm and I began to take the decorations off the tree. We will finish the tree tomorrow ( I hope). Then I visited some links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************************

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My legs have been aching at night, too. I've discovered that taking ibuprophen before I retired and putting ActivOn topical analgesic on them when I retire helps quite a bit.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My legs are finally getting to a point where they do not hurt...I eat some low fat yogurt right before I go to sleep or try a banana...it is high in potassium and will help you to not void out all your potassium during your sleep.

Marlene

5:21 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Has Pastor Joan not thought of telling the authorities she is going to homeschool Oops?

5:31 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I not only have good ideas when I have insomnia, I have ambition. It leaves me somehow when I'm making my way, bleary eyed, from the bedroom to the kitchen.

A man in Wisconsin died yesterday be sleepwalking barefoot outside when it was 15 below zero.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

I'm laughing at you because it's easier than laughing at myself..my doc just prescribed Lunesta for me, but the blamed insurance company wants to make it Ambien, so there they sit and for THE VERY SAME REASON!~ I'm fearful of what I might get up to in my sleep! Oh well, seems I'll have to break down and take one eventually if I want a decent night's sleep...I'll let you know if it was a drive I took, or a meal I cooked!
Sandi

6:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have arthritis in my right knee from an injury years ago. Sometimes it wakes me up when I turn over at night. I don't think I would want to take Ambien from what I have heard about it. Stay safe. Cute dragons.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I had a collegue who was a sleep walker and when she was alone she attached herself with her foot to the bed ! I am serious not kidding, maybe that's a solution to take the pill and get rid of the pain and honnestly I would be very curious to read what you write while sleeping !

7:52 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhh my gosh! I can't even IMAGINE coming here and finding a SANE post! I would really worry!

You got GREAT dragons for Christmas! That one from Luke is soooooo shiny and shimmery!

I had to laugh over Pastor Joans "Herman Dilemma"... I think Pastor Paul has the same "Melli Dilemma"... LOL! His favorite line is... Melli, I'll get back to you on that! hehehe...

8:33 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Well blogger is at it again, getting some duplicate error message and to try again. So if you get two comments from me, somewhere in cyberspace the little Troll who watches it all is at it again.

I will keep you in prayer Dr John so as you have a full nights sleep and that you knees don't bother you like they are.

Blessings to both you and Betty and your family.

9:54 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

hope you get a good night sleep or wake up from the blogging slumber or... whatever, just keep the posts coming ;)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Carletta said...

What a pretty dragon, no dragons probably don't want to be called pretty now do they. Awesome blue dragon!
I've seen commercials for Ambien but never heard the stories. Guess I'll do some googling.
Hope your having a great day Dr. John.

12:49 PM  
Blogger loisontheweb said...

I've been leary of sleep inducing pills ... even tho I don't thing that I'm getting enough.

Maybe REST helps ... even tho it's not SLEEP?

Looking for hay for my deer-treets ... I called a Kudwa ... told him a joke about strawberries: My husband was asked if he could get some horse-manure to put on a strawberry patch ,,, he replied: REALLY ... on my strawberries- I like cream & sugar,

4:04 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

I like your dragon ornament. I think I'll say any blog entries I wish I hadn't posted were written in my sleep. There you gave me an idea. Just kidding. If I regret a blog entry I'll delete it and if someone has already read it, I'll say they must have dreamed it, ha.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I had to laugh at the saying for the day. How true!
Hope you get a better nights' sleep tonight.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I'm afraid that I can be a bit like Herman when it comes to asking pastors questions. I almost sent you something the other day about asking God for forgiveness even if you're not really repentant about what you've done. (Pastor Joan's lying about Oops) ;)

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already have a history of walking in my sleep! I'd best not take those pills or I might wake up dead some place!

8:26 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I'm grateful you had a great breathing day.

I wouldn't worry about blogging in your sleep... we love you anyway and who knows, it might be a fabulous post! I have trouble sleeping at night too - but I share your reluctance to eat sleeping aids.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home