Monday, January 12, 2009

More About Me

Today's Link
Pesky Moderate Republican

Saying for the Day
It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned. ~Frank A. Clark

Picture of the Day
(United from the archives)
Today we closed the " How well Do You Know John and Betty Contest".
You were supposed to pick out the false answers. Today that is easy because they are in red.
John
2A. confessed in a meme to playing Sudoku .( Said in a blog he hated it)
9A. Supported Obama.
10A. Supported McCain

20A. Flew to Finland and visited relatives.( Really wanted to)
22A. Bought the Lionel Chesapeake & Ohio Empire Builder Train Set (This looks like it might be true but the train set is Lionel's top of the line and costs over $2000. It's out of my class.)

Betty
3B. Went to Finland with John. ( If I didn't go she didn't go with me)
10B. Just loved Alex’s python ( She hates snakes)
Full lists can be seen by clicking here.
Now to the winners. I never list losers.
In First place Melli of Insanity Prevails.
In Second Place Karen Group , no blog
There is a tie for third and last place between
Catch of A penny for your Thoughts and Anita& Dave Holmes, no blog.
Each will receive a pricless prize. I promise to have them sent out by July at the latest.
Thanks to everyone who played. To bad we can't all be winners.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Social Services called this morning and asked to meet with Pastor Joan this afternoon. Pastor Joan agreed to meet the lady at the Church office. Then she sat down and went over her story again and again. This was scarier than meeting with her Bishop to discuss her first call. That had involved only her but this involves Oops as well.
Yesterday Tommy UK was out at the totally frozen over Lake of the Loons . He was trying to figure out some way to open up a space for the whale. Suddenly the ice began to crack and then flew in every direction and there in the center of the lake in a new opening was the whale. It had broken through the ice. Tommy almost danced he was so happy. But as it gets colder and the ice gets thicker can this continue?, he wondered.
Since Christmas Pigeon Falls has had a mini-epidemic. The clinic has been filled every day with people that had flue like symptoms. This is a small waiting room and those that had probably gave it to those who didn't. This soon became obvious to the staff and they decided that the secretary was to get the symptoms of those looking for an appointment and tell them to stay at home . They would send somebody out to visit them there.

Wrap UP
Had a good day today. My oxygen was up which is always good. I blogged. I did a little reading. In the afternoon we finally decided to tackle the living room which was in the same condiition it was in after the Christmas/ New Year's party. You couldn't move in it. We put gifts away. Took the decorations off of the fireplace mantle. Took down the card table. Did some flat lining ( moving junk from one flat surface where it doesn't belong to another flat surface where it doesn't belong but in a different part of the room. We did manage to clean about two thirds of the room.
My layout in the basement waits for us so patiently. Then I visited some links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*************************************

13 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Tommy needs to get the Pigeon Falls Snowmobile club to go out to the lake and run their machines round and round until they create enough "green house gas" to cause Lake of the Loons own mini global warming event.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I won! I won! Whoooo hoooo! A FABULOUS prize will be MINE by August! YAY! You know... the REAL prize is that I've gotten to know you and Betty! And that's not just a prize - it's a TREASURE!

House calls? ONLY in Pigeon Falls! WOW! I'm surprised that Social Services woman agreed to meet Pastor Joan at the office... I figured she'd want to come to her home. I keep telling myself God is in control here... but I can't help worrying JUST A LITTLE. I'm having "sympathy worry" with Pastor Joan. But I'm sO happy for the WHALE!!! Goooo WHALE!!! GO!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Dr. John!

I wish I could send the Lionel Chesapeake & Ohio Empire Builder Train Set to you. If I win this week's lottery you are SO getting that!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect post for my little announcement, Dr. John -- YOU are the winner of my Punny Monday contest! Whooo hooo! Come by and see your name up in lights (so to speak) and your blog button in my Sidebar!

Congrats!

---------------

I hope Pastor Joan took my advice to heart and contacted my friend, Ann, for a lesson in evasive communication.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

I did pretty well. I am really proud of myself.

9:59 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

well, congrats to the winners and yay to the whale!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Yes, that is THE top of the line Lionel train! Wow! (Gee, for that price, well, let's get two! Heh!!) I don't even think I can afford to LOOK at that set!

I laughed at the fact you did not support Obama or McCain! I ALMOST voted for the Green Party candidate this year ... then started thinking about the Libertarian and finally started wishing they had the No Nothing Party again!

Well, take care and thanks for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate it.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good day. I love the quote of the day.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Yes, like Carver said, I'm glad you had a good day. :)

6:49 PM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

Hey, I tagged you in a Mime Meme. I used the first sentence from your Jan 11th post. I hope you will come by.

I am so glad that the ice has broken, though we don't know how long it will last?

I never heard of that expression sliding, that was funny.

So hope that you get better with your breathing treatment.

Blessings

7:06 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Dr. John,
It was cool to see that picture of your church and imagine all the special moments you oversaw in that setting. Sorry I missed out on the contest, but it looks like you had a great response.
Tom

8:06 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

It's very late but I was just at Quilly's and came by to say congrats on being the Punny Monday winner!!!!!

You and Betty sound like me - I move things from one place to another but not completely put away. :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

and people say that women lie more than man ! look at all the red in your part !

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home