Monday, January 05, 2009

More of Me-A little delayed

Today's Link
Crow's Feet

Saying for the Day
If I'd known I was going to live so long, I'd have taken better care of myself. ~Leon Eldred

Picture of the Day
My Son Peter on New Year's Day

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...so wrote Charles Dickens of another time and place. He could just as easily been describing my last three days.
Friday was one of those wonderful days. I played with my grandsons and went shopping. One couldn't ask for more.
Saturday started off well I spent time with the grandsons but by lunch I was a feeling a little sick. So when the family decided to go to the movies I stayed home.
I wrote the blog for Sunday and set it up to post automatically and then feeling short of breath I went to bed and put on the breathing mask.
That's when my most horrible nightmare became a reality. I threw up, without any warning, into the breathing mask which blew it all over my face and as I pulled the mask off all over. I disconnected the tube to the mask but I still had to heave. So now I held the mask like a bucket and heaved into the mask.
When I stopped heaving I had a problem the mask had to be held at an angle to keep it from running out through the oxygen entry point onto the floor. But I needed both hands to get off the bed because of my knees. So I was stuck holding a mask full of vomit until my family came home which seemed like forever.
Then Betty took the mask and brought me a bucket which saw considerable use.
Yesterday the blog should have posted automatically but didn't.
Everything that could go wrong did. I came out of the bedroom only long enough to say good bye to my son and grandsons.
The family didn't get to church because our road was a sheet of ice and Pennie was sick. My son was delayed in leaving in the afternoon when the road had melted because he couldn't find his keys.

It was the worst of times.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Pastor Joan met with Nancy and Pigeon yesterday afternoon to get their stories straight. For the immediate future she would take care of Oops. She would tell people that Oops was her sister's kid. The one that lived in Oregon. Her sister was very sick and needed her to take care of the little girl until she was well.
First they thought of saying that Oops was mentally challenged but she seemed to bright for that so they settle on her being autistic . That would explain her being able to say only the one word. It also would explain not sending her to school since the local system was not set up to work with autistic children.
Pastor Joan used her key to the St. Vincent De Paul store, where she often worked as a volunteer and got clothes for her . They also decided that they would say she brought her to see the potato drop and she got separated in the crowd and the next think Pastor Joan knew she was in the potato.
They had all the bases covered.
Now if only Oops wouldn't do her other thing when people were around it would go well.

Wrap Up
It was a rough day. I did blog in the morning but then spent the rest of the day in bed or in the bathroom. Pennie is sick and now Betty is coming down with whatever it is. I feel like something the cat dragged in. I feel bad because I didn't get to visit any links. But maybe tomorrow. Now I need a breathing treatment but first I have to go the bathroom.
GBYA
*******************************************************************

18 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was praying that you were all right. I am so sorry that you were sick and had to go through that...

I do hope you are feeling better real soon.

Sending prayers,

Marlene

5:58 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

I am so sorry that you had to deal with that. I hope you will feel better soon. I love the quote of the day and photo of your son.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhh Pastor.... I'm sO sorry you were so sick. What a horrible dilemma. And on top of it all you had to miss church... :( I am sorry...

Pastor Joan is really stepping into it! I know she's excited to have a child... but ... lies... fabrications... she should knOw better... it's gonna bite her on the butt! Oops is going to do that other thing at just the most INopportune moment! I am very worried about social services finding out too... oh my... THIS is quite an interesting turn of events!!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Yecky on being sick.

I hope Pastor Joan stopped by the grocery store too and got some diapers -- for when Oops poops. (just had to say that).

7:20 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

OMG ! poor man ! must have been horrible ! hope it's OK by now !

8:46 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Oh, Dr. John! Sorry to hear you had the upchucks and feel-bads. That really was a worst of times period. Hope that you are much improved and feeling better.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I feel so bad that you had to go through this alone, I wish I was there so I could have helped you.

I hope you are feeling better Dr John, Prayers being sent.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

I hope your bout with illness is past! I know the feeling, believe me! And poor little Opps...I just want to hug her!
Sandi

9:25 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Dr. John.

I will pray for a speedy recovery. I hope you are feeling better even now, and will look forward to your return to more healthy posting.

Happy New Year!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Oh gosh! Dr. John, I'm so sorry that happened. How awful. I pray that you're feeling better.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, Dr. John! I hope you are feeling much better now! How horrible. I was almost sick with you just reading about it.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I so hope you are feeling better now. My husband was sick just before Christmas, but that was because of the office Christmas party. Stay well.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear you were sick, especially whilst you were on your own. :(

I trust you're feeling better now?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I wondered why there wasn't a post on Sunday morning. I had hoped you weren't sick. You were on my mind. I hope you are better today! What an awful time you've had. Get rest, take care! Let everyone spoil you.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

Dr. John, I have a little something for you at my blog. I hope you have not already been selected for this yet. Please come by and pick it up soon.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

I am sorry that you are sick. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I wish that you will be ok soon. Your son looks almost like a carbon copy of you.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh poor you. I sure hope you're feeling better by now. Sending best thoughts your way.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home