Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Organized

Today's Link
Living in Egypt

Saying for the Day
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties. ~Harry Truman
Picture of the Day

As we move into the new year I am trying to get organized.
I tried last year and failed but this year who knows.
What needs to be organized ?
1. My computer –
I can never remember what the file is called that I need. My files and my pictures are a jumble. So I intend to rename and organize everything.
2. My basement –
Despite all of last year’s efforts it is still a shambles. At Christmas we had a hard time finding the Christmas things and some we never did find.
3. My books–
My books are everywhere. They need to be moved to one location and sorted by type. I need one shelf just for unfinished trilogies. I bought a new bookshelf just for that purpose.
4. My blog–
I need to organize my coming topics so they make some kind of sense. Then I can gather information to fit the topics.
And last
5. Pigeon Falls–
I need to make a list of all the characters and the part they play. There are now too many to keep them in my head. For example I can’t remember if Pastor Joan’s husband has a name.
Well, I have a New Year in front of me and I am determined to get organized.
Wish me luck.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
The Tommy Club met last Sunday afternoon as well. Their very first meeting of the New Year and it went fairly well.
They turned down Tommy UK’s request to help save the whale. Tommy UK and Tammy got into a shouting match over that.
But they did accept his proposal they try to find out all they can about the man in black. The first thing they did was make a list of what they knew for sure.

1. He had been seen at almost all of the strange events in Pigeon Falls.
2. He sent Tommy UK home from Canada.
3. His fingerprint was in the FBI data base but marked classified.
4. The FBI told Eino to stop asking questions about him.
5. He can whistle.
That was the entire list . Based on that list they did some brainstorming. The following ideas were put forth:
1. He works for a secret government spy agency.
2. He works on some kind of secret government scientific team that uses Pigeon Falls to try its ideas on.
3. He is a foreign spy.
4. He some kind of terrorist.
5. He is an alien from outer space
6. He is from another dimension.
The consensus of the group was that he was either one or two.
The question now is how do you prove it?

Wrap UP
Well I am a bit better today. I got dressed and left the bedroom. I ate two meals. I watched television in the living room. But I still have an upset stomach and am spending far too much time in the bathroom. Also my oxygen was as low as its been in a long time. I did visit every one of my links.Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*************************************

18 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

The Tommy club wont help Tommy UK save the whale? I suspect they probably have a hankering for some blubber.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

I don't know, Dr. John. I believe that organization is over-rated.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

If you DO get this whole organizational thing worked out, would you then come help ME get my stuff organized? I think I'm ready to just throw it ALL out! I'm thinking STUFF is overrated! Of course, computer files must stay. I can't BELIEVE you've been keeping Pigeon Falls in your HEAD all this time! Boy! We don't have to worry about THAT brain! I thought for sure you kept a little notebook with all the info about everybody! WOW! You have NO idea how impressed I am... I'm serious.

You don't think the MIB is Ooops's DADDY do ya??? Ooooooo... I hope Tommy finds his answers!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Can you hear me snoring ? I am exhausted only from reading what you all have to do !!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Good luck on your organizing efforts. I need to apply myself seriously to getting rid of unwanted and unnecessary stuff. One organizing guru has stated, and I believe, that you can not(and definitely should not) organize junk.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

I am happy that you are feeling better. That is an impressive list of things to do. I hope you have lots of help.

#2. "He works on some kind of secret government scientific team that uses Pigeon Falls to try its ideas on." I think the man in black is experimenting with Pigeon Falls. I will have to think a while as to how to prove it.

I hope when you have time you will come to my blog as I have a little gift for you. I am having trouble getting this message to you. So I will keep commenting on it until you get your award.

You and Mrs. Betty take care.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Our kids got that exact same present as in your photo Dr John, amazing.

10:37 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I like the Harry Truman quote at the top of your post. I used to say all the time (I don't know whether I really believed it) that it is better to be a pessimist than an optimist because optimists are constantly being disappointed but pessimists are pleasantly surprised every once in a while!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Organising is very thereputic! :)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

You have big plans. We'll all keep reminding you to get busy. You can keep reminding me to lose weight. Tell me to get out there and shovel. It's good exercise.

Love the saying of the day.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I'm so glad that you're improved. And I love today's quote. I think that I'm adding it to my New Year's resolutions.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad you are feeling better and I will continue to pray for a complete recovery.

I want to share a blessing with you, Dr. John.

My job called me back off lay off yesterday and went back to work today.

Thanks for all your prayers!

Marlene

5:06 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

Your list for this coming year sounds a lot like mine!

Let's see... where did I put that...? if only I could find...? Heh!!

Oh well! To be honest, I can usually find what I want - eventually - but sometimes (often times) things are a bit of a mess. But at least it is MY mess so it is okay!

How does that saying go? I found it in the last place I looked!

Take care.

6:01 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Alex wouldn't give it back

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jeff B said...

I feel your pain when it comes to organization on the computer. E-gads, mine is a mess.

I think getting it under control is much like how you eat an elephant. One bite at a time, or would that be one megabyte at a time?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I once had a wonderful little book on organizing one's life and everything in it. Unfortunately, I keep misplacing the book.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Man in Black sorted it all out for me. I know know that Pigeon Falls is a town on one of the planets in the universe inside some kid's gym locker. If you don't believe me, just ask Will Smith.

8:57 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Oh dear, four out of five of those aims should be mine. Pigeon Falls is all yours.

I am hoping to organize my new computer much better than my old one. Photos, I spend hours trying to find one in amongst two years and a half years' worth of photos organized only by date.

Good luck to you and good luck to me.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home