Friday, January 09, 2009

Today's Link
Kat's Cradle

Saying for the Day
And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry

Picture for the Day
Betty's Christmas Bouquet


visited 8 states (3.55%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project


When I was visiting blogs yesterday I saw this on Sometimes Saintly Nick's blog. It represents where I have been in my lifetime.
I have been to:
United States
Canada
Mexico
United Kingdom ( England)
Belize
El Salvador
Nicaragua
and
Honduras

As you can see I have not been much of a world traveler. Even the map is deceptive because I visited just a little bit of Mexico and Canada.
That's why I like blogging. I can go all over the world without leaving my study.
It helps make up for my sheltered life.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Petrovich still hasn’t heard from his friends at the Russian monastery about the missing end to the driblet he is working on. Without that end the town would seem to be doomed. That is there doesn’t seem to be any way to defeat the evil that is coming.
Tommy UK is upset because Tammy had her lunch at school yesterday with Philip Maki, the football player. He figures he’s being dumped.
Why is it that girls go for those empty headed athletes?
Poor Pastor Joan is still looking for a sitter for Oops. One name keeps coming into her mind and she keeps deciding that it makes no sense.
Tommy TW has started on his third book. He has given it the tentative title of “ And the Piano Played On”. In it his hero Detective Castle is called on to solve the murder of a famous piano player who is shot while playing a concert.
All of Nancy’s saffron buns are now in the shape of hearts. She does the traditional shapes and the poltergeist reshapes them. So she has given up trying for other shapes. It must be getting an early start on Valentine’s day.

Wrap Up
It was a good day today. I am almost back to normal. I did some reading. I blogged. I put this week's bulletin up on the Church website. I looked at the words for the Wordzzle. They are just plain horrible. I visited some links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*************************************

12 Comments:

Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I have been to 37 of the United States, Canada (Ontario and British Columbia), Mexico, Bahamas, Bermuda, England, Denmark, the Netherlands, and Sweden.

One of my daughters-in-law is the real world traveler, though. As a dancer on cruise ships she has been to every inhabited continent, visited the Great Wall of China three times, Greece, Singapore, Taj Mahal in India, Johannesburg in South Africa. It goes on and on and on.

She is a quiet, unassuming person. You would never know.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Aww, those poltergeists are such romantics.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Gotta LOVE Dave Berry... lol!

I DON'T love that map! That map is depressing to me! See all that world? God made ALL that world! And I wanna see it! How much have I seen? weeeee small parts of 11 states. All within ONE country. UGH!

About saffron.... I was in the grocery store the other day buying some spices and NOTICED a bottle of "angel hair saffron" I believe it was called. I picked up the bottle and inside the bottle was a weeee little baggie with about an eighth of an ounce of these wisps in it. I thought this is saffron? I'd like to try a saffron bun... I've never had one! And then I looked at the price. $16.59!!! Could this really possibly BE the same saffron that goes into these buns? If so, I think they're more valuable than gold - and the poltergeist should be shaping them into bars!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Carletta said...

OH, Betty got a beautiful arrangement of flowers!

You are certainly more world traveled than me.
I agree with Melli - all that world - I'd love to see just a little more than these United States. Like you, I enjoy seeing it through the eyes of other bloggers. For that I'm grateful.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what the Poltergeist is trying to convey now? It's a bit early for Valentine's Day, isn't it?

9:41 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

well, you've travelled more than me, it seems... i've never been outside europe save for tunisia once.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

When and where were you in the UK Dr John?

12:26 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

It is a wonderful way to see the world without leaving the comfort of your Computer.

You are always to come visit in Calgary, Free Bus Rides, and depending on the route you may even see a train.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

In my book, you are well traveled! I am 54 years old (or is that 53 or 55 or ?? oh well..!) and I have been to (drum roll please!) Ontario, Canada! Period! And only 120 miles into country at that!! Heh!

So.... to see this list of countries you have visited is most impressive to me!

Take care, Mr. World Traveler!!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I'm so glad you're ALMOST normal! Have you ever gotten this close before?

7:40 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

The bouquet is so pretty. Betty must have loved it.
I haven't done much traveling outside the US. Just Canada and Mexico. I have traveled through several states but always had the same thought when I got back to Washington State, "There's No Place Like Home!"

8:56 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Pretty bouquet for Betty!! I havent done a lot of traveling, Ive done less than you. Ive nested right here in Ohio and here I shall stay!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home