Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Book is Done

Today's Link
Quoth the Rav

Saying for the Day
Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Picture of the Day
(Betty's Grand Nephew in Spain)

The Book is Done
I have finished reading Brisingr all 748 pages of it. I really enjoyed it.
Paolini breaths life into some really great characters and makes you care about them.
By the end of the book you so want Eragon to defeat the evil King .
Paolini fills the pages with a multitude of unexpected twists and turns that you just don’t see coming. Once you start it you hate to put it down to do the other things that life requires of you.
The only problem is that though this is the third book in what was supposed to be a trilogy it is not the last. Paolini decided that three books couldn’t hold the story so we have to wait for another book before the evil King gets his. That really isn’t fair to the readers.
I hate waiting.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Eino’s detective has told Eino there is nothing more that he can find. He is sending Eino some newspaper clippings about the piano and the piano player. He is also sending two posters that were used to advertise the concerts and a signed photo. Eino has decided that when he gets them he will place them in the museum with the piano so people can read the story.
In a strange twist small groups of people are showing up at 6:30 to listen to the piano playing in the museum and then watch through the window as the shoes dance. They aren’t even from Pigeon Falls. They come in on the late train and leave on the early morning milk train. The head of the museum board is considering opening the doors at 6:00 and selling six special tickets so people can sit in the room with the piano. It will help pay the museum expenses.
People are wondering what will happen to the whale when the Lake of the Loons has ice on it. Will it break through the ice ? Will it simply stay in the Canadian lake which being bigger never fully freezes over? Nobody seems to know. Perhaps , it can get the dragons to breath fire on the lake and warm it up.

Wrap Up
It was a rough day. My oxygen was down six points this morning. I have no idea why. I feel like the stock market. So I dragged the little oxygen tank most of the day. I started reading my new book. Betty and I worked on the layout. All the wiring is done and works. We might finish all the plaster work tomorrow. Then there will just be the adding of little details and it is done. I visited some of my links.
Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***************************************************

12 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

YAY for Paolini!!! Gives ya something to look forward to!

I want to come listen to the piano play... I bet I could even SEE her dance! (maybe... if I had a wee little morning Driblet... perhaps a Cafe' au Driblet... or a Driblet Latte!)

I forgot all about the lake freezing over! WOW! Well... I'm sure the whale has it all figured out... even if the humans don't!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

What a cute baby. I have faith the whale will get it all settled.
:)

7:30 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

your great nephew is an adorable baby.
and i'm with you on the waiting thing...say what you have to say and get on with something fresh, is what i say.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Wamma bet as soon as the museum starts selling tickets, the piano stops playing and the shoes stop dancing.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

What a precious baby!!!! I bet Betty cant wait to hold him...hes a doll!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad you enjoyed your Book Dr John, remember "Patience is a Virtue". And "All Good Things come to Those Who Wait".

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Pastor, Pastor, Pastor... your not using your noodle! Must be the lack of oxygen today.... Betty can have ALL the handbags she wants! You hang HOOKS under the train table to hang the purses on... then you STORE the train stuff IN the unused purses! Piece o' cake!

(you're welcome Betty!)

I truly am sorry to hear that your oxygen was down today... you're in my prayers for a MUCH better day tomorrow!

5:08 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

My husband and son constantly rail about these series and waiting for the next one and finding the old one to read before you can read the new one so you can remember what happened.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that was fast, I hope you are feeling better.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful baby.

I deleted my subdomain blog and came back to blogger.

robin (atomik kitten)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I've just been sent Brisingr and I'm about to start reading. That's the trouble with multiple books, they often keep expanding.

I think that's a great idea to sell tickets and help the museum fund - very enterprising.

4:08 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

coach outlet
goyard
balenciaga triple s
coach outlet sale
adidas iniki
off white clothing
michael kors outlet
rolex replica
bape hoodie
cheap jordans

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home