Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Monday is Me on Tuesday

Today's Link
The Pedalogue

Saying for the Day
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. ~Author Unknown


Picture of the Day
(From the archieves-click to read)

Monday is Me on Tuesday
Couldn’t do this yesterday because I was playing with words. That was fun.
But now another look at the real me. The dark print is my response.

1. October is here already. How did so much of the year get by me?

2. Unfamiliar noises in the night mean we didn’t take the dog back to Pennie’s.

3. Leaves are falling all around, it's okay because we got a yard man.

4. My favorite horror movie is Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein or was that a comedy. It scared me.

5. Days gone by leave only memories good and bad.

6. It was a dark and stormy night when my son Patrick had 105 degree fever. We drove through a blizzard to the hospital thirty miles away.

7. And as for the week, tonight I'm looking forward to NCIS, tomorrow my plans include blogging and working on the layout and Thursday more of the same.

Okay Psychological detectives dig out what you can bout the real me.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. All of Pigeon Falls is still buzzing about the revelation that Mrs. Trumble is or was Mary Maxim. Mrs. Trumble had told the audience the same story she told Tommy UK about how she ended up in Pigeon Falls.
Some people stopped at Nancy’s and said that Mrs. Trumble had lived a lie all this time. Nancy defended her and said there was no lie. She was Mrs. Trumble and she is Mrs. Trumble. The fact that she used to be Mary Maxim is really not that important.
Others in the town felt rather good about it all. Their Mayor was a rich movie star. How could you beat that. And she was doing a good job as Mayor. All of her previous connections hadn’t hurt anything. Instead they gave her access to governors and politicians that helped the town. They were lucky to have her.
Of course, she got a headline in one of those grocery store line papers. It said “ Mayor Exposed as Movie Star”.It also made the local television WLUC. They even started running Mary Maxim movies late at night. It wouldn’t be long before she became a tourist attraction. People will start coming just to see the movie star mayor.
Tommy UK still feels there is something else. Something she hasn’t told them. He wonders if she was trying to hide from somebody who now will find her. Perhaps an old lover?

Wrap Up
Another good day. My oxygen held about where it was yesterday. I did some reading. My sister Dawn called . Betty and I worked on the layout . The furnace man came.Both furnaces Pennie's and ours are now working well. I ordered a new engine for the layout. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***********************************************************

11 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

If Mrs Trumble becomes a tourist attraction in Pigeon Falls, she will need to wear a pink sweater and wave alot.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I feel sorry for the Mayor. She's been tucked away in Pigeon Falls for all these years living a "normal" life... and now the media is on to her. It can't be good... I wonder if there's another driblet...

6:41 AM  
Blogger Wendster said...

You are reading the same book my son is right now. He can't put it down.

How fun that you have a small town in your basement and the creative imagination to go along with it to create stories about what goes on there. Nice job on the recognition ... also I like your sayings!

Wendy

8:18 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I liked the unfamiliar noises statement. In our case, it means Breanna is not home because the dog sleeps with her at night and when she is not home, he sleeps with us and gets on and off the bed a gazillion times a night.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Every good soap opera has at least one character who either has multiple personalities or dies and comes back as someone else.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

More Great Answers, I always learn something new when I visit here and read these.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were super answers!

1:06 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

i'm not a psychologist but i can tell you have many talents.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Our house doesn't have a furnace! Whatever will we do this winter? No wood stove or baseboard heat, either!

9:37 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Dr John,
if you cannot answer a man's argument, best save your breath

10:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

or maybe just maybe
it ain't worth arguing

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home