Monday, September 29, 2008

More About Me Monday

Today's Link
Alas My Dear


Saying for the Day
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble in the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher


Picture of the Day
(Our roses -Taken Saturday)

More About Me
Melli is back. To celebrate I borrowed her Friday fill in for my Monday share the me.
The light black is the original and the dark black my fill in.

1. Finishing the second part of the layout, reading three books, and visiting Pete and Lori are some of the things I'm most looking forward to in October.

2. Sometimes my oxygen is up and sometimes it is down.!!!

3. Everything fails sooner or later and that's why there is a saying, "never say never"!

4. When I'm down, I pray.

5. Reading, working on the layout, or blogging is where you'll find me most often.

6. A rainy day is good for the flowers in the back yard.

7. And as for the week, tonight I’m looking forward to a breathing treatment, tomorrow my plans include working on the train layout , and Wednesday, I want to finish my book.

Now you know a little more about me ( very little more)

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Eino got his first report from his friend in New York . It seems that Bob Koivinen’s great uncle got the piano in an auction. Some of his neighbors said they used to hear him playing it at 6:30 every morning, always the same song. That was until he had the soundproof room constructed and put the piano in it. His other relatives said that he never went in to the room. When asked about the piano he would get a funny look on his face and say “I’m giving that to Bob when I die”. They all thought that was strange because he hated Bob. Bob had told him that he was a self centered bag of wind and after that he never talked to Bob again. Eino’s detective saw the will an Bob was the only one he left a specific item. Everything else was to be sold and the money shared equally among all the relatives except Bob. It was really weird.
Now the detective was going to check with the auction house and try to get more information on the piano.
Tommy UK is looking forward to Saturday and Mary Maxim day. He has to keep the secret just a few more days. At the last meeting of the Tommy Club when the subject of Mary Maxim came up he almost let it slip but he didn’t. He hasn’t even told Tammy. He alone knows what Mrs. Trumble has planned for that day.

Wrap Up
It was a good day. After blogging I got some reading in. But the afternoon was all layout. We have the trolley barn about half finished. Then I visited some links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************************************************

8 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

You're right! I learned very little about you today! I already knEW most of it!

ROFLMBO! I love the way Bob's uncle thinks! (thought!) I mean... if you're going to be a vengeful person, you might as well do it RIGHT! Right?

Tommy hasn't even told Tammy yet? WOW! I've never known his will power to be SO strong! I'm proud of him!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

Tommy UK is doing so well!

Your roses are beautiful.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

We always learn something about you Dr John when we visit. Wishing you and Betty a Blessed Day.

10:57 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

although black is black and can't be anything else, i enjoyed your meme.
the roses look very pretty, too

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and slowly we learn more and more.

1:25 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

I think you are rubbing it in with those rose photos!
What did we do before we spent our time in front of the computer?

4:21 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Just what do the Tommys do at the Tommy Club meeting?

4:49 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Soon, I will be able to do blogging at a higher speed. I will have a lot of time. And I have to, if it is just to reach you in number of posts. Which I doubt I ever can. I am reaching my 300th post. But you must be somewhere in stratospheric numbers by now.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home