Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Here- Brisingr

Today's Link
Jenny on the Spot

Saying for the day

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown

Picture for the Day



It's Here- Brisingr

It’s here!
It’s here!
The new Paolini book, . Brisingr is here.
The last of the trilogy.
I have waited for this book.
Now! It is here!
It is a huge book, over 600 pages. Twice the size of most science fiction books.
It is a heavy book.
In it the story of a dragon and her rider will unfold.
In it good will fight evil and it will be clear which is which.
I was afraid he wouldn‘t finish it while I was well enough to enjoy it.
But he did!
It‘s here! I hold it in my hand.
Today I will begin reading it.
If .I don’t visit my links today forgive me. I will be lost in another world. If this is like the other two volumes I won’t be able to put it down.
It is here!
Life is good.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Tommy UK spent part of last evening trying to convince Eino to use his contacts in new York to get information on the piano. Tommy UK can’t do it himself because he is in school and can’t take the time. Besides he doesn’t think his father would pay for a trip to New York. But Eino has friends and even family in New York .
At first Eino resisted. He didn’t think the history would help much. But Tommy UK has as way of wearing people down. Since Eino doesn’t believe in ghosts Tommy Uk suggested that the great uncle might have been some kind of scientist and did something to the piano. Before the evening was over Eino gave in as he always does. So Eino called his cousin Max and arranged for him to hire a private detective to get information on the great uncle and the piano.
Next week is Octoberfest and all over Pigeon Falls arrangements are being made. Pumpkins are being gathered for the traditional opening pumpkin toss. The temporary stage is being set up next to the gazebo. The theater is being cleaned and the projectors checked. The Mary Maxim movies should arrive on Tuesday. Even the Fly Inn is being spruced up. Everything is about ready.
Petrovich is upset. It seems that one of the mixed drinks now being served at the Fly Inn has been named “The Driblet”, three glasses and you have visions of your own. According to Petrovich this dishonors the memory of the great seer who drank because of the visions not to have them. He has threatened to sue the owner of the Fly Inn.

Wrap Up
Well I spent most of the day reading but not as much as I would have liked. Betty decided it was time to go through the three feet of catalogues and throw out those that we would never used. She insisted I be part so I wouldn't complain later. Then she dragged me downstairs to measure for the things we have to buy at Menard';s tomorrow. Then my sister called. But I did get some reading in and the book is as good as I expected it to be. But I did visit a few links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*******************************************************************

14 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Does the new drink The Driblet, come in a goblet or a dribble cup? I think a dribble cup is more appropriate.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Is the Driblet positively intoxicating - or can I try just ONE and still be okay? I always like to try the house specialty drink! I would LOVE to try Punkin' Chunkin' - but my shoulder has been really sore lately... I better pass this year.

Enjoy Brisingr! I'll see you in a few days! LOL! (I know how good a GOOD book can be!)

6:48 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I love big books. Irwing Wallace's ones where at least 600 pages: The Word, The Man, Seven Minutes and, and, and.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

I love the shot and quote. I always enjoy your stories.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

Great "Saying for the Day"!!!

I am SO looking forward to reading Brisingr! That young man had real talent.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great day reading!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Enjoy the book! I love to read a good book, but never have the time anymore. :(

10:47 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad the book you were waiting for has arrived, enjoy.

12:59 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

that sounds like a book i would enjoy... but first have to finish another couple of volumes of about 900 pages (the first being The Gormenghast Trilogy)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Getting rid of those catalogs will free up lots of space. The new ones for the upcoming Christmas season are already migrating in.

5:39 PM  
Blogger MedStudentWife said...

Books that bring you into "another life"... I alawys have a hard time deciding if I should try to gulp them down in one or two "eatings", or savour them like a hard candy.

Enjoy your treat :D

5:53 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I don't even look at the catalogues anymore, they go right in the recycle bin. Happy Reading!

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your book is easier to read than some of the U.P. history books I had from the Crystal Falls library last winter! Some were pretty hard to chew.

11:10 PM  
Blogger jennyonthespot said...

Hi! This is jenny from Jennyonthespot! Just want to thank you for the link - what a lovely treat! :)

Blessings :)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home