Monday, September 15, 2008

A Look Inside my Head


Today's Link
Kookaburra's Place


Saying for the Day

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Picture of the day
(Archives-Pennie week-click on picture for larger picture)


A Look Inside my Head

Usually on Monday I steal a meme, that is I borrow a meme, from Melli. But she is out on a beach somewhere with Ella so I have nothing to borrow from. I decided therefore to use the nine words plus one from Raven’s challenge to tell you something about me. Those of you who have taken psychology 101 or 202 can think of this as a verbal Rorschach test. I will try to respond to each word in terms of something about me or my life.

spam – When we weren’t eating illegal beef during the period of World War II rationing we ate Spam. It was horrible. I hated it. Now I Get spam in my e-mail it is also horrible and I hate it.

Problematic
-How fast my lungs will deteriorate is problematic.My lung expert really doesn’t know.

Flower Girl– I was never a flower girl but my high school yearbook for my senior year lists me as a “Hoop Girl”. I had a hard time forgiving the kid that caused that listing to happen. In addition my youngest sister was the flower girl at our wedding.

Splurge– At a train show I felt the need to splurge and bought an expensive G scale Lionel train. I could never bring myself to run it. I didn’t want to hurt it. It was my Lionel.

Milk– To be honest I never really liked it.

Orphange– The last orphanage in Upper Michigan closed when I was little and Michigan went to a foster care system. My mother took in foster babies. Sometimes four at a time. Since they left my sister and I with the kids when they went to town I was ready to be a father when I got married.

Lyrics-There are lyrics of Bible Camp songs that I still remember. I used to sing them in the car when we went on trips. My kids were not impressed.

Politics-All I can say is politics upset me.

Ice Cream Cone– One of my best memories from my youth is riding my bike from my grandmother’s down to the Dairy Queen. You got a big cone for a dime in those days.

Cactus-I tried to raise some cactus I bought at WalMart but they all died.

There you have it. Enough material for a small paper on my mental health or lack of it.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The people of Pigeon Falls are beginning to feel pretty good. For well over a month things have been going pretty much the way they wood in any small tow. Well that is if you ignore the whale and the dragons and must people have learned to do just that. They simply accept them as part of everyday life.
But there have been no new stone people, strange creatures, men in black or things like that. Not a single building has vanished and all the trees are just trees and aren’t moving to surround the town. There has been no communal dream in which everybody dreams the same thing and no soldiers marching down main street. There hasn’t even been a write up in a tabloid in the last two weeks. No! Life is back to normal.
So Pigeon Falls people are back to doing what people do in normal little towns. They are looking to see who is doing what and talking about it.
Nancy has pretty well squelched the rumor about Russel McGregor. She did it with the truth. But the ladies at the beauty parlor have moved on to other rumors. The latest one being that Irvin Gaylord bought a new fishing boat! A 42 footer. This is a weird rumor because there just aren’t any local lakes to use a boat that big on. He would have to go to Marquette. But with gas at $4.50 a gallon Grace would never allow it. You know how frugal Grace is. Come to think of it she wouldn’t let him purchase the boat in the first place. She controls the money in that house. How do these rumors get started? Next they’ll be saying that Irvin and Grace are headed for a divorce because she wouldn’t let him have the boat. As far as as Nancy knows he doesn’t even fish.

Wrap Up
After I finished blogging this morning I went to Oshkosh with Betty. She needed a followup mammogram. I spent the morning reading in the waiting room. She was fine. In the afternoon I added this week's Bible study to the St. Mark's website. Went to add the sermon but had some problems converting it to make it web ready. Then I visited all my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

9 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

No doubt Irvin is just going through a midlife crisis.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

Rumours are great at inventing themselves - they don't need help!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ugh! SPAM! The bain of my existence -- on ALL counts! I don't know how either kind remain legal!

So... The Gaylord boat IS just a rumor? I figured it was... Jack down at the Marina told me Irwin was asking if someone could PAINT "Rumor" on the back of it... seems that is the name he has chosen!

8:50 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Hope you had fun in Oshkosh b'Gosh!
I have camp songs in my head, too. I'll bet some are the same. Politics frustrate me, too. I do care and now have a horse in the race, as they say, but I've never been more frustrated at the venom and utter hatred and we have 50 days to go! I will be glad when it's over.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does everything associated with spam have to be bad. Someone needs to cultivate a new Rose and name it spam, that would be good.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I love milk. And I used to sing also when I drove my car. And my kids where not impressed either. And yet I sang the pop tunes en vogue. I was disappointed. Because I am a good singer.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad Betty's mammogram was considered satisfactory. I hate taking them and retaking them is doubly worse!

Milk is one of my favorite things. I sing in the car and I still sing camp songs. Sometimes I sing camp songs in the car. Usually I sing them while I clean the house.

1:40 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I adore reading your memes, borrowed or not.

Spam grosses me out.

That really sucks about your lungs :(

I don't like milk either, although I did when I was a kid.

I still sing in the car - the songs my parents taught me when we were on car trips.

I love cactus.

Thanks you for your blog - I love reading it.

10:27 PM  
Blogger j said...

I have spent a while reading your blog. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent here this morning.

Be blessed.

Jennifer

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home