Friday, September 12, 2008

A Place to Relax


Saying for the Day

- Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

The Daily Picture
(From the archieves my three kids)


Robert's Picture Challenge
(Show you something that is relaxing to me)
Pictured above is the most relaxing thing for me in the house. It is , of course, my walk in bathtub. Not only does it have a door and a seat. It has wonderful spa jets. That means it’s just like going out and resting in a fancy hot tub. The jets can be set to give a wave effect which is very relaxing. Just think of all the money I save because I don’t need to go out to a spa or to a motel hot tub. It even has a feature that allows me to put in just a few inches of water and massage my tired feet.
My dragons like it because they can come with me. They don’t like to be seen in public.
The only thing wrong with it is I bought one with a door that opens in. This takes more water than one with a door that opens out as you need room for the door to get by your legs. The walk in we had in Crystal had a door that opened out. The only thing wrong with that is it could be opened with a full tub and make quiet a mess as my son Patrick proved.
In any case door in or door out. It is very relaxing.

News from Pigeon Falls

The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.

Yesterday Pigeon Falls had a moment of silence to remember the attack on September 11. For that time you could have heard a pin drop anywhere in Pigeon Falls. This town like any small town may have its problems but most people care deeply about the country.

Russel McGregor stopped in to Nancy’s on his way to work this morning to get his thermos filled. Nancy said it was cold enough for his pink shirt. He looked sort of sad and said “ I don’t have that shirt anymore. Bonnie gave it away to St. Vincent De Paul four months ago while I was out. She never liked that shirt. As soon as I found out I went right down to St. Vincent De Paul but they had already sold it. I wasn’t surprised it was a great shirt. When the twins get old enough we’ll take them to Disney World and I’ll get another. She was pregnant and having a rough time so I couldn't’t get mad.”
Poor Nancy ! Now she knows the rumor that Russel is having an affair isn’t true . She had helped spread that rumor
How do you stop a rumor once it gets going?

Wrap Up
In the morning another retired pastor and his wife visited. We spent a nice hour and a half in good fellowship. We just don't get enough visitors. I called my sister and let her know our cousin Mary was back in the hospital. We had a nice conversation. Then I visited blogs that were doing Robert's challenge. After that I read and then I brought St. Mark's website up to date with the Sunday's bulletin. Found out I'm listed as doing a children's sermon. Pennie said not to worry I'm a backup.I'm worried. I then visited my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

20 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Nancy, Nancy. Free coffee and saffron buns for her customers for a whole year.


I had wondered if there wasnt a problem with the tubs with doors that open out.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Wow ! the first time I see a blogfriend in his bath !! and with dragons instead of the traditional ducks. Your bath tube description sounds very interesting, especially the doors. I have to climb in my bathtube which becomes more and more difficult due to my old age, lol !

5:15 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Sounds wonderful. I so want to get a hot tub to put out on the roof (patio) but they're obscenely expensive in Israel and I just can't justify it right now. I made very good use out of my parents' one when we were in the States last month though.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

We had the bath taken out and a shower put in (actually, the Council gave a grant for it to be done) as climbing in and out was so difficult. I'd love one like yours. Wave action? Oooo, lovely!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Perhaps one day, I will have a tub like this. Perhaps with a wider board so that I can put my whiskey on it.

I like your profile picture and the caption. Me too, I don't grow old. Not that I refuse. I simply stay young. And that is fun.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

The jets would be very relaxing! I bet that's a wonderful feature of your tub.

And I really like your saying for the day, I'll have to write that one down!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Carletta said...

There's that tub we saw in the door challenge! Hearing you describe its features makes me really think it would be wonderful.Especially if dragons love it!
Have a relaxing day Dr.John.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the coolest tub ever! Lucky you.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

I have been coveting one of those for a while now but can't afford it. Glad to hear testimony that they are good. I'll keep it on my dream list.

As for Nancy's question. Much harder to undo rumors than to start them.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

You had pointed out to me that I was short a word in the wordzzle exercise for this week and I said I was going to just leave it that way. I just decided to add an optional 10th word... Cactus. Sorry for the confusion and indecision.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Anndi said...

That's what my bath needs... JETS!

Do the dragons worry about falling in and having their fire put out?

My daughter LOVES dragons by the way and says she wants to study Dragonology.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

I love the saying of the day. I definitely laugh at myself a lot. Great shot from your archives of your kids and fun to have a shot of yourself in the bath with the dragons. Happy weekend.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

There seem to be a number of bath-themed photos today. I would've been one of them, if we still lived in the old house. Nevertheless, how wonderful to have a nice deep tub with jets. Aaaahhhhhh. :D

5:10 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Damoff said...

Thanks for the comment, Dr. John! Nice to meet you. :)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I Loooooooovvvvveeeeeee baths...

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very jealous of your walk in tub! I can't think of anyone who deserves all that luxery more though. Computer has been broke since July, I'm certainly happy to be back checking in on all my friends!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I have a conventional tub but use the shower because I feel cleaner.
Dragons? Well at least they aren't snakes!
It looks like you are tasting that one nearest your mouth.....

9:02 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhh Praise the LORD, I shall ALWAYS be amused!!! YAY!

*covers my eyes!* DR. JOHN!!! Beefcake photos from a retired PASTOR!!! I'm shocked! LOL!

I knew Russell was innocent! The gossip is getting viscious! But... I DID hear that Irvin Gaylord bought a new fishing boat! A 42 footer!!! And I heard it was against Grace's will! What do you think he NEEDS a boat THAT big for?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Oh that does sound relaxing!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Kristel Guise said...

That sounds really relaxing, Dr. John. There are good walk in bathtubs with doors that open out. I like how you describe the feeling of just sitting there while enjoying your hot tub without having to go out. Prices of going to spas or motel are quite expensive, you know. I really hope you're doin' fine today, sir. as I have noticed that you haven't been writing some posts.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home