Thursday, September 18, 2008

But I Procrastinate


Saying for the Day

If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it. ~Olin Miller


Picture of the day

(Archives-Pennie week)
High School
College Graduate School


But I Procrastinate

If you asked me what one of my worse traits was I would say without hesitation “ Procrastination”.
I procrastinate a lot.
For example three weeks ago I was going to write about my procrastination but I put it off until today.
A nice lady offered to send me a book with history of the old Sumoi Synod and I really wanted it. I was going to send her back an e-mail with my address but I still haven’t.
I procrastinate.
Another nice lady offered to clear up one of my pictures and I thought that would be a good thing but I still haven’t sent her a response.
I procrastinate.
If I’m going to vote this November I need to get a Wisconsin Driver’s licensee .I’ve known that since last April but I still haven’t done it.
I procrastinate.
There is a kit that I intend to buy so I can run a G scale train around the flower barrel. I have been intending to order it since I bought the barrel ( half barrel to be exact). But I still haven’t done it.
I procrastinate.
I have a long list of things I have put off. But I’ll tell you about those another time.
I procrastinate.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Poor Eino , his belief in a rational universe is beginning to collapse. He can’t find a rational explanation for a piano that plays itself and shoes that dance with nobody in them. Yesterday, when he went back to his office, that tune kept running through his head.” On Top of Old Smokey”. It had been his Aunt’s favorite song. She sang it at every family gathering that he could remember. She always cried when she sang it. But the ghost couldn’t be his aunt ( if there was a ghost) because she couldn’t play the piano or sing either if you came right down to it. Then he began to wonder if ghosts could develop new talents. It was her favorite song after all.
Today Eino is thinking a little clearer and he has begun to wonder why was Petrovich there art that time in the morning with a telephoto lens on his camera? Could Petrovich have set this all up? Did he know about Eino’s Aunt? Perhaps there was no ghost at all, just Petrovich up to something.
Nancy’s poltergeist is back. It has taken to refilling people’s coffee cups. If their cup is almost empty the coffee pot just floats over and refills it. How weird is that? Even weirder people don’t seem bothered or surprised by it. In Pigeon Falls Nancy’s poltergeist is like an old friend. The only one’s who get flustered are tourists. The look on their faces when it happens is priceless. In the end , though, it has been good for business. The tourist tells his friends or her friends and they have to come and see for themselves. Nancy’s poltergeist has sold a lot of coffee and saffron buns.


Wrap Up
Rough day. My stomach was upset when I got up and remained so for most of the day. Charge card called to tell us somebody charged $130 pair of shoes to us on the internet and they declined the charge. Which I suppose was good news. They then canceled the card and are issuing us a new one.It wasn't even the card I use for internet orders. In the afternoon Betty went to Bible study and I took a nap. My sister called. Then I visited all my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10 Comments:

Blogger Dragonstar said...

procrastination is a way of life. If you put something off long enough you may not need to do it at all!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Eino's belief in a rational universe has begun to collapse? LOL -- It is amazing that it has taken this long for that to happen seeing as he has lived in Pigeon Falls so long.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Are ghosts and poltergeists a seasonal thing? Petrovich IS weird... I was wondering what he was doing there too...

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I have a story I want to tell you about procrastination. Ask me about it later.

And I am so glad the poltergeist is back. I missed it!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

I am continuing to love the shots of Pennie through the years. I may have to do that with my daughter some time. I sure have a ton of shots covering her 23 years. Ah, procrastination, that's my middle name. I've stopped worrying about it which helps.

12:55 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

My dad taught me the meaning of procrastination one morning when he was shaving. It was then that I learned one of the truths of my self definition. I procrastinate in just about everything I do, except for eating dinner. I'm glad to know I'm in good company Dr. John ;)

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Procrastination is my first, middle and last name. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

It makes us who we are. Without procrastination we wouldn't be us, right?

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I procrastinate too. I hate that I do that because your quote is true, the littlest job becomes a monster in your mind the longer you put it off. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

When I was in my teens, I heard about a procrastination group you could join but if you filled it out and returned it too soon, you were not in the group. Here it is 30 years later and I have yet to send in the form!

8:31 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

ps: I sure hope your tummy feels better manana.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home