Tuesday, July 08, 2008

An Award

Saying for the day:It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference. ~Tom Brokaw

The “Arte y Pico” award was created and to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and their talents, whether it be writing and/or artwork in all Medias. When you receive this award it is considered a “special honor”.

Worldman has bestowed this honor on me. I know that in truth I don’t deserve it but I am thrilled to receive it. Thank you Worldman.
It now becomes my difficult task to pick five others to receive the award. It is a difficult task because I can think of fifteen blogs that deserve the award and I can pick only five.
But here they are:
1. A Planet Named Janet– Janvangogh is an artist. I venture to say a great artist. She has introduced me to a variety of art forms . In every format her creativity shines through.
2. Quilly’s Pacific Paradise– Quilly is a most creative writer and photographer and comes up with brain destroying contests. Plus she writes fairly decent sermons.
3. Patterns of Ink– Tom is a gifted writer that brings his family to life on the printed page. He takes us back to another age and shares the wonder of a good family with us.
4. Insanity Prevails– Melli makes everyday living an adventure. She can take the most ordinary event and turn it into a funny tragedy.
5. Never Wanted Nothin More– Stacy shares her life with us. The good times and the bad. She helps us see both the joy and the pain of family.
I feel good about this list but feel bad that I can’t award ten more because I know ten more blogs that deserve the award.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal . With the return of the whale to the Lake of the Loons without Tommy people were convinced that Tommy UK was dead . If he was alive and the whale was back then Tommy UK should be back.
Nancy , having just returned from Canada called her friend there and asked if they had seen somebody that might be Tommy UK. But her friends hadn’t seen or heard anything. They of course do not live on Kootenay Lake but ten miles away.
So Mayor Trumble and Pastor Joan are playing a big memorial service for Tommy UK. Mrs. Trumble reminded the town council that Tommy UK was Mayor when nobody else would take the job and had served well. All over town people were telling Tommy UK stories.
Tommy UK’s father told Pastor Joan and Mayor Trumble that he doesn’t think Tommy is dead. He doesn’t feel like Tommy has died and he knows in his heart he would feel it.
Pastor Joan says that he is in the denial stage of grief. The memorial service will help him accept the fact that his son is gone.
So the planning for the memorial service goes on. It will be held at the Lake of the Loons. It will include placing a wreath on the water in Tommy’s memory. Then people will have a chance to share their memories.
*******

Today's Link-The Color of Home- A real ghost story.
It was a nice day. Betty went to Bible study. I made banana bread. It turned out great.In the afternoon Betty worked on the bedroom I copied all blog entries to print out and send to my sister Dawn. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
Betty's great nephew in Spain.


  • 14 Comments:

    Blogger Janets Planet said...

    Thanks for the award.

    So hasnt the train arrived in Pigeon Falls yet?

    4:46 AM  
    Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

    Dr John you are truly worthy of the award that Peter from Worldman has given you. He also honored me witht the same aware, I am truly humbled to be in the same company as you.

    A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

    4:46 AM  
    Blogger Dragonstar said...

    Congratulations on your well-deserved award Dr John!

    Methinks that memorial service could prove interesting.

    7:19 AM  
    Blogger Melli said...

    Ohhhhh dear... I knOw I don't deserve that award - but I will humbly accept it with much thanks! It is nice that you get such a kick out of my miserable little existence.

    I hope Tommy UK gets back quickly before his memorial actually takes place... otherwise Pigeon Falls might mistake HIM for the next "hoax"! Is it REALLY him? Or is it his ghost?

    Aren't babies great? There is nothin' like 'em!

    7:34 AM  
    Blogger Family Man said...

    Well Deserved Award Dr. John. You also chose excellent recipients. I have now read tham all, and will be adding them to my blogroll!

    ~Best Wishes,
    Family Man

    7:48 AM  
    Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

    Dr. John,
    I'm honored first to know you as a friend in cyberspace and second that you would give sugh a kind hat tip to POI. Thanks for stopping by, Family Man!

    8:23 AM  
    Blogger juliana said...

    congrats on the well deserved award.

    9:11 AM  
    Blogger Stacy said...

    Thank you, Dr John. I'm honored and I'm sure, undeserving to be in such great company.

    9:26 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dr. John -- thank you for the award and the wonderful words that came with it. I am touched.

    10:20 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Nice work Dr. John. And baby is adorable.

    10:28 AM  
    Blogger Carletta said...

    Congratulations on the award Dr. John!

    12:32 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dr. John -- I just posted something I believe you will want to see. I plan on putting my Wordless Wednesday up soon, so you may have to scroll past it.

    7:15 PM  
    Blogger jmb said...

    Congratulations Dr John and all good choices as you awardees.
    We all love baby photos, thanks for the slide show.

    8:55 PM  
    Blogger tsduff said...

    You DO TOO deserve that award... I am always inspired by all the stuff you manage to cram into each post, day after day.

    3:31 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home