Friday, December 07, 2007

Day 5 of C and the End

Saying for the Day-"A good word costs no more than a bad one."-- (English proverb)
Well this was the week of the great experiment. Santa, a lady this time, gave me an early Christmas gift. Cindra was her name and eighteen words were her gifts. That’s right eighteen words. All week long I played with them.
Most of the words were fun but she damn well could have left out a few. Not that I’m bitchin since I don’t behave that way. I leave that to old hags who shamelessly read naughty books and then complain about them.
No! I just love words. People use words for lots of things. Some use them for lying saying “ I never inhaled” or “ It wasn’t me that kissed her under the mistletoe.
Some use them because they are needy and want things. The meek, no longer so meek but empowered by words.
Some of us just play with them . Furiously piling them one on top of another until they look like a pile of cookies about to fall over.
The nice thing about words is I can sit on my patootie and use them. With my railroad track I have to go all the way to the basement.
So this week
Monday I did a diatribe.
Tuesday a mythical beginning
Wednesday A dream
Thursday a detective story
And Today a simple report of the week
All with the same eighteen words nestled inside.
And what I have done I will not undo.

Of course I didn’t do a poem but I’ll end this section with a bit of doggerel .

Cindra gave me eighteen words the other day.
Eighteen words with which to play.
There was Santa, Christmas, and Mistletoe too
Then damn and bitchin boo ho, boo ho
Kissed and shameleslly sounded alright
But naughty and patootie had me up tight.
Behave ,furiously , and track do call
Not one needy word should ever fall.
As meek as I am not given to lying,
Even old hags couldn’t keep me from trying.
Now this I have done and will not undo
But surely I’m glad this week is through.
I will go eat some cookies with milk no doubt
And because its over stand up and shout.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. THE ACLU lawyers told Mrs. Trumble that it wasn’t over yet. They were going to go to the county seat and check the records. If they find that Pigeon Falls transferred the property to circumvent the Court order they will be back in Court. Mrs. Trumble replied “ You can look all you want but there is no man behind the curtain so you are just out of luck. Perhaps, next time , when an honest person tells you something you will believe them.
If somebody ever writes the history of Pigeon Falls this chapter will be entitled “ Saved by Greed”. It seems that a long time ago the town of Pigeon Falls offered to buy that center lot from Bullfrog Jupola, that’s Eino’s father. Bullfrog , who was always looking to make a buck, thought that someday when Pigeon Falls grew that piece of property might be worth millions so he refused to sell. Well the town didn’t grow much but the property stayed with the Jupolas. The tree that was just a little tree then grew to become a good size tree. About twenty years ago one of Eino’s friends suggested they decorate it. It would look nice and be good for business at the garage. Sometime after that, Eino, who is a member of the Liar’s club had the gazebo built so the Liar’s club band would have a place to do public concerts. He also charged , a little, for private events held there. Then Eino’s Church , Last Lutheran, suggested the space in front of the gazebo would be a great place for a manger scene during the holiday season . Eino agreed and the Lutheran got together with the Methodists and purchased the best manger scene then available. At no point was the town as a legal entity ever involved. Eino’s crew from the garage trimmed the tree. They put the ornaments people brought in on the tree. The churches set up and took down the manger scene.
Sometimes greed is not such a bad thing.
*****

Today's Link-The Great Quill Driving Competition- because that's where my toys for the week came from.
It wwas a very good day today. My oxygen level was up so I really didn't need much help from the little tank. I worked in the basement while Betty cleaned house. The first module is starting to shape up. We went shopping in the afternoon at Menards and Hobby Lobby. When we came home I found that there must be something in the air because some of my eBay items went for really high amounts. Now I need a breathing treatment. Well Betty says I'm getting one even if I don't think I need it.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Without Eino
There would be no
Tree.
It rhymes.
Gee.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

My goodness are you creative today! I'm afraid I'd still be sitting with pad and pencil and scratching my head.

9:07 AM  
Blogger GW said...

Well, THAT explains the departure from your usual style! LOL!! Have to say, these last several posts have been bitchin'.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU are one gifted man, Dr. John! These are great. Thanks so much for the shout out as well! So sweet of you.

1:10 PM  
Blogger OC or Q said...

I'm sending a whole crate of Lava soap your way. I trust Betty will know what to do with it when it arrives!

-Quilly

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sitting on your patootie is good for your blog; it's getting so fancy! It's good to hear of you enjoying your tours for shopping, etc.... the CITY does have some advantages!
Maybe it'll get cold enough in Pigeon Falls that the ACLU will head for warmer climes?

12:56 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

And a kind word will always get you far

4:42 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Wow, I had no idea but now it all comes together. Great job Dr. John.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home