Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Day 3 of C

Saying for the Day:Dreams are necessary to life. Anais Nin

This is the video of the tree I promised you.




The following dream has been shamelessly edited to fit this blog both as to length and content.
I was a kid again. No arthritis! No pain! But not no problems. I had just spoken , out loud in the presence of my mother the words damn and bitchin. She was standing there furiously shaking her bar of lava soap. Ugh!
Well I couldn’t undo them or to be more exact unsay them. So I did what any sharp little boy would do. I ran and hid.
“Come back here “ my mother screamed “ Christmas is coming and Santa doesn’t give gifts to naughty boys who don’t behave. She always knew how to play the gift card.
I was hiding in the feeding track in the cow barn when the whistling noise started. In real life my bi-pap mask had worked loose and the noise was intruding into the dream. I stopped opening my double bubble gum, the one with the cartoon hags, and tried to find the source of the noise.
There in the doorway under the mistletoe was Nancy Stetson, cutest girl in the neighborhood. I never thought why is there mistletoe in a cow barn ? I was just a needy little boy who had never been kissed. So I jumped up and said “ Hi Nancy”
She said “ Mrs. Linna he’s here ”. That meek little girl turned me in. How could she.
“Nancy, I said you are a horse’s A—” but thinking my mother might hear and already being in enough trouble I substituted patootie for the A word. At that point my mask became so loose that I was forced to wake up. Which was a good thing because there is no way I wanted my mouth washed out with lava soap.
I resolved then and there not to eat so many chocolate cookies with raspberry centers before going to bed.
Pleasant dreams everyone.
#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Mrs. Trumble and the town lawyer received a summons yesterday to appear in Federal Court today. They were either to show compliance with the injunction or show cause as to why the town shouldn’t be fined. Mrs. Trumble said it was an inconvenience since she and Fred had already answered the charges in writing. But they would do what they had to do. So sometime today Mrs. Trumble and Fred will face the ACLU lawyers in court. It’s like David against Goliath and one is afraid that David doesn’t have any rocks.
Despite this little problem life in Pigeon Falls goes on pretty much as normal. People are buying Christmas gifts and decorating lawns and doing all the things one does in the holiday season.
Jack is getting ready to close his Sauna and go For his usual two months in Florida. He is one of several Pigeon Falls snow birds. They fly south every winter and send home warm e-mails. They used to send postcards but you can send a lot more pictures by e-mail.
The old timers are saying that all the signs point to a very cold winter. Some of them can tell that from bugs and bark. Others measure the fat content on bears killed during the hunting season. But whatever the sign it seems to point to a long cold winter.
****

Today's Link-The Loony Bin-Outrageous but True-- One Mother's attempt to raise a family.

7 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Dont stir up trouble with that long cold winter prediction.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

To be a kid again, even if only in a dream, was a real Christmas gift! I'm laughing about your comment about the lava soup. I bet you were one ornery little kid back in the day. ;)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Love your tree and train.....I fell off my stool watching the tree going one direction and the train going the other direction, I must have equilibrium problems.......(as well as spelling problems)....haha

Your dreams sounded pretty good up until the bar of soap, I love good dreams, but isn't is amazing how quickly they can turn on us.

I had one of my Grandmother the other night, I asked her if she knew she was dead, and she said yes. I asked her if she was in heaven, she said yes, but that it wasn't exactly like she had imagined. She said that you go into a swarm. that is the word she used, I spend all day trying to figure out how a person that you dream about can use a word that never occurred to you. Well anyway.....I love dreams they keep me close to the people I love who have moved on........although I wish I could control my dreams.

Sorry I haven't been around lately, but my blogging goes in spurts....and lately I have been doing Christmas stuff......

12:28 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

The Dream within the Dream.
Life is the dream (or nightmare) within the dream

Reality might be an illusion, but it is so cold, hard, harsh & real - it often brings us down with a bump.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, those cookies sound worth it to me;-)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

What a fun dream. At least you got to have all the naughtiness and none of the consequences. :)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a sweet little tree. I love the train ornaments too.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home