Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Day 2 of C

Saying for the day: You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.Mark Twain

Why do people blog? Here is one man’s answer.
It was the summer after the horrible Christmas. The one where there was no Santa, no gifts, no cookies, or even family for the old man. Nobody kissed him under the mistletoe not even the old hags that passed as nurses . He took his turkey dinner through an IV drip lying in a hospital bed. But he knew that was done he could never undo. So he sat in his study and cried shamelessly. He needed to get his life on track. But what track?
That’s when the naughty , little drunken elf showed up dancing furiously on his desktop. “ It is your bestiny to dlog” it said in a meek little voice. “ My what?” said the old man. But the elf had passed out in a pool of his own vomit. The old man, though knowing, it was the wrong way to behave picked up the needy little elf and dropped him head first into the coffee cup.
Having been fished out of the coffee the elf slowly regained consciousness. “Damn” he said and “Damn” again. What was that bitchin stuff. Never mind the old man said patting the elf on his coffee soaked patootie. Tell me what you wanted to say to me. The elf thought for a moment and then said , “It is your destiny to blog.” And at that point a magical golden keyboard appeared along with a book “How to get Even with the World by Blogging”. Of course one might think it was just another one of the old man’s hallucinations caused by two much CO2 in the bloodstream. But there was the book it was no hallucination and the keyboard. He knew in his heart it was his destiny to blog.
Just in case you think that this refers to this blog because I’m old forget it. The start of this blog has already been documented and my loyal readers know how it began. No! This is the story of a similar old man , perhaps in a parallel universe caused by a black hole pulling on the edge of this one. But in any case that is how he got into blogging. Bloggers are a strange and complex lot.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Mrs. Trumble is pointing to Sunday’s events as proof that the dragon is evil. It melted a TV camera. Somehow disrupted a live TV feed, and burned away two tires on the TV production van. Does the town need any more proof that the dragon is evil ?
Tommy UK responded by saying the TV crew was viewed by the dragon as attacking him. Even so he didn’t hurt any of them only their equipment. Some people even thought they got just what they deserved. He thinks Mrs. Trumble should accept the dragon as part of Pigeon Falls.
People stopping by Nancy’s coffee shop are divided on the issue. Some see the dragon as a danger to everybody while others see the dragon as the town hero. It has made for very exciting talk over coffee. The poltergeist is on Mrs. Trumble’s side and much to Nancy’s dismay has been pouring a free second cup of coffee for people who are against the dragon. The coffee pot just floats over and fills up the cup. The poltergeist has been around for so long people are no longer startled by it . In fact one thinks that some come for coffee just to see what the poltergeist will do.
The word is that the national TV executives cut out all references to the dragon and simply ran thirty seconds of the dedication under the heading “ Small town takes on the ACLU. In the meantime the entire crew has been fired for drinking on the job and making up wild excuses about dragons to cover the damage they did while drunk.
*****

Today's Link-Shazzam- Because I like the title.
A good day I guess. Peter came and we got the Christmas decorations for outside up and out. He also cut another piece for one of the layout tables. Will we ever be happy ? The rest of the time was spent trying to repack eBay items to save the buyers some postage. I will be so glad when the last item is sold. We also took a movie of the tree for tomorrows blog. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting story about why and how we decide to blog. There is a little of all of us in this story.

Maybe the Pigeon Falls needs a visit from the Ghost Whisperer?

6:50 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I think the dragon is getting its cues from a rabbit friend of his named Harvey -- or a singing frog.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I decided to blog when I hurt my knee and was told to sit-and-stay-sat for six whole weeks! I had to have something to keep me in that dang chair!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I don't know why I blog - or started. It was way more than I expected but I'm glad I did.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I started blogging because of a friend, Jeopardygirl....and then I got Mimi into blogging!!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I was hoping all the way through the first part of that, that you weren't talking about yourself! I can't imagine you not being surrounded by all kinds of loved ones if you were in the hospital.
I started blogging because I kept seeing the word "blog" everywhere and got curious enough to find out what it was...the rest is all upcoming posts...

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home