Saturday, November 24, 2007

Not that Dr. John

Saying for the Day- If you tell a lie, always rehearse it. If it don't sound good to you, it won't sound good to anybody.Leroy 'Satchel' Paige

I am sitting her wondering who this DR. John I read about on blogs yesterday is. I know it isn’t me. He , the Dr. John on the blogs, is a candidate for Sainthood. While, me, this Dr. John who blogs, is a sinner who asks God for forgiveness every night for the things I did that I shouldn’t have and the things I didn’t do that I should have. You haven’t seen that Dr. John. But that’s ok . I don’t want you to see me as I really am because then you might not love me. In fact you might not even like me. None of us really wants others to see us as we really are.
The nonsense of the week , however, did remind me of one important truth. There is one who has come as close to seeing the real me as anyone can or ever will. The good news is she still loves me.
A long time ago God looked down and said to His angels. “I have a job for that Linna guy but there is no way that he can do it on his own . So I’ll send someone to show him what my love is like. Someone to set an example of real faith. Someone to love him as he is with all his faults and all his sins. “
So he sent Betty. And for all these years she has been my teacher in the faith, my partner in the task. One who knows Dr. John , who is both Saint and sinner. One who has loved me no matter what.
Now if that isn’t a miracle. I don’t know what is.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Kivi&Maki has the big sign in their window that counts down to Christmas. They have also added an extra toy section. Not as good as those big department stores but good for Pigeon Falls. The kids are all excited. Soon they will not only have a week off from the school prison but they will have new junk to play with during the week. Christmas is a win , win situation for them. For Wink’s Woods and Kivi&Maki it is a chance to increase sales. They sell more in the month of December than any other month of the year.Kivi&Maki even expect to sell that horrible talking Moose head. Some lucky fellow will find it under his tree this Christmas.
The start of that count down puts pressure on the Pastors and the Priest. They know they are expected to write the super sermon for Christmas. If somebody only goes to church once a year they have a right to expect that the one time will be super. That expectation puts a lot of pressure on the preacher. So the preachers of Pigeon Falls are getting ready.
Petrovich and his wife are getting ready to travel to Green Bay so that he can worship in the Russian Orthodox church there. He goes every Christmas and every Easter. During the year he sometimes worships with the Lutherans and sometimes with the Catholics but in his heart he will always be a Russian Orthodox as were his parents and their parents. Once he even considered becoming a Russian Orthodox Priest. But then he decided that God had more important work for him to do.
*****

Today's Link-Assistant Blog- A man pays to have a song written for his dead cat.
Today we mailed out four of the items I sold on eBay and Margaret's prize from last week ( nobody ever said I was fast). Betty and I spent most of the day working in the basement. She is sorting houses for the layout and trying to find the skating rink. I am laying track and doing some wiring. Little by little it is coming together. Though it looks like I have to pull one table and shorten the legs ( much easier than making them longer). Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Betty is wonderwoman.

Oh no! Petrovich thinks his quest to interpret the driblets is God's will for him. Best not let the townsfolk get wind of this as I am sure that some will beg to differ.

Tho maybe it could be that it was God's will that there be Petrovich bobble heads. :-) Without the driblets, they would just be another guy with a big head.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Betty is certainly a dear blessing and I haven't forgotten about her. (Snicker)

Who knows, maybe I'll get her birthday right.

Imperfect or not Dr. John, if it ever was a crime to be a Christian you would certainly be tried and convicted for it. You love us bloggers for who we are, sins and all and never judge us.

As a preacher you aren't the kind that makes unbelievers run in fear and dislike of Christianity. Instead you spark their curiosity to wonder what is this unconditional Love all about.

Betty and yourself have displayed this grace countless number of times.

But I know - that even in your imperfections it is the Lord who empowers the both of you. He is the perfect One who lives within the both of you. So much so that when I see Betty or yourself, I see Jesus.

That's not entirely your fault. =O)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I think it works both ways, he sent you to her for a reason, too. (Who else could she make train tables with?)

8:59 AM  
Blogger GW said...

Oh, Betty, Betty. You are God's gift alright. Howie's the gift God gave me. He knows who we need, and who needs us. :)

Hey, Dr. John -- Do you have your Pigeon Falls stories published in one place? I would love to read them from start to finish, and catch up.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, that has to be one of the nicest love letters I have ever read. God blessed both of you and all of us when he brought you and Betty together.

11:41 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Lol, how can we ever know for sure whay is real & what is not, what is 'truth' and what is 'false' or a lie ...

I hear Santa in the red & white suit was a very successful Coca-Cola advertising campaign

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course your a sinner, you are human!!! Now if you are not human, then we might have a problem ;-)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh sweet friend i know, we know you are human with its beauty and failings that it entails. i'm sorry if i made you feel uncomfortable in my post. i admire you for your commitment to your friends and for your courage and for your sincere and honest approach to life. for your openeness and willingness to welcome us all into your world no questions ask. these are the reasons you are special, not because you are perfect. you keep on serving Our Lord, picking yourself up and us along the way as needed, that is what makes you special.

it seems God was doing things as good as always when He saw Betty and send her to you. for it was the same when He saw you and send you to her. and that friend is what makes you both special, that in a world where the morals and values of family and love are not often followed, not only you both have them but you have chosen to happily share them with each other.

not one of us is anywhere near perfect. we all know right from wrong and too often choose wrong but some of them do these things and don't even look back to what we have just stepped on. some don't even care or have any conscious about our wrong doings.

is the people that care and feel the sorrow of contrition for our own sakes and Our God that are lucky. for we still are not perfect but at least we are trying.

i love you, warts and all (just a saying) as you are and i thank you for loving your family and being a great grandfather for i was once a little girl who looked up to my own and that has stayed with me all my days.

God Bless child of God in your journey with its valleys and hills and through the many curves.

xooxo

ps. sister came out of surgery well. in lots of pain but with good meds to control it..yuppii!

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home