Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Saying for the Day- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart

It is Thanksgiving and so I thought I would make up a list of that which I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful that God in his grace has given me another day Having been almost dead three times I have learned that life itself is a gift .


2. I am thankful for Betty who is my wife, my nurse, my driver, my inspiration. God saw I needed an angel to guide me as I sought to serve Him so he sent me Betty.



3. I am thankful for my three children Peter, Pat, and Pennie. Over and over as Betty and I have needed them they have been there for us. One could not ask for better children.


4. I am thankful for Lori. I could not have a better daughter in-law.


5. I am thankful for my grandchildren. They bring laughter and joy to an old man.


6. I am thankful for my sister Dawn. Who, despite the fact that I haven’t always been nice to her has always been there for me.

7. I am thankful for Curtis who has become a good friend with many talents.

8. I am thankful for all the people I meet on a regular basis with blog. You let me see and touch a bit of your lives and in the doing continue to grow.

This list is not all that I’m thankful for but contains the most important items.
It is Thanksgiving so make up your list and then give thanks to God.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Mrs. Trumble has put forth a list of things that the people of Pigeon Falls are or should be thankful for.

1. They each have their own dreams instead of the common dream they once had.

2. The temperature is no longer below zero all the time and snow comes and goes.

3. The town is no longer occupied by the Army.

4. There are no new dragons or big White Rabbits to worry about.

5. The town has both light and darkness not ever lasting night.

6. That there are no new driblets from Petrovich.

7. That the train still serves Pigeon Falls.

8. That Pigeon Falls has returned to normal.

Mrs. Trumble wishes all who live in or care about Pigeon Falls a Great Thanksgiving. But then she wishes a Great Thanksgiving to all those who don’t live in or don’t care about Pigeon Falls. Her Thanksgiving wishes don’t discriminate based on where you live or what you like.
So to all from Mrs. Trumble and the people of Pigeon Falls:

Happy Thanksgiving

********

Today's Link-Betty's News- Because Betty wants to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving
WE had a great Thanksgiving. After I blogged and discovered that my birthday had moved from May 21 to November 21 we decided this would be my official birthday and a half. Then we went to Peter's house for thanksgiving. Lori had a great meal assisted slightly by her mother. The dogs were very happy to see each other but their antics caused us some pain. Then we watched the Packers win. After that came the annual canasta game, Betty and I against Lori and Pennie. Pennie and Lori were ahead most of the game but in the end Betty and I won. Now we are back in Neenah and I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

24 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dr. John.

...AND a Happy Birthday!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday.

I think if I were Mrs. Trumble, I would knock on wood after reading that list.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I am over from Mimi's blog. I just wanted to stop by wish you a happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful birthday!

I am thankful for the following:

1. My husband and my children and my friends
2. That I can be a stay at home mom
3. That I have a home and food to eat
4. My dog Chloe, my cat Neal
5. Good health

5:53 AM  
Blogger SavRed said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving from down Savannah way!

Margaret never steers me wrong!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dr. John! And Happy belated Birthday as well!!

I hope you and the family have a great day!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hey now, I'm six months off? I thought....

Oh shucks. Well, Happy Birthday anyway. See you're old enough now that you can have 2 Birthdays per year.

Thanksgiving is now "Dr. John's Birthday II - The Sequel."

6:56 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Came by from margaret's. I know I haven't been round for awhile but when I heard it was your birthday, I didn't want to miss out on the cake and to wish you a very Happy Birthday.

Now, if it isn't your birthday, I'll still wish you a grand thanksgiving.

Keep on rocking and keep on blogging.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Well, I came by to wish you Happy Birthday too, but I see a little bird misinformed me :-) So, I will wish a very merry unbirthday to you :-) And Happy Thanksgiving. You are indeed blessed.

Cheers,
Josie

7:23 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Oops! Don't feel bad Margaret.

Dr. John,
Happy Birthday Anyway! If you look in yesterdays post. I sent you this comment very early this morning. I have a house full of company and wasn’t sure that I’d get to pile on here with all your other Thanksgiving guests.

You are one of the few people in the blogosphere who has sent me “proof of life” as they say. I once won one of your famous drawings and you sent me a blue porcelain hippopotamus in the mail. My daughter has it in her room. Since one of her favorite Christmas songs is
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, it was a great gift from a friend I’ve never met. Thank you for single-handedly pulling together this strange “congregation” of imaginative friends from theIsland of Misfit Toys

7:36 AM  
Blogger GW said...

Good morning, Doc, and happy thanksday, as it is. :) Our Christmas tree was assembled and decked out by Howie (AKA Mr. Christmas) last night, so I guess today is Thanksmas here in our home.

I'm thankful that my election day car wreck wasn't more serious, that I have a loving family and friends, and that my MIL's pastor said we could host our THanksgiving dinner in the church's fellowship hall today. That is a BIG blessing considering our tiny house and the 20-odd people we expect. What a relief! :)

Have a wonderful day. I appreciate you!

7:42 AM  
Blogger GW said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:43 AM  
Blogger GW said...

P.S. Did you know your site is the number one search result if people Google for the words dr john blog? That's how I got to ya today - my shortcut straightaway.

7:44 AM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy family, frends and turkey. Happy Birthday, too.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprise! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday. I bet in a million years you weren't expecting that today.

9:25 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Happy Thanksgiving
and
Happy Birthday to Dr John.

Hope you are having a great day
hope you are having lots & lotsa fun

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday Dr. John. I count you, Betty and Lori among the people I am most grateful for. Your family has brought me much joy over tha past year.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving Dr. John!!!

I miss you! Hope your doing well!!!

Honey

6:30 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Well is it your blimmen birthday or not?? Im really confused now LOL.
If it is..happy birthday
and if it isnt..happy birthday;)
Hope thanksgiving was wonderful for you and Betty.
I thankyou for being such a faithful commenter and fellow blogger.
Youre a good man Dr John!

6:58 PM  
Blogger bettygram said...

I know it is not your birthday but it is a Happy Thanksgiving. I am very grateful for you.
With much love.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

you have a present over @ my home...xoxo

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Dr. John I hope you had a very Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving too...Janet sent me!
I think you are blessed to have such a wonderful and loving family!!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Belated wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Half Birthday! Hope your day was great.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Hello Dr. John.

I am sorry I missed your birthday, though I was "warned" by somebody who left a comment to one of my posts. But my best wishes for you, even a few days late. And I hope that we will still be able to enjoy your writings for a long time to come.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home