Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Meme

Today's Saying
Spring, summer, and fall fill us with hope; winter alone reminds us of the human condition.
~Mignon McLaughlin


Saw this Christmas meme at Melli's and thought it would be good to do.

1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss.
How can you be against gingerbread? If you won’t eat it build a house with it.

2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family?
Certainly. That’s why I moved to Neenah. ( You thought it was to get away from my UP relatives)

3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed?
Scrooge, of course! He is the very embodiment of Christmas.

4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life?
Pick any Scrooge movie made before 2000.

5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of?
I don’t get out and only play CD’s so I enjoy all I’m listening too.

6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime?
By remembering them all year long.

7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"
No! I use my terms growing out of my faith and others can do what they want. Life is too short to let others upset me.

8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month?
One

9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?
You got to be kidding. If my Christmas gets any whiter the house will be covered.

10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.
I got a wonderful Marx 027 Train.

11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month?
Not a single one. Who wants a pitiful old guy with a walker at a party?

12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?
By remaining centered in the Christ of Christmas.




Mrs. Trumble is glad that Robert loved her and Tommy UK enough to quit being a Guardian of the Universe. But she feels bad that he had to give up so much. He gave up aging so slowly that he might have lived for a thousand years . He gave up the augmentation of his power losing his ability to detect and control magic. He also lost the ability to create a doorway to another dimension anywhere he wanted it.
It was good that he had powers that were his from birth like Tommy UK and didn’t have to give those up.
Now they are planning on getting married on or near Valentine’s Day 2010. The only question they have is should it be a small quiet wedding or a big community wide celebration. She is, after all the Mayor, and a big celebration might be in order. Plus the community has gone through so many bad things that a big joyful celebration might be just the thing it needs.
Petrovich finds himself coming back again and again to driblet 172. He knows he has translated this already. He thought it had already taken place but something keeps pushing it to the front of his mind. Whatever the force is he doesn't understand it. It's true they couldn't identify the woman or the twins but there were two sets born at that time. Either one might be the one from the driblet. Yet the force that usually drives him to the driblet that he translates keeps pulling him back to 172.

17 Comments:

Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Happy firt Winter Day My Knight... And Happy week
See you tomorrow though!
;)

2:25 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I've never understood why people get worked up about XMas or holiday. X (The Greek "Chi") has been used as an abbreviation for Christ by Christians for hundred of years. And Holiday is from Holy Day. How are either of these antithetical to a religious Christmas?

2:57 AM  
Anonymous limo hire said...

Merry X Mas and Happy New year ...to all..

3:47 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Your answer to #6 is perfect! May we all do the same.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

#11.. I do!

I think Mrs. Trumble and Robert should do what makes them happy for their wedding. They can have a big reception for the town! But I'm going to have a hard time getting used to Mrs. Trumble having a new name! Or will she retain her maiden name??? Petrovich is going to find trouble again... no matter WHICH driplet he looks at!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Re #11 - you'd be welcome at a party at my house anytime Dr. John! :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

I love your attitude of "live and let live" ALL year long!

I have a meme for you at my blog, if you feel like it.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree with you on number 6. It's something we tend to forget a lot of times.

Oh a Valentine Wedding...can't wait for that. :) Gonna be fun.

Meery X-Mas, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays...take your pick :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Tsk Tsk on #11! Stop thinking of yourself like that. I for one have never thought of you like that. Ever. You are Dr. John and you live in a fortress. You ride a stallion and you charge forth (albeit at not a full gallup) but still you ride your mighty steed and you carry your lance (in the basket naturally) and you inhale mighty powers up your nose that make you invincible. See!

As for the driblet 172. Has he noticed that it adds up to 10?

Just a few thoughts this snowy morning.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

#6 -- Amen, Dr. John! I keep telling people that, too.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Go big, Mrs. Trumble! Go big!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the meme...great answers!

I'm with you too...I'm fine with whatever people want to tell me whether they say 'Happy Holidays' or 'Merry Christmas', my response is always 'Merry Christmas' because that's what I celebrate!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

I love the idea to make a house out of gingerbread. LOL!
We're ( most probably) going to have the first white Christmas since 1986! We haven't had that amount of snow in years!
I love your answer on #7. I absolutely agree.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Really liked your Meme responses here. However, I do have a question for you. How old were you when you got that train for Christmas? Must have made a pretty lasting impression considering I think you mentioned something about still playing with trains didn't you?
Peace!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Xmas is okay with me although I do know and respect and revere the true meaning of Christmas. I also like the slogan, "keep Christ in Christmas."

I used to wish in the Wish Books--Wards and/or Sears--about getting, somehow, one of those neat electric trains. I am not sure when that was but I did like it that the pages stayed in the outhouse. The train ads were on slick paper.

I have never had an electric train.

I hope the marraige turns out fine. This is a fairly short courtship but it's not like those two were strangers.
..
Merry Christmas, to you and to the Mrs. and the other family there around you. :-)
..

10:13 PM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You are wonderful Dr John.
Merry Christmas!
<><

7:19 AM  
Blogger aya ahmed said...


https://companymoversinjeddah.wordpress.com/
شركة غسيل خزانات في جدة
افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
تنظيف خزانات المياه بجدة
تنظيف خزانات بجدة

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home