Spring, summer, and fall fill us with hope; winter alone reminds us of the human condition.
Saw this Christmas meme at Melli's and thought it would be good to do.
1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss.
How can you be against gingerbread? If you won’t eat it build a house with it.
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family?
Certainly. That’s why I moved to Neenah. ( You thought it was to get away from my UP relatives)
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed?
Scrooge, of course! He is the very embodiment of Christmas.
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life?
Pick any Scrooge movie made before 2000.
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of?
I don’t get out and only play CD’s so I enjoy all I’m listening too.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime?
By remembering them all year long.
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"
No! I use my terms growing out of my faith and others can do what they want. Life is too short to let others upset me.
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month?
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?
You got to be kidding. If my Christmas gets any whiter the house will be covered.
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.
I got a wonderful Marx 027 Train.
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month?
Not a single one. Who wants a pitiful old guy with a walker at a party?
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?
By remaining centered in the Christ of Christmas.
Mrs. Trumble is glad that Robert loved her and Tommy UK enough to quit being a Guardian of the Universe. But she feels bad that he had to give up so much. He gave up aging so slowly that he might have lived for a thousand years . He gave up the augmentation of his power losing his ability to detect and control magic. He also lost the ability to create a doorway to another dimension anywhere he wanted it.
It was good that he had powers that were his from birth like Tommy UK and didn’t have to give those up.
Now they are planning on getting married on or near Valentine’s Day 2010. The only question they have is should it be a small quiet wedding or a big community wide celebration. She is, after all the Mayor, and a big celebration might be in order. Plus the community has gone through so many bad things that a big joyful celebration might be just the thing it needs.
Petrovich finds himself coming back again and again to driblet 172. He knows he has translated this already. He thought it had already taken place but something keeps pushing it to the front of his mind. Whatever the force is he doesn't understand it. It's true they couldn't identify the woman or the twins but there were two sets born at that time. Either one might be the one from the driblet. Yet the force that usually drives him to the driblet that he translates keeps pulling him back to 172.