Saturday, December 19, 2009

Six more Words

Today's Saying

Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase. ~Erma Bombeck



I don’t always check my facts.



Parents and children started lining up on main street at 9:30 this morning. They would have come earlier but it is a bit on the cold side. At 10:00 Toivo, looking just like Santa , showed up with his reindeer and his sleigh. He had his big bag of candy canes and was hollering out Ho Ho Ho. One little girl asked her mother if that was the real Santa Claus. A child somewhere in the crowd gurgles out:

Святий Миколай і сани піднімається вище будівлях зараз.

Suddenly Toivo, the reindeer and the sleigh begin to rise and he continues to rise until he is higher than the Masonic building. Then he rides to the end of the street turns around and flys back over the delighted children.
“ It is! It Is! The real Santa” , one kid cries out.
Toivo turns again and rides to just above the Santa house where he is supposed to give out the candy. The problem now is he has no idea on how to get down.
Suddenly he finds himself lifted from the sleigh with his bag and floated down to the house. It seems that Robert , Tommy UK’s father, was aware of the problem and used his power to get Toivo down.
Toivo handed out candy canes to awe struck kids . To them he was now the real Santa. He was there on the streets of Pigeon Falls and his reindeer were parked in the air above the building. Kids who had quit believing in Santa took up believing again. They saw him with their own eyes.
At noon Robert slowly put Toivo back in the sleigh and Toivo drove the reindeer in the direction of the Bergall farm. Just as they got there the sleigh began its descent and Toivo’s time as Santa was over.

22 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Erma Bombeck was speaking for herself in that quote! LOL!


Well HOW COOL is that! That child probably had Toivo believing he's the real Santa! LOL! Robert got there just in the nick of time!

4:05 AM  
Blogger brandi said...

~what a wonderful story...all it takes is one to person to brighten the day..brightest blessings~

4:10 AM  
Blogger Matty said...

Nice analogy.

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erma speaks the truth :) Now I'm confused...I didn't think Robert had his powers any longer...but what a ride for Toivo :)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Fact-checker’s nightmare:
someone who seems not to care
that the truth’s out there.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I'm a total fact checker!

5:46 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

We all do a little 'magical thinking' now and again.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Gloria Baker said...

Nice history and nice blog! blessings! gloria

6:07 AM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Love Erma Bombeck, don't love shopping.

6:21 AM  
Blogger ellie said...

Factually accurate or not, you tell a good story, Dr. John. Merry Christmas to you and Happy 6WS!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Great story Merry Christmas
Caroline

7:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the quote today Dr. John, it sets the stage quite well for my day of shopping. I hope I survive!

God bless!

7:37 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Ahhhhhh - Thanks Dr. John. You brightened my day.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Dr. John, I would never argue with one word you say. Your hard work here makes up for any discrepancies.

I am so glad that Santa made a very wonderful and realistic appearance. You remind me of the days when I believed in Santa.

In the seventh grade I was sitting on Santa's lap and he said to me, "Didn't I see you playing down by my pond this week?" Yes, I had been down there, Santa was a neighbor. It took me a while for that to sink in before I answered him.

My sister was in the second grade and that year she figured things out too.
..
BTW, I have played golf in New Hampshire when the course (not open of course) was half covered with snow.
WE USED ORANGE BALLS.
..

10:23 AM  
Blogger Call Me Cate said...

Facts are optional when there's a story to be told!

Thanks for playing 6WS!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Oh no. I must say I do not completely agree with the saying. Thank God not all men like football. Thank God Not all womwn like shopping.
I am one of those rare few who don't like shoppings or crowds and only like men who do not like football. ;)

11:56 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Bombeck put inot words everyhitng I despise about shopping. If there are crowds, I'm somehwere else!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

No shopping for me, thanks! For me the crowds and the rudeness are not conductive to a Christ-centered Christmas!

Well, the little girl made Christmas exciting for the kids in Pigeon Falls. I'm sure glad she didn't make it exciting for the emergency room, too, and that Toivo didn't have a heart attack. Of course, none with a faint heart could live in Pigeon Falls!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jazzbumpa said...

Facts are truth. Fiction can be.

Cheers!
Jzb the fact or fiction tromboist

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

My six words are:

I shop like I clean...rarely.

6:58 PM  
Blogger aya ahmed said...

ارخص شركات نقل عفش بينبع
ارقام شركات نقل عفش بينبع
اسعار شركات نقل عفش بينبع
شركات نقل العفش بينبع
نقل عفش من ينبع الى المدينه

4:35 PM  
Blogger aya ahmed said...

شركة تنظيف منازل بالباحة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالباحة
نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة تركيب طارد حمام بالخرج
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الرياض
شركة نقل عفش من مكة الى المدينة المنورة

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home