Saturday, December 12, 2009

Six Words

Today's Saying

Nothing's as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas. ~Kin Hubbard



Experiential learning can be very painful.

Standing in line a child tries to say something it heard in a book but what comes out is an old language that sounds like baby talk.
Велике Яйце на стіні
Ідіть вперед і падіння
Today Wink’s Woods had its Santa Claus day. Santa Claus had a special place in the store to visit with kids from ten o’clock in the morning until noon. Because there really isn’t a lot of space in the store a line of parents and children formed outside despite the cold. They were moving slowly in when the strangest thing happened.
In the middle of the street just down from Wink’s a wall suddenly appeared. It was four feet long and four feet tall. On it was sitting a great big egg with arms and legs and a really cute face. The egg waved at the children. One of the kids said look it’s Humpty Dumpty. The other kids looked and got very excited. For them this was better than Santa Claus. They waved back.
Suddenly the big egg leaned over and toppled off the wall. It broke into many pieces and seemed to be hollow inside. At that point two men on horseback showed up dressed like medieval knights . They tried to put the pieces back together using , of all things, Elmer’s Glue All. Even the horses tried to help by dipping their tongues in the glue and licking it onto the egg edges.But the egg kept falling apart. Then without any warning they all vanished.
The kids in line that were old enough recited the poem.
Mrs. Trumble called in Chief Ican and told him what they had to find whoever was doing this.It reminded her of some sequences from the TV show “ Bewitched”. “ If it is a child”, she said ,” We have to find it before its parent reads it a horror story or it sees one on TV. The town really does not need monsters on its main street.
Chief Ican agreed with her but told her he had no idea how to go about finding the child. Perhaps Eugene could get Susan to help.

16 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

Find that kid before she watches Elf, because a grown man in green leotards and a red coat is a very scary thing!

1:43 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

It is a cold Saturday here!
<><

3:06 AM  
Blogger ellie said...

No question about that statement, Dr. John! lol I've got my share of scrapes and bruises from experiential learning...but, I'll tell ya what...I don't forget what I learn that way! LOL!!!

3:10 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

My Dad always used to tell me about experience being the best teacher. I do learn from our mistakes, no matter how painful they may be.

Stay Warm

3:16 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I hope the child isn't reading any Grimm's Fairytales.

Six Random Words

3:46 AM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Life's lessons can, indeed, be painful.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Killara girl said...

One thing is, they're usually not forgotten!

6:22 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Life lesson are painful sometimes!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh, I hope the children weren't upset when Humpty fell! I hope Susan can help find out who this child is! You don't suppose it's ... oh NO! It just couldn't BE! No no no... The writer of the Driplets? But he came from MUCH further back in time than the 1800's! NO! It couldn't be him!


Dr... you simply MUST go visit my friend Betty today! The top comic on her page today made me think of YOU! :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Experiential learning can be very painful indeed, especially when mama is given a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas.
Mrs. Jim says most liked would be a nine-wood (golf club).

Happy 6WS, Dr. John. I need to catch up here on the Pigeon Falls folks. I've been too very busy lately but I'm coming back.
Yes, I'm hooked, :-)
..

9:10 AM  
Blogger Bridgette said...

I agree!!! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's Endora when ya need her. Love your six words :)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

What’s gain without pain?
Let experience teach you
a few hard lessons.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I take it you're still on the treadmill?

4:12 PM  
Anonymous WeeSally said...

What an interesting sentiment to ponder, but arent those the lessons we learn the most from?
I'll be thinking on this a lot more.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Call Me Cate said...

I remember receiving socks for Christmas. Useful. Blech - I never appreciated that kind of gift until I became an adult.

Thanks for playing 6WS!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home